reptyle

On the Cultivation of the Ego

With these graces, delivered from thou to thine,

I mobilise...

Holding truth as the heights of emanation,

Aware, blessed through self directed creation,

Humbled in the light of the original cause,

Unified, though proud, to fullfill,

With urges bound to compassion, the freedom of expression is unhindered...

Resting in witnessing...the artist follows only the implement of their immediate designations.

Points of contact, the organ through which awareness feed its identity, striving towards total embrace, satisfied through perfect love.

Without emptiness...

Surrendered.

Huh...

Is this the poetry section or are you actually saying something?

I am cultivating my ego...and stroking it...and petting it...and calling it my own...

what are you asking and why do you feel it necessary to question me regarding purpose? Obviously there is no prerequesite formatting for this space...

the question is how far do the two overlap...and also...there is a definite technique to building a squigy tessellating egoic form...

where should i begin.

Ignorance causes separation.

Separation causes consciousness

consciousness causes action.

Thoughts become words.

Words become events.

events become attachments.

Attachments become causes.

Causes are Ignorance.

Ignorance becomes action.

Action becomes Consciousness.

Consciousness becomes contact.

Contact becomes the five entrances.

The five entrances becomes name and form.

Name and form becomes desire.

Desire becomes attachment.

Attachment becomes thoughts.

The original state is the awareness.

Through desire, awareness becomes ego.

Through ego, creation is made possible.

Through creation, desire is fulfilled.

Awareness of desire, allows the original state to arise.

Through the original state we find union, peace and freedom from suffering.

Uncontrolled desire is egoless.

the ego maintains union through attachment to the original state.

The cultivated ego is effortless action.

Pure awareness of the I am.

The original state gives birth to the supreme personality.

The supreme personality is freedom, liberation, enlightenment, compassion and pure wisdom.

Pride imprisons the ego, attaching to its causes, separated from the original state.

Causing awareness of suffering and duality.

Duality becomes union through the supreme personality,

right thinking, right speaking and right action,

compassion is the cause.

wisdom is the result.

origin.

compassion.

wisdom,

union,

creation.

peace.

why the motivation to post, where does this motivation come from, is it not desire.

Is it of the cultivated ego or somewhere else?

Perhaps inspired by a sacred place untouced by words, a sacred place that threatens this ego that needs to reduce it to words.

An ego that needs to show itself and affirm itself through it's brilliant discovery.

If only to alleviate the fear of death for a second, to affirm itself constantly through thought.

But it will die as all things do

this is a question i ask myself and you reptyle... upon reading ur posts.

this shit is real...

its not all about my idea's...it has a certain consequence...i have...funnily enough...placed myself in a position whereby the only pathway i have to perfect enlightenment...is...to share my understanding and, dubiously have it interpreted and reaffirmed by itself infinitely...there is no limit...i am not writing...you are still conceiving...this is your apprehension, still becoming...

you ask of yourself, where does communication fit into my becoming the pathways towards completion...i say...hmmm.

and then i say...wanna suck my balls?

you might ask...what are balls...then i would respond...have u ever tasted goji berries? slightly similar.

mine are at least.

hint hint hint...no winking. fuckers.

I love reading your insights Reptyle...

You wrote "Awareness of desire, allows the original state to arise"...

I wonder if the original state is always here underneath the chatter of the mind...like the sky...when the clouds pass..

not something that comes and goes...

Edited by souljourney

almost like poetry, wise words from the other side, of course.

holding truth, come-on no mind posess such a thing. No thing posess such a thing

U talk about ur balls, with a measure of violence. It's ok such things are good.

Enlightenment?, well it's all, as with love, ...ur path to enlightenment, how peculiar.

Through words also unusual but alas all roads eventually reach the same and are the same.

Still concieving, below you as it were, far to go and much to learn, and from you as it were. Perhaps from the angels also.

Angels above and demons below, an illusory world of judgement and mind. Mind is good, but for petting... there are much softer things

u urself said that electrons and protons are the same mass.

an intriguiong poetry, more an art in it's own right, definetly, even a kind of ranting to urself, that continully goes round in circles.

A mirror

Have you heard about the island with a minotaur, an endless maze, and a lost

Thankyou Reptyle for sharing this marvellous insight!

And May I congratulate your ego on describing direct path so cleanly, beautifully - never thought I'd see anything genuine like this here. :blush:

Suspicion tells me Your head is a dragon, but your tail is a snake...?

So I have One question for you:

"The Mouse eats cat food, but the cat-bowl is broken... What does this mean???"

If you see it, you see it directly. If you Think, you are mistaken

Thoughts become words.

Words become events.

events become attachments.

Attachments become causes.

Causes are Ignorance.

Ignorance becomes action.

Action becomes Consciousness.

Consciousness becomes contact.

Contact becomes the five entrances.

The five entrances becomes name and form.

Name and form becomes desire.

Desire becomes attachment.

Attachment becomes thoughts.

The original state is the awareness.

Through desire, awareness becomes ego.

Through ego, creation is made possible.

Through creation, desire is fulfilled.

Awareness of desire, allows the original state to arise.

Through the original state we find union, peace and freedom from suffering.

Uncontrolled desire is egoless.

the ego maintains union through attachment to the original state.

The cultivated ego is effortless action.

Pure awareness of the I am.

The original state gives birth to the supreme personality.

The supreme personality is freedom, liberation, enlightenment, compassion and pure wisdom.

Pride imprisons the ego, attaching to its causes, separated from the original state.

Causing awareness of suffering and duality.

Duality becomes union through the supreme personality,

right thinking, right speaking and right action,

compassion is the cause.

wisdom is the result.

origin.

compassion.

wisdom,

union,

creation.

peace.

Edited by Tlaloc

Manjushri was the Buddha's favourite and most dedicated disciple.

One day Manjushri stood outside the Gate where Buddha was. Buddha called to him: "Manjushri, Manjushri! Why are you standing outside the Gate? Why do you not enter?"

"I do not see a thing outside the gate" Manjushri replied. "Why would I enter"

A wooden chicken is crowing, two mud cows are wrestling on the bottom of the ocean; while a stone girl dances to the flute with no holes.

"Only Don't Know"

love

And May I congratulate your ego on describing direct path so cleanly, beautifully - never thought I'd see anything genuine like this here.

Ur path to what exactly. Enlightenment?, yet another desire, the next carrot, the next thing that you will hold. The one thing that makes you holy and above other lost egos.?

Genuine, huh, yes it is as if he has somehow given words to the sacred, the Truth, the untouchable, yes somehow you guys are pointing to this exact thing with your mental masturbation. Titilating. If only we could be equals, then maybe you would share it with me, the unholy.

Ignorance causes separation

Everything that is untruth is not, is evil. ofcourse. Ignorance, a beatiful creation of god and devil is the problem, we must be cleansed, OH MY GOD.

So much 'evil' around us, if only we could reach an evolution of consciousness and awaken the sleeping minds. And become enlightened. not

A path to enlightenment on which never reaching and forever seeking your ego will congratulate itself in the same way u have congratulated reptile for his meaningless words.

Wow such profound koans, I feel enlightened, if only ref1ect1ons could 'contemplate' the stillness for a second, silly boy he just doesn't get it, he just doesn't feel it. Stupid boy lost in ego, not like me at all.

only don't know

Exactly, wow. Know but don't know, this shit is insane y'all. You have to know without using the mind, because the mind is maya.

So know but dont know, know about enlightenment, but not anything else, know in silence but always act with right action and express desire without limitation, which is pure creation but at the same time do not desire.

We have the Key in words nonetheless. Wow such pointless bullshit, i mean read this shit.

Edited by ref1ect1ons

We have the Key in words nonetheless. Wow such pointless bullshit, i mean read this shit.

It might be pointless but it's pretty dang pretty. Poetry's never been praised for its precision.

I respect your view Ref1ect1ons.

Reptyle's original two posts were a finger pointing to the moon. Mistaking the finger for the moon is a common problem among monkey's.

Ur path to what exactly. Enlightenment?, yet another desire, the next carrot, the next thing that you will hold. The one thing that makes you holy and above other lost egos.?

That arrow would've hit me 5years ago. It's sailing down town now.

Reptyle, masters of the ages prescribed thus: "You must Look without thinking" to clean the Mirror.

This is a Path to the "Self". My master calls it the Thought of Non-thought.

Genuine, huh, yes it is as if he has somehow given words to the sacred, the Truth, the untouchable, yes somehow you guys are pointing to this exact thing with your mental masturbation. Titilating. If only we could be equals, then maybe you would share it with me, the unholy.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The words are a finger pointing to the moon. Whether he is stuck at "finger" or "moon" is his business.

Your attacks are valuable, but Only if the recipient is ready to "hear" them.

Appreciate your intent though.

Everything that is untruth is not, is evil. ofcourse. Ignorance, a beatiful creation of god and devil is the problem, we must be cleansed, OH MY GOD.

So much 'evil' around us, if only we could reach an evolution of consciousness and awaken the sleeping minds. And become enlightened. not

A path to enlightenment on which never reaching and forever seeking your ego will congratulate itself in the same way u have congratulated reptile for his meaningless words.

Wow such profound koans, I feel enlightened, if only ref1ect1ons could 'contemplate' the stillness for a second, silly boy he just doesn't get it, he just doesn't feel it. Stupid boy lost in ego, not like me at all.

Simplistic view of the world: Evil vs not. We are attached to nonsense! Put it ALL down.

crazy little dogs, chasing their tails. Don't attach to the sound.

Jump and See!

You already know.

Exactly, wow. Know but don't know, this shit is insane y'all. You have to know without using the mind, because the mind is maya.

So know but dont know, know about enlightenment, but not anything else, know in silence but always act with right action and express desire without limitation, which is pure creation but at the same time do not desire.

wow. "Pointless bullshit"? It's pointless when Monkey is caught on "finger". I appreciate the shove. What special medicine would you prescribe?

Those who speak, do not know.

Those who know, do not speak.

Edited by Tlaloc

One question can you accept not being enlightened, can you accept the burden of the Now without hoping for a future enlightenment that will 'relieve suffering', free you from the mind or save you.

I personally never will, I am not a part of greater humanity and although we have all had our satoris (sp?)

they are fleeting and grow slowly.

All I feel is a subtle peace around a volume of hate and discontent. However I am not violent, so pls dont say this.

I am glad you all feel the One Peace so strongly.

Edited by ref1ect1ons

One question can you accept not being enlightened, can you accept the burden of the Now without hoping for a future enlightenment that will 'relieve suffering', free you from the mind or save you.

I personally never will, I am not a part of greater humanity and although we have all had our satoris (sp?)

they are fleeting and grow slowly.

All I feel is a subtle peace around a volume of hate and discontent. However I am not violent, so pls dont say this.

I am glad you all feel the One Peace so strongly.

My love I send to you and to all. But not because some phony belief systems tells me to, but because It is what I feel in my heart of hearts.

Love to all

It is my "Peace', my reluctant acceptance of the way things are that finally enabled me to say this with all my heart: "I love you"

No attachments, just ships sailing past.

"We live in a Flash of lightening, when it is over- it's dark, forever."

Perhaps we should start a new thread Reptyle, Ref1ectlions - on the "Acceptance of what IS"

sing me your song and I will dance with you

love

post-151-126441670702_thumb.jpg

I am enlightened, and i don't think you have a reasonable set of counter-arguments to prove otherwise...know thyself? I said oh ok...i do, and now what? and it went now...dance and sing and make sure everyone else knows how perfectly wonderful God (ie ME) is.

i can describe to you the very processes by which i created myself in this world...does this make me enlightened? i don't think so...it's the joy i find in the fact that i know that makes me enlightened...everyone else simply has faith...

ignorance causes separation...i am in perfect union with the eternal lover. and that is how i shall stay.

this is what is. enjoy wondering if you could ever be enlightened...and if you do get to wondering, i can teach you what you need to know to get there...

peace.

I am playing the role of set. You are free to be what you want at any given time.

Edited by ref1ect1ons

Action is produced only as an effect of ignorance?

~Do you mean to say, no ignorance = no action?

or maybe, no ignorance = no self? but rather, self as other/all channeling itself, as action??

May i ask :), how do you juggle freedom in action? I imagine that you traverse around particular, specific, or abstracted 'sections' of all? Or perhaps you are experiencing everything always?

I like the idea that the self seems to be set walking on a matrix of tightropes, with a painted face, funky colourful attire, and juggling various toys, or interests, whilst attempting ever so delicately to find balance in various laws, or ecologies; systems such as biological, psychological, emotional, social (or ethical) and ~spiritual~. Such feelings parallel with the *idea* of Honzo, the Navajo Indian spirit-God-ultimo-balancer~acrobat~.

peace

post-5102-126473861437_thumb.jpg

post-5102-126473857765_thumb.jpg

ignorance causes action,

action causes suffering.

no action equals no self, whether in fact the being is doing or not doing, there is no action being performed by the self. only movement.

to find rest in work and work in rest is to find the balance of the worlds.

ignorance causes action,

action causes suffering.

no action equals no self, whether in fact the being is doing or not doing, there is no action being performed by the self. only movement.

to find rest in work and work in rest is to find the balance of the worlds.

I like trying to bring your idea of movement into what you call action. That is, being conscious, at times, of my injection of love into time.

"work in rest and rest in work" ~ like a cultivation of passion? Once again, I like trying to nail this one on a few different levels, including egoic-awareness/conscious-self. Perhaps, for humanity, the self has had a pretty dominating and destructive history in its relationship with other (as in, self-other; and the two combined as all or infinity). But I don't think we should throw the baby out with the bath water. I feel that self-other tends to work well synerginistically as a kind of evolving circuit. Such as, I like hanging out with friends and weaving our differences and similarities into novel futures through appreciation and celebration.

In my view, the self has got a bit out of hand but it's still family ~ if you know what I mean :)

It is true that through compassion and wisdom within ignorant creativity we are capable of knowing a self and it is possible to involve this self in its greater understanding of its own relative existence...and thus progress through novelty towards higher and higher states of complex order...this process needs mutate through time from species state to species state, this progress causes destructive or, releasing point of view, which are experienced as suffering...creation the opposite...thus celebration of the understanding becomes the higher state of construction which ultimately leads to perfect enlightenment.

totally know what u mean yar.