The Corroboree
Evil Genius

Crossbowers around?

A friend of mine was broken into when they were not home they came home late one night to find the front door kicked in but nothing was taken.

Their only explanation was they had a life size John Wane picture mounted to wood at the very end of his hallway, the bugler kicked in the door got a quick look at a 7ft john wane standing at the end of the hall & just legged it the fuk out of there :lol:

Edited by mac

Ok then, how about using a sling shot with the 'pepper balls' instead of a paint ball gun? same result as they explode and let out a cloud of oil or powder, plus I guess if you added some kind of dye you could also tell the cops to look for the guy stumbling down the street choking on dribble, dressed in black with a fluro pink face. :)

Yeah unfortunately pretty much anything that you do other than bend over and hand the crim' some lube could potentially end up with you in hospital or jail.

Lets not forget that crim' don't like getting caught and don't like getting asulted, so even if you do detain them until the cops show up or you give them some smack down, there is a good chance the prick will come back in 3 months time and wait for you and your knee caps in the shadows with a baseball bat.

So, you would end up having to move anyway.. what a rediculous catch .22

I guess that leads us to stopping them from getting in, in the first place.

I like those door braces and stuff you see in the movie 'Jumping Jack Flash" with Whoopie Goldberg, you could have something similar (like a horizontal drop down bar) hooked up to a motor and alarm system or remote, so that when its tripped the doors are automaticly locked/braced.

http://www.tbotech.com/door-brace.htm

Also there are plenty of other deterants/devices like:

Wireless controlled Dead-Bolt (using this you can lock off a section of your house when worried creating a 'safe room/area')

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Electronic-D...&id=2925996

Fake dog barking sensors, (lets face it your a LOT less likely to have an intruder when there is a dog)

http://www.tbotech.com/electronic-watch-dog.htm

Wireless dialer alarm (from when ones special closet has been broken/snooped into while ones not around, better than a hair and tape)

http://www.tbotech.com/auto-dialer-security-alarm.htm

I could keep going but Im bored now.

Late breaking news...the official photo of Eg with his Crossbow has just leaked! :P

post-1140-1259019462_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evil Genius

Hmm, thats somewhat disturbing EG, where's your body armour?!

better security. barred windows.... that is how I live here anyway - (in the carib)

in home protection. a baseball bat, or a spear maybe. I have a machete in my car & in my appt.

a crossbow.... he he he.... I like how you think..... but killing someone is a big deal. goes for any weapon. if a person breaks in,.. be determined to beat the living shit out of him.

above all,.. should you kill someone in your appt... I dont know the laws in germany.... but you should stay calm and think it through carefully.... good subject to bring up if you have lawyer friends....... in the mean time the freezer will keep it from stinking.

pool acid.... works well I hear. ..... you can flush him out bit by bit with your piss and shit ........

:-)

dont worry... just too much movies!!!

back to meditating...Ohm mane padme hum!

Are airguns legal in Germany?

Back in the states I had a little souped up BB gun (I know I'm a complete nerd ) I changed the electronics in it by soldering a chip so is was either semi, 3 or 6 rnd burst or fully automatic circa 1000 rpm. Before I came here I was aware that the Oz govt frowned upon things that go bang with smoke n send metal things fast enough that they make tiny holes in other stuff……………… that being said I figured bb guns were still legal in Oz. Was pretty disappointed  I couldn’t bring with. I don’t even consider it a weapon. It’s more of a toy. Could prolly take someone’s eye out my own included lol. Might be good for softening them up for the crossbow? Or it could simply make them really angry lol

It’s interesting to hear people voice concerns about the legal ramifications of defending your life. If a stranger enters your home with bad intentions, doesn’t run you better be ready to kill him. It is true that not all intruders will pick fighting with you instead of leaving. Hopefully they will leave....but to base one’s home defence plan exclusively on this type of assailant is reckless and naïve. Better to have a plan B just in case it isn’t Mr. Rogers breaking into your house.

PICT0011.jpg

shakygreendot.jpg

Even the green sight is a no no? You just can’t win can ya?

sdfsdf

Edited by Teljkon

sdgsd

Edited by Teljkon

sdfs

Edited by Teljkon

Saw a Tv show called Samurais VvS http://www.physorg.com/news186330182.html

[The term anthropomorphism was coined by the Greek philosopher Xenophanes when describing the similarity between religious believers and their gods — that is, Greek gods were depicted having light skin and blue eyes while African gods had dark skin and brown eyes. Neuroscience research has shown that similar brain regions are involved when we think about the behavior of both humans and of nonhuman entities, suggesting that anthropomorphism may be using similar processes as those used for thinking about other people.

Anthropomorphism carries many important implications. For example, thinking of a nonhuman entity in human ways renders it worthy of moral care and consideration. In addition, anthropomorphized entities become responsible for their own actions — that is, they become deserving of punishment and reward.

Although we like to anthropomorphize, we do not assign human qualities to each and every single object we encounter. What accounts for this selectivity? One factor is similarity. An entity is more likely to be anthropomorphized the more similar it appears to humans (for example, through humanlike movements or physical features like a face). Various motivations may also influence anthropomorphism. For example, lacking social connections with other people might motivate lonely individuals to seek out connections from nonhuman items. Anthropomorphism helps us to simplify and make more sense of complicated entities. The authors observe that, according to the World Meteorological Organization, "the naming of hurricanes and storms — a practice that originated with the names of saints, sailors' girlfriends, and disliked political figures — simplifies and facilitates effective communication to enhance public preparedness, media reporting, and the efficient exchange of information."

Anthropomorphism in reverse is known as dehumanization — when humans are represented as nonhuman objects or animals. There are numerous historical examples of dehumanization including the Nazis' persecution of Jews during the Holocaust and torture at the Abu-Ghraib prison in Iraq. These examples also suggest that those engaging in dehumanization are usually part of a cohesive group acting against outsiders — that is, individuals who feel socially connected may have an increased tendency towards dehumanization. The authors note, "Social connection may have benefits for a person's own health and well-being but may have unfortunate consequences for intergroup relations by enabling dehumanization."

The authors conclude that few of us "have difficulty identifying other humans in a biological sense, but it is much more complicated to identify them in a psychological sense."[

[My outlook, he has a very different sexual[expectation[young girls or boys] and expects a sociology experiment [legal] to replace instincts as far school training.

vikings vs samuari as the TV.

one won, so go for the short katana for home use or the viking axe[5 feet] as extra edge.]

Saw a Tv show called Samurais VvS http://www.physorg.com/news186330182.html

[The term anthropomorphism was coined by the Greek philosopher Xenophanes when describing the similarity between religious believers and their gods — that is, Greek gods were depicted having light skin and blue eyes while African gods had dark skin and brown eyes. Neuroscience research has shown that similar brain regions are involved when we think about the behavior of both humans and of nonhuman entities, suggesting that anthropomorphism may be using similar processes as those used for thinking about other people.

Anthropomorphism carries many important implications. For example, thinking of a nonhuman entity in human ways renders it worthy of moral care and consideration. In addition, anthropomorphized entities become responsible for their own actions — that is, they become deserving of punishment and reward.

Although we like to anthropomorphize, we do not assign human qualities to each and every single object we encounter. What accounts for this selectivity? One factor is similarity. An entity is more likely to be anthropomorphized the more similar it appears to humans (for example, through humanlike movements or physical features like a face). Various motivations may also influence anthropomorphism. For example, lacking social connections with other people might motivate lonely individuals to seek out connections from nonhuman items. Anthropomorphism helps us to simplify and make more sense of complicated entities. The authors observe that, according to the World Meteorological Organization, "the naming of hurricanes and storms — a practice that originated with the names of saints, sailors' girlfriends, and disliked political figures — simplifies and facilitates effective communication to enhance public preparedness, media reporting, and the efficient exchange of information."

Anthropomorphism in reverse is known as dehumanization — when humans are represented as nonhuman objects or animals. There are numerous historical examples of dehumanization including the Nazis' persecution of Jews during the Holocaust and torture at the Abu-Ghraib prison in Iraq. These examples also suggest that those engaging in dehumanization are usually part of a cohesive group acting against outsiders — that is, individuals who feel socially connected may have an increased tendency towards dehumanization. The authors note, "Social connection may have benefits for a person's own health and well-being but may have unfortunate consequences for intergroup relations by enabling dehumanization."

The authors conclude that few of us "have difficulty identifying other humans in a biological sense, but it is much more complicated to identify them in a psychological sense."[

[My outlook, he has a very different sexual[expectation[young girls or boys] and expects a sociology experiment [legal] to replace instincts as far school training.

vikings vs samuari as the TV.

one won, so go for the short katana for home use or the viking axe[5 feet] as extra edge.]

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message998772/pg2#15711852

Aloyt more imporytant than money.

I think this is what your looking for Eg

lol Teljkon, i urgently need one. I could even use that to replay the final battle from the movie 300 with that baby. :P

I think so, Henry. I never tried buying one but i assume it takes a little bit experience to modify one. now, is that a paintball gun or a softair? Im not sure about the term BB.

Greatest weapons on the planet are Katana Swords. Unfortunately, the pussy ass german weapon laws dont allow them either. Only wood swords. I mean cmon, wood swords??? The Burglar would probably die from laughing.

bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

asdasd

Edited by Teljkon

Man, that all sounds pretty screwed up. When I lived in melbourne I never once locked the backdoor, not even when I wasn't home and I never had a problem. To be honest, now i'm living out of the suburbs I don't even bother taking my keys out of the car.

You got to get out of the rat race, it's the only way to live.

BTW, how strict are the gun laws in germany? I mean are replica guns legal? I know there illegal here.Thing is, I don't think much people are going to hang around to find out if it's real, when they break into your house and see you in the hallway with a gun (replica) pointed at there head, asking who the fuck are you!

Edited by jabez

I think this is what your looking for Eg

I think so, Henry. I never tried buying one but i assume it takes a little bit experience to modify one. now, is that a paintball gun or a softair? Im not sure about the term BB.

bye Eg

The Drozd shoots steel BB's. Unlike the "people friendly" airsoft BB's.

I read somewhere that the Drozd variants sold in Germany are restricted to semiautomatic only where as the original Drozd has a switch semi 3,6 round burst from 300,400, 600rpm cycle rates. The modification I did on mine gives it the option of fully automatic at around 1000 rounds a minute (the mode featured in this guys video).

For me the main attraction to it is that is shoots 13ish BB's a second.Limiting it to semiautomatic kinda defeats the purpose of having a BB submachinegun if it doesn't "submachinegun" lol

Airguns have questionable utility as a self defense tool if you think that it is not uncommon for someone to get shot with a large caliber pistol and not only continue "business as usual" unaffected ,in many cases they don't even realize that they have been shot.

That being said if someone breaks into your house,doesn't leave,is a threat, you shooting them in the face 25 or so times with a bb gun then retreating to your bedroom starting your chainsaw/dialing 911 ,might not take them out of the fight permanently but the unexpectedness of it would hopefully throw off their momentum and have them get to thinking that EG has been doing his homework,is kind of a strange ranger and might not be worth the bother? or they could get really angry and kill you? you never know....

“In Germany, air guns producing a muzzle energy up to 7.5 joule (J) (5.53 ft•lbf) can be owned by persons from the age of 18 years and freely acquired, provided they comply with the "F-in-pentagon-mark" that indicates projectiles fired do not exceed 7.5 J kinetic energy. For carrying air guns in public places an arms permit is necessary. The transportation of unloaded and cased air guns to a shooting range is permitted as is shooting air guns on private land.

When shooting with air guns it must be assured the projectiles can not leave the shooting area (WaffG, Section 12 (exemption of permit requirements), subsection (4), 1a. The minimum age for air gun shooting in Germany is 18 years, before 19 June 2009 it minimum age was 12, or even 10 years if an exceptional provision was granted by the appropriate German authorities. The change was made because of the Winnenden school shooting.

For the acquisition of weapons exceeding 7.5 J, so-called long range air guns, according to German law a purchase authorization is needed. Such an authorization can only be issued with a valid reason to acquire such a gun, and if the owner has mastered adequate handling skills as audited by the appropriate German authorities.

A purchase authorization is not required for air guns, manufactured and introduced onto the market before 1 January 1970 in Germany or before 2 April 1991 on the territory of the former East Germany (WaffG, Appendix 2, Section 1, Subsection 2, 1.2); they can, regardless of their muzzle energy and/or the presence of an "F-in-pentagon-mark", be freely acquired and possessed.

The storage requirements for firearms also applies to air guns.”

This part is interesting

“A purchase authorization is not required for air guns, manufactured and introduced onto the market before 1 January 1970 in Germany or before 2 April 1991 on the territory of the former East Germany (WaffG, Appendix 2, Section 1, Subsection 2, 1.2); they can, regardless of their muzzle energy and/or the presence of an "F-in-pentagon-mark", be freely acquired and possessed.”

Pre 91 weapons from East Germany are grandfathered regardless of their muzzle energy.

Nice little loophole. Would be difficult to determine the geographical origin of any airgun. Long as it doesn’t scream out “I was manufactured prior to April 91” One might as well bring/send one back from a country without all of these bullshit regulations.

When people think of airguns they envision steel BB’s or anemic .177 pellets.

I am not familiar with large bore airguns but it's worth mentioning when considering unusual self defense appliances within the confines of a nanny state. I think the larger caliber airguns are relatively expensive compared to real guns anyway.

one talented ol dude

Edited by blowng