The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rabelais

Whats the deal with SA

Probably not thread worthy, but when I seen this, I had to pick my jaw up off the ground.

Tighter controls on R-rated material

Legislation to ban the open display of DVDs and videos with a rating classification of R18+ has passed the South Australian Parliament.

Family First introduced a private member's bill to require that movies with that classification be covered and displayed in separate areas of shops including rental outlets.

Promotion of films with the R18+ classification will also be banned.

The bill does not apply to adults-only shops.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/03/2760837.htm

Mad Max, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club...all examples of fine modern cinema, hidden away to make you feel like a degenerate for wanting to watch them...Family First...jesus.

Anyone here from SA hear about this?

Begs the question, you think this is another example of Australia traveling down the nanny state path?...or just another example of our South Australian brothers....quaint ways? :P

Edited by Dale Cooper

Probably another example of the general populations apathy towards what the government is doing. I'm so sick of family first, should keep their narrow, misguided views out of politics and leave them in the church to affect only people who don't mind or won't do anything about it... oh wait :/

Alcohol is also only intended for 18+ but we see it everyday on Tv in coles Woolies catalog's, newspapers, billboards & signs etc. etc... Alcohol has a huge impact on the health system

Censorship gone mad :wacko:

Edited by mac

family first!,scarey bunch of nazis trying to force their way of life on everyone else.

christian taliban......be alert and even more alarmed!

t s t .

Fuck I hate how Christian this country is and how much worse it'll become if those fundamentalist pricks get into power.

As much as I love this state, it seems less 'active' than other parts of aus, as such it's a great retirement state, NFI on the stats if we got many seniors or not? Without making blanket generalisations I assume it is this demographic that pushes for such tardation.

The rest of us are stoners too lazy and apathetic. I'm seriously wondering when the global ponze scheme we call an economy is going to crash, when government authority is laughed at and we can finally get on with it, living life without self appointed authority types dictating what life should be. I think of the Grateful Dead lyric "To lead must follow" the two sides of the same coin, if you're tired of following, it's time to lead, and the best direction to lead is to a place of awakened self direction for all.. Hmm some lofty ideals there. As long as reptiles roam and we think they don't we're screwed.

"As long as you still experience the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge." - Nietzsche

"If people base their identity on identifying with authority, freedom causes anxiety. They must then conceal the victim in themselves by resorting to violence against others"

and the tool lyric "you are just a part of me" - has me thinking it's all your[my] fault...(the self in its entirety). To take the power back it is enough to be me, and be free, instead of constantly needing this projected enemy of... conservative politics, or banking conspiracies. watevs, its all me creating the world out there.