The Corroboree
santiago

Drink Spiking

In replying to another thread topic (bong water) it ended with drink spiking. That gave me the idea for this dodgy thread.

Im just curious to peoples thoughts and experiences on it. Never ever ever has it happened to me or anybody i know and been out heaps to pubs/clubs etc. The theory is simple that most drink spikings might be a lie. Its just too convienient. What if i a clever drug user dropped a unknown pill, got high couldnt handle it and simply cried wolf. If they worse still had to go to hospital, would you say you bought illegal drugs or say ' i cant remember anything after that drink '.

So thats all there is really, personally i think 80% of all 'drink spikings' are fake. Of course many would be real, do you think its a great excuse for a big bender or is true and has really happened to you??

Drink spiking is when alcohol or another drug is added to your drink without you knowing.

Alcohol is the most common drug used in drink spiking. It may be done either by having alcohol added to non-alcoholic drinks or adding shots of spirits to alcoholic drinks to make your drink much stronger than you think

http://au.reachout.com/find/articles/drink-spiking

Ov course it happens, i've ordered a date a double instead ov the single she asked for, as i'm sure many others have.

A group of guys i know do it all the time, only to each other, they all think its hilarious. I cant see the point in it though, not very responsible IMO.

Ov course it happens, i've ordered a date a double instead ov the single she asked for, as i'm sure many others have.

Heh..that's soooo true.....wow we are so fucked up when you think back to doing things like that, all just so she can be barely awake while we try and shag her...now that's romance. :wub:

http://au.reachout.com/find/articles/drink-spiking

Woah, that's not normal behaviour. Why not just go the whole hog and add rohypnol too?

Remind me never to go on a date with you :P

Edited by ballzac

It definitely happens. I have had my drink spiked twice and know a few other people have too.

This is how i got mine spiked.

Was at the pub seeing a band, was by myself so i had to drive home (which was 20 mins away) so i couldn't get drunk. I drank a schooner and then decided to get a glass of water. I asked at the bar for a glass and they directed me to the jugs at the end of the bar. There was only half a glass of water in the bottom of the jug so i drank that. 15mins later i started feeling really wasted, my hand eye co-ordination was completely out and i was stumbling. Because i knew that i hadn't drank enough to be that wasted i knew somthing was up so decided to drive home (obviously my thoughts are getting irrational at this stage!). I don't remember the drive home execpt waking up whilst driving and i saying to myself "you just have to make it these few kms and then you can go to sleep." I (luckily) got home and passed out for 18 hours, my flatties told me later. Woke up feeling really groggy but didn't have a sore arse and still had my wallet so all was good. I think whoever did it just decided to take their chances and spiked the last of the drink, or maybe they spiked the whole jug, i don't know. I reckon if they had spiked a girl though they may have close to killing them. I was a prett heav drinker at that time so i imagine that would boost my tolerance to benzos, which is what i suspect it was.

Another time i was drinking at splendour and had my beer spiked with acid. I have no idea how whoever did it managed to get it into my drink but they did and i had a horrible time, i really don;t like acid. Luckily i was with friends this time and they looked after me. Was such a waste of a ticket.

I know another 4 people off hand that have had their drinks spiked so it happens. Now that i think about it i actually knowpersonally about 9 people. All but one are girls, one of the girls being 45ish. So creeps don't discriminate, keep your drinks close. I know one chick who knew this dude who worked in a pub and he got caught spiking girls drinks over the bar. He'd spike a few so that when he knocked off he had easy pickin's. God some people are disgusting.

So in answer to your question, no, i don;t think that most people make it up. If someone has the courage to call an ambulance in the event of some neuron sizzlin they're probably also likely to tell the paramedic what they've taken. I think that it would be a great excuse for parents or when you've acted like a dick but i doubt this is where drink spiking statistics come from.

Yep, me too. It was in Japan in an expat pub in Osaka.

I definitely only had the two drinks and it was not that. Felt really sick and can't remember getting home.

I am really wary thesedays and keep my drinks close.

I was spiked with acid when I was fifteen years old. I went to a Wailers concert with my Mum and as Bob Marley is now deceased he obviously couldn’t make the show. My Mum went up and got me a drink served in a plastic cup from the drink stand. We sat down and started watching the back up band. Everyone was sitting around on the ground and it was a pretty chilled atmosphere. I remember looking across at this hot chick in a red dress next to me.

I soon started to feel a little unwell so laid down and continued to watch the show. My eyes drifted shut and by this stage I was feeling pretty scattered. My imagination soon wandered to the chick in the red dress. She was dancing in front of me. She was getting closer and closer, then on top of me. She was a fucking demon, I was paralyzed, she was sitting on my face then……………shitted in my mouth. What the fuck.

I rolled over and asked my Mum “Mum I’m freaking out, please take me home”

I got home and jumped in the shower. I remember the water temperature having some type of weird synesthesia associated with it. I then crashed out and went to sleep.

I guess that is what you get when you’re a little feral teen. It would have been good if they had just offered it to me so I could enjoy the experience and stick around to see the Wailers play. But I suppose my Mum would have just told them to fuck off.

One of my male friends said his drink was spiked by two chicks who took him to a hotel room where he woke up not knowing how he got there and his wallet and mobile stolen.

Another female friend said her drink was spiked one night and she was subsequently raped by two men. Some aspects of her story though aren't quite 100% consistent with usual drink spiking stories.

thanks for posting that greencavefloat.

i saw a similar article except i am 99% sure it was based in brisbane.

drink spiking is of course terrible, but what about this:

"We also found nearly all people were unconcerned with the amount of alcohol they had drank.

a heavily drunken state can be described as 'legless', 'blind' or 'spastic'

about 15 years ago at The Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras party in sydney several people ended up being taken to hospital. While most admitted to using 'ecstasy', all tested positive for methamphetamine. The cases were dismissed as excessive consumption until one of the admitted had family/friends tell the docs that he never takes any stimulants EVER because he has a heart valve problem which would likely prove fatal. And it did. He tested positive for huge amounts of meth despite his friends all claiming that he had consumed nothing.

Further testing revealed that the skin of his arms was covered in methamphetamine freebase. Apparently someone had been going around the party massaging strangers with 'tigerbalm' that was heavily laced with meth freebase.

about 12 years ago some local hippie kids gave a friend of mine a joint which they themselves did not parttake in. Even though he was a regular pot smoker he quickly descended into several days of manic and schizophrenic behaviour before he was hospitalised and which took several YEARS to get under control and severely affected his life. Turns out the hippie kids laced the joint with large amounts of brugmansia as an experiment.

It's not just drinks you have to watch out for. And given that this happens with many other drugs I don't see why it shouldn't also happen with drinks. Some people are just evil predators who know exactly what the consequences are or braindead morons who haven't thought that far ahead.

• Like 1

about 12 years ago some local hippie kids gave a friend of mine a joint which they themselves did not parttake in. Even though he was a regular pot smoker he quickly descended into several days of manic and schizophrenic behaviour before he was hospitalised and which took several YEARS to get under control and severely affected his life. Turns out the hippie kids laced the joint with large amounts of brugmansia as an experiment.

That's fucked up.

It def happens... I've talked to girls who have reported black-outs after consuming like 2 pre-mixed drinks at a club which were purchased by themselves... and I personally know somebody who got drugged and raped by 3 gate crashers at a party I was at. She tested positive for GHB when she was at the hospital the next day for the necessary examination needed for police purposes.

I also heard a report of what was believed to be an accidental consumption of the wrong bottle of water which destroyed her... Was talking to a woman who told me a story of being with her girlfriend at a club for mardi gras after party and these girls are not drinkers. She had smoked a little bit of ice earlier but was overall straight - but suddenly she started feeling off and was getting real sick. It is quite common for people who consume G at clubs to put an amount into a bottle of water to consume slowly like alcohol instead of just squirting a few mils down their throat... luckily a friend realised what was going on racked up a massive massive line of speed for her which woke her the fuck up and she then had a decent night lol, but things coulda been very bad if she had consumed alcohol that night.

The most interesting thing I wanna mention is what was told by somebody who I regard (and you would to :wink:) as very credible. He told me that a certain frequently used and easily obtained prescription medication, not regarded as a date rape drug and would not be tested for, is believed to be used for drinking spiking... it makes a fucking lot of sense considering the known effects of this medication.

This person also told me not to tell people about it because the consequences if this became more well known could make the situation a hell of a lot worse, so I will respect that and not discuss the name of this drug.

Edit: I do also remember reading an article similar to those posted but concerning schoolies - people buying chicks doubles instead of singles.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

its my understanding ghb CANNOT be detected as its a natural neurotransmitter in the blood (ie, its in everyone, kinda like trying to detect an olympic athlete on hgh, we produce it ourselves!)

Infact what they do, its a toxicology report, and considering the alcohol content, "nothing else would explain it but ghb"...

Edited by C_T

its my understanding ghb CANNOT be detected as its a natural neurotransmitter in the blood (ie, its in everyone, kinda like trying to detect an olympic athlete on hgh, we produce it ourselves!)

Infact what they do, its a toxicology report, and considering the alcohol content, "nothing else would explain it but ghb"...

In many regards I think you're probably right there whereas rohies stay in your system for a bit.

From what I know it or most likely its metabolites can be detected within a short period after consumption through blood tests only... however urine tests would not work.

I can't be bothered hunting through journals atm but I'm pretty sure in the instance of a rape investigation GHB could potentially be tested the next morning - especially if the spiking occurred later in the night which would make sense with clubs. Also unlike rohies the action of GHB is much shorter and thus it would be physically more viable to head to the hospital earlier unlike flunitrazepam which is has the longer action than any other benzo sleepers... and I doubt rohies would be used much because I've seen how they are big fuck-off green things (considering only around 1mg tablets by memory) designed to stain drinks.

However I am willing to say that you could be very well right as I don't know the full procedures in hospitals on the matter and the only person who could verify would be a knowledgeable cop or a doctor.

some interesting responses, im still not convinced however...when i worked in car insurance it always was somebody elses fault, true $$$ was at stake but when drug's are over ingested or somebody is simply just weak of mind then reputation and a criminal record is at stake.

however sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, the following example is a story of drink spiking given to myself by a close female friend, many males fantasise the other way round, why doesnt some hot chick spike my drink and have her way with me !

The male friend goes out one night and meet's a lovely female, they get along and decide to head home together for the night. They end up at her house and have a few drinks. Pretty soon they end up in the bedroom and he is handcuffed to the bed. Soon his stomach start's to grumble and burble and groan. He is now alarmed at the fact the room is cling wrapped in plastic, the bed and the floors most importantly. She tells him not to worry and that everything is OK. Now the most incredible thing happens. As he is lying there spread eagle on the plastic protection coated bed with handcuffs spreading him out wide the stomach pains increase as she strokes his cock. He is about to crap himself and he cant stop it, so there right in front of this desirable female he shuns all public decency and whilst his cries for the toilet are denied he proceeds to poo himself on the bed, great volumes of semi viscous excreta shoot from his ass and spread all over the place like a violent pro hart painting. She curses him and calls him a filthy discusting wanker and takes solice in another room. Lying there helpless on the bed his mind could not be further away from sex but closer to the realisation he has just performed the most vile, sick, unimaginable act in home of his new love. However as the door once again open's from the other room and is suprised to find the girl is now clad in the most erotic black pvc dominatrix outfit and comes in full of vigour and hate and proceeds to discipline him for being such a useless, inhuman wretch for shitting the bed. Once forgiven he is given the shock of his life when she starts to roll around in his brown waste and absolutely relished it. Simply she met him, slipped a laxative into his drink, prepared already at home she simply sucked him in with a pre curser to sex and then lapped up his shit.

This is just hearsay, that very good female friend of mine told me the story. I suppose the moral is that we think of the male of the species being the one who cannot control his urges and cave man style, without the dragging of hair but with the drugging of a drink can render any female helpless, however i wouldnt be too certain.....what if in fact it is the devious and emotive, creational mind of the sexual female which can create the most mayhem and that drink spiking shouldnt only be attributed to horny men.

fucking great idea but as much as i wish women could be safe, these ^ could also be used in a malicious fashion.

I went to a doof on the weekend, where i had a dj set at 5.30pm

Got there after lunch sometime and would have consumed anywhere from 6 to 12 beers, 4% pale ale, a fairly moderate amount for me..

I did not consume any illicits..

I got on stage and early into the set got pretty confused about what track was playing etc..

This confusion seemed to escalate, then i woke up at around 5am in a dorm bed with no idea how i got there..

People in the room told me that it was like i was possesed. Making crazy noises, growling and making that kinda deep dry reach scream. I was told i was moved from 4 different beds due to spewing through them and over myself. People were supporting my head so i wouldnt choke.

Later i found out that i had walked off the stage early in a real messy state, got into a rough but friendly wrestle with a person on the dance floor. Another friend went down to the creek to take a piss and reckons in the darkness he heard someone call out "help me" and found me by the creek barely conscious with vomit all over me, when he asked me what i took i told him that i had only had a few beers. He got the medics on the scene and him and another friend got under my shoulders to help me walk to the dorms where the beds were.. while walking he said i was zoning in and out and my whole body would go limp like i was falling asleep.. complete amnesia from about 6pm to 6am.. seriously weird!

People know me to get a bit out of shape at parties so they just laugh when i tell them that i think my drink got spiked, im still schocked by it all and cant figure out what happened. Nearly certain someone got me for shits and giggles!

I was at a friends party one evening and wasn't feeling 100%. He had some mulled wine on the stove and gave me a glass, about 10 minutes later he asked me how I was feeling (seeing I wasn't quite 100%) and I thought he must have spiked my drink and my head started spinning and I was freaking out and feeling really unwell. I asked him if he had spiked my drink and he gave me this "your kidding me right" look and said he would never do that.

I calmed down a bit and things started going back to normal, later on that evening after a few more drinks I had relaxed and calmed down and felt absolutely fine.

My anxiety related freak out had been completely in my head and he hadn't put anything in my drink.

It was ok when I was mostly sober and could further relax but in a psychedelic frame of mind the same scenario can take on an unpleasant life of its own.