The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hendry

No Go zones for the police?

Raid delayed

"A raid last week on an Auburn man in which officers were looking for a handgun and drugs was delayed at least 12 hours - leaving the man with a deadly weapon for another night - because the riot squad and the tactical operations unit were not available.

''Here's a bloke who's got a gun. Carries it. And we've got the warrants to take it off him but we had to wait. We had to wait only for concern about adverse publicity, not because of concerns for our officers' safety,'' one officer said."

Not a good sign when the cops are too scared to go into the bad neighborhoods and go after armed criminals?

I guess it is easier and much safer for them to go to outdoor music festivals with sniffer dogs and bust highschool kids for having a joint.

i went out last week to a nightclub here (bad mistake), and on closing time the police do their usual patrols down the street to make sure pissed up people aernt trashing the place and each other.

what spun me out was the abuse these cops took. the police where on foot and people on the street where just abusing the fuck out of them.

the cops didnt do anything.

i was praying that the officer would pull out his gun and pistol whip some drunk idiots into some kind of sense.

i think in a way their hands are TO tied. being able to abuse the shit out of a cop without repercussion should not be on.

walking around with that pistol on your hip must be to tempting sometimes.

i take my hat off to them for the shitty job they have on the shitty pay and shitty hours.

umm its far from shitty pay. But the other stuff is true.

talking about real no-go zones, how about the bank robber who holed up into a post office? State police were unable to enter the building and had to wait for federal officers to come. Urban legend? - or is there more truth to it than that?

talking about real no-go zones, how about the bank robber who holed up into a post office? State police were unable to enter the building and had to wait for federal officers to come. Urban legend? - or is there more truth to it than that?

That's prolly true. I remember talking to someone who was sent to federal prison for beating up a mailman.lol I thought he was joking. Six months. Maybe there was more to his story

I wonder what there adverse publicity concerns were that delayed the raid?

"We had to wait only for concern about adverse publicity, not because of concerns for our officers' safety,'' one officer said."

Police do have to put up with all kinds of bullshit. Not to mention risking their lives just by wearing the uniform it's a bullseye. If they pull a car over for speeding they don't know if that person is on his way to visit his girlfriend or if he is returning from the bank that he just robbed. Notice the cop at the end of this video goes out of his way to confront the robber. Balls of steel!

I wonder what there adverse publicity concerns were that delayed the raid?

"We had to wait only for concern about adverse publicity, not because of concerns for our officers' safety,'' one officer said."

Auburn has a history, I used to hang out there as a mischievous adolescent. Have seen police retreating from its suburban streets more than once, driveby shotgun holes in the medical office window, Turkish gangsters marking their territory with physical violence in plain view of witnesses, etc.

A lot of issues stem these days from housing young Somali refugees in the area who have known nothing but murder and war their whole lives without any real support for employment or even psychological integration.

There is a heavy criminal influence on the area, but also a heavy and strict Muslim influence, so the two play out in conjunction. You aren't gonna get shot up or mugged as a "civilian" but certain times of year certain streets only locals are game (or have reason) to enter. Ghettos of the world are the same over: you treat people like animals and damned if you aren't gonna get a few animals.

Best pide, kebabs and turkish delight in the city if you ask me though.