The Corroboree
Darklight

EGA feedback?

Just wondering how much tickets would have to be to break even? Approximately

hahahaha, less... a loss of 10% is unfortunate but acceptably.... sadly we are not close to that yet, but much more behind.

but i do not wish to dwell on an otherwise fantastic event, but it is important for people to be aware of the energy, work and loss involved in a volunteer run event such as EGA.

In plants we Trust

I think in excess of $200 would have covered this years event wt. Ronny didn't want to push the price there because he loves everyone too much :P

Edited by apothecary

I'm sure the amount of tickets could be expanded if a bit cheaper (working out the same), although... I personally would probably pay more still :) It is well worth it! So much worth it that cash doesn't even seem to play a factor in the decision, I suppose for entheonerds its a kind of pilgrimage.

Do we need some kind of entheo propaganda machine to help enlist more entheo-warriors? Do we actually believe in mind expansion and do so by expanding this community too? Or do we like our little social clique too much? Does too large a collective dilute the power/clarity of the movement by creating a zombie mass-mindedness like the mainstream machine?

just some thoughts...

I'm sure the amount of tickets could be expanded if a bit cheaper (working out the same), although... I personally would probably pay more still :) It is well worth it! So much worth it that cash doesn't even seem to play a factor in the decision, I suppose for entheonerds its a kind of pilgrimage.

Do we need some kind of entheo propaganda machine to help enlist more entheo-warriors? Do we actually believe in mind expansion and do so by expanding this community too? Or do we like our little social clique too much? Does too large a collective dilute the power/clarity of the movement by creating a zombie mass-mindedness like the mainstream machine?

just some thoughts...

I definitely noticed some "zombie mass-mindedness" from supposedly enlightened individuals this years EGA, especially during those talks which were discussing the science of issues.

The issue doesn't revolve around that however, it is centered largely on the problems with insurance, site capacity, ability to put on a good event for N number of people, logistics and safety for those N people etc. It isn't a doof, it isn't run like one, so nobody can simply say "we are short X number of dollars, we better try and get N number more people to come next year".