The Corroboree
Teotzlcoatl

Psychoactive Animals!

certainly not used by the ancient aboriginals of Oz.

yes because its not native.

Right.

Does anybody have anymore info on psychoactive frogs or toads?

Hyla or Rana species?

Teotz,

Some bikers here in Oz have been known to skin the cane toad and grind the skin to a powder. They then smoke this powder with some herb. I have heard reports of people dying from cane toad venom but hey these guys smoke it and some enjoy it. These guys were living in and out of Grafton............. I wonder what they're doing now, its been a long time. Hey Gonzo if you're out there somewhere......

cool topic

i have always wanted to farm giraffes! then we could throw a giraffe steak on the barby.

giraffes have super strong hearts because they have to pump blood all the way up their necks.

... and they eat so many acacia seeds which keep their hearts very healthy and strong indeed

what about fugu?

i thought i should mention there are a number of species listed here that are not only considered toxic, but deadly. tread carefully. i have kept a lot of the reptilian and invertebrate species mentioned and must say i personally dislike the thought of animal use as sacraments or the like....so i am bias.

but some of these species are some kind of toxic, and others are pretty rare/endangered! i beg people to think about this seriously, if not for your health, but for theirs.

• Like 1

This thread was not intended to promote the ingestion of psychoactive animals, just to reveal their existance.

I have never seen a list of psychoactive animals anywhere close to as comprehensive as the one I posted (maybe in Snu's book?).

yeah good work teotz

although toads and frogs are amphibians, not reptiles. also a frog accidentally made it into the insect section.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Thanks ThunderIdeal.

It really helps when people help me with correction like that.

Snu has some great stuff in his new book which I just got and IT'S FREAKING AWESOME! EVERYONE BUY IT!

Published research on the alkaloid levels ie bufotenine of Bufo species suggest that this alkaloid is present in the cane toad in very low quantities, much too low for this species to be a viable source of the alkaloid. However a number of other species of bufo not occuring in Australia have been shown to have much higher levels of the alkaloid as in ten times as much and more. I believe that further experimentation and research of these other species would be a worthwhile endeavour.

i thought i should mention there are a number of species listed here that are not only considered toxic, but deadly. tread carefully. i have kept a lot of the reptilian and invertebrate species mentioned and must say i personally dislike the thought of animal use as sacraments or the like....so i am bias.

but some of these species are some kind of toxic, and others are pretty rare/endangered! i beg people to think about this seriously, if not for your health, but for theirs.

Well said.

Bufo marinus has been recently changed to Rhinella marina.

Check pages 107-109 of 'The Garden of Eden' by Snu Voogelbreinder. Great book and very up to date.

http://www.physorg.com/news182501672.html

Sea slugs are easy to spot and eat[fish] but have warning patterns so a toxin accumulator of sometype like a caterpillar.

Poor sea slugs if a human could get high on them.

To complicated of a life cycle to farm.

[but a new discovery is [super green sea slug, Elysia chlorotica, which lives in waters on the east coast of the USA and Canada, is known to steal genes and photosynthesizing organelles called chloroplasts from its favorite intertidal algae species, Vaucheria litorea, but it now seems it has developed an entire chemical pathway to manufacture the green pigment]

I might become a green man instead of a blue man [the music group making music with plumbing instruments].

interesting if true, devance.

i know for instance of a jellyfish that harbours photosynthesising algae or similar.

we have recently discovered that some fungus are autotrophs!!!! not using visible light but non-ionising radiation IIRC

to be clear, this slug is supposedly retaining chloroplasts from it's diet, but producing it's own chlorophyll.... not eating or eliminating waste for 5 months. a new kind of symbiosis i reckon.

i wonder how it goes towards meeting the energy needs of an animal.

'In 2007 scientists, including Pierce and his team, found genes related to photosynthesis in the slugs, and these genes, apparently originally from the algae, were even found in unhatched slugs that had never eaten algae. In the latest research Pierce found more algal genes, and some of them were for enzymes required for the chemical process manufacturing chlorophyll.'

New.

Hemoglobin and Chlorophyll are the same except iron or Magnesium.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Fertilizer-717/Mg-vs-Mn-difference.htm

http://www.actahort.org/books/383/383_20.htm

Maybe useful for weed analysis.

'In 2007 scientists, including Pierce and his team, found genes related to photosynthesis in the slugs, and these genes, apparently originally from the algae, were even found in unhatched slugs that had never eaten algae. In the latest research Pierce found more algal genes, and some of them were for enzymes required for the chemical process manufacturing chlorophyll.'

New.

Hemoglobin and Chlorophyll are the same except iron or Magnesium.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Fertilizer-717/Mg-vs-Mn-difference.htm

http://www.actahort.org/books/383/383_20.htm

Maybe useful for weed analysis.

http://www.physorg.com/news182238058.html

[The seemingly lifeless iguanas can be revived, however. Passersby can usually bring them back to life by picking up the lizards and setting them in the sun. After a brief warm-up, most will scamper off into the bushes.]

Just do that for me for the same results.

we're not just going to let you scamper off like that dev

I am scampering or scurrying as the Stephan King movie says.

neither of the above, nor slithering.

you squirm in place mister :P

neither of the above, nor slithering.

you squirm in place mister :P

I am and have vast experience.

I do squirm, and have tried to scurry and scamper, no luck there, not happening.

But as the topic is psyhoactive creature.

I am self psyhoactive.

My favorite in life was and is Hashish.

So a 2 eyed visual triggering for the best and not the worst of such: as not thinking or remembering or paranoia as with Sativa.

But If not driving, its not a bad drug, remember Carl Sagin the nice guy that explained the physic of the universe as known bon PBS TV used to smoke pot in a closed shower to do so because of a rational fear of being busted and hes alot more of a icon than most and a scientist..

one can extract the venom of several toads, by going straight to base,

as such we would think to leave the nasties behind.

i bioessayed marinus twice and with mild effects, but find the prospect of working with this material again not tempting at all.

The U.S, toad is real, but smoking the DMT from the glands [electrocutated and the toad recover]is DMT but also bufotenine.

So if a snake eating the frog has the experience of being sick from bufotenone and DMT./ sick and vomitiing.

Hallucenatinating and vomiting.

A good defense for a toad but not so good for a high or seeking spititual enligjhtment.

Hey Teotz the list is looking great :) but what about the alkaloid profile of these creatures?

also im pretty sure it was mentioned on this forum somwere.... sea urchine rue (caviar), contains anandamide a canibanoid and nuro-transmitter in the human brain.

devance wrote:

My favorite in life was and is Hashish.

So a 2 eyed visual triggering for the best and not the worst of such: as not thinking or remembering or paranoia as with Sativa.

-------------------------------------------------

devance, talk about this more please. 2 eyed visual triggering?

regarding paranoia... jeez. i think i've realised why fear needs to be bottled away in the amygdala.

paranoia shows you fears ranging from almost impossible to almost certain (to occur). i think paranoia is just exposure to that part of your brain. you might normally replay a song in your head, think about work, fantasise or meditate but during paranoia you are peeking inside of the fear bottles. i say peek but i haven't experienced full-blown paranoia.

contemplation of this might reveal a way to work with the state of paranoia.

i'm looking forward to a better understanding of these little mystery-beans. surely, knowing the mechanism behind the storing, modifying and accessing of our deepest fears will lead to better therapies and i really think these therapies might be highly advantageous for just about every person. see, it all pertains to how we react to what is going on around us (and in us). it's a fundamental thing, like fear.