The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Qhorakuna tantani

Pollen?

I was just wondering if anyone has some T. Bridgesii pollen that they could spare for a trade, or some cashola. Not sure if I have anything worth trading really, but I might be able to scrounge something up :) Pollen from good yielding T. Bridgesii is preferred, if I can also be a chooser ;) A bridgesii, which I planted before realising, has started flowering for the first time, and I'm making a B-plan just incase it isn't self fertile.

Very doubtful she be self fertile mate.

I guess it all depends on when the flowers open but ill have rosei#1, psycho0, super pedro, pach, J3 and yowie, not sure about the others, ill hafta go check tha garden.. Ill try get some for ya, just let ppl know when the flowers arent far off from opening so the deed can be done with a chance of success.

Hey, just thought I'd post some pics n ask how long ya reckon till they're ready to open? Thanks btw :D

I quite happy that there's two flowers starting on this branch, and about three more on another :D

post-747-1259502465_thumb.jpg

post-747-1259502556_thumb.jpg

I've got some scopulicola & fat superpedro starting to extend now but prolly no good for ya as they'll prolly all flower at the same time. lol

Jeez superpedro was stubborn, this is the 1st year. Being rootbound didn't seem to help it in the flowering department, had to get to about 5/6 ft.

This year is an unusual one. All the Bridgesioids seem to be setting flower. Bruce, Full melt (or partial melt as i have here, semi monstrose) and a single M&D are showing flower buds. I have had these plants for bloody years with no signs of flowers. Now, all 3 are setting! could make for some pretty awesome X's. :)

Edited by BlackDragon

Ah man, I've never had a trich flower (except T huasca/spach can never remember, red flower? but they dont count as they're not smoooth...) and they've been in the ground for years, some are taller than me now. Will 2009 be the year? :drool2:

I should have some pachanoi pollen in a couple/few weeks. How long does it stay viable for?