The Corroboree
Geebus

Kaktus Powder from HHH

Edited by lsdreamz

I think I remembered paying about $35 for a 2g vial. But my experience with mixing the product can't really be accepted because it wasn't a clean "experiment". I'd personally just buy one of the pach logs.

hmmm when i was in HHH buying an EGA ticket there was a group of people buying up a bunch of them. I asked them if it was any good and they claimed to be on it at the time and it was a nice lovey feeling similar to a good pill so i bought a 2g vial for $25.. as soon as i get out of this clinical trial im going to try it, I suspect that if it is at all active I should be pretty susceptible to it as the trial goes for 11 days and we cant take any drugs for the duration..

ill report back when i do this and let you know how it goes :)

If xodarap shouldn't have commented [loosely doubting and generally discussing, which is what this forum is all about] on the product because he hasn't tested it, then how can you [loosely] defend and advertise it since you too haven't tested it?? :P

I neither defended nor advertised the product. You are making false statements.

I attacked the way a product was being hypothesised about from a completely ignorant perspective, while drowning out the few actual bits of experiences and knowledge that were being offered.

This is a big problem on forums in general and a pet peeve of mine, which is why I have a policy of encouraging [and sometimes enforcing] that a relevant reply be provided within the first 10 posts of a thread. Filling the first 10 posts with uninformed conjecture makes a thread pretty much worthless for future reference.

Also, its true that there are no informed opinions [which you mentioned to substantiate your attack to xodarap] have been heard up to now - only the general stuff both you and xodarap are thinking about commercial products and extracts.

You are obviously just trying to stir shit as you have not done any fact checking. At least 5 posts with first hand information about the specific product [albeit limited] were made in this thread before I commented. Each of these posts was interjected with conjecture.

in my book a doubtful and skeptical dude will always have less chances to accidentally overdose on anything.... Idiots on the other hand, who buy legal highs off the internet, from 100xsalvia extract [not australia, but anyway] to amanita extracts , which they have no idea and no instructions on how to use ...

Someone who quiclly comes to the conclusion that a product must be so weak that it can only be homeopathic is the classic candidate for the emergency ward. Even if it turns out later that xodarap is actually more cautious, he still shares this dangerous mindset and may influence others by it.

You are obviously just trying to stir shit

No I just disagree with the intention, tone and content of your post - attack to xodarap / defence of an unknown product you have reasons to promote ...

if this is stirring shit, then yeah

Edited by mutant

ummm why the fark would t have reasons to promote HHH products???

listen i have nothing against T, & i don't think defending anyone or anything is the issue. i'm just skeptical about products which are marketed as something in particular, in this case kaktus powder, which is said to be a stimulant, but which also contains caffeine... if the primary effect of the cactus extract is a stimulant one & if it's worth using for that purpose then why does it need caffeine? i think this is a perfectly relevant & important thing to bring up for discussion in regards to products like this.

the reason i had a rant & 'drowned out' other opinions is that my ego got ruffled when the idea of my level of open mindedness about the effects of plants & chemicals on the mind was attacked. it was a silly need to defend my 'open mindedness'.

like a said i think it was a perfectly relevant angle to the discussion. i'd really love to know more about this product, it sounds quite interesting, i've always had an big fascination with non-mesc cacti chemistry, i just don't know what the caffeine is about in this product...

pretty much all i've really seen out of this thread is people getting offended, either because i'm coming across like a non-believer heathen & i'm dissing the majic of cacti, or because i'm bringing a product into disrepute. the opinions expressed seemed very much to be defending & speaking of the psychoactive effects of non-mesc containing cacti in general & NOT of the definite unique cacti effects of this product itself.

once again i admit i know little about the product except that it's reputed to be a stimulant & it contains caffeine... go figure

edit: hang on...

Someone who quiclly comes to the conclusion that a product must be so weak that it can only be homeopathic is the classic candidate for the emergency ward. Even if it turns out later that xodarap is actually more cautious, he still shares this dangerous mindset and may influence others by it.

i don't share this dangerous mindset, that was completely fabricated by your mindset. i'm extremely careful of everything that i put in my body. saying that my statements would influence anyone to be careless about what they ingest is ridiculous imo. on the contrary my entire point was that that people really need to think about the things they ingest.

i didn't come to any conclusion that it was homeopathic, but specifically stated that i wasn't sure & that perhaps it is homeopathic. now you are making false statements

Edited by xodarap

The full effects take a while to come on, so the caffeine seems to keep you entertained to some degree while you're waiting. M tends to be quite a good stimulant for the first hour or so or longer, then things start to get fun :)

Bahahahah....y'all have to check out post 12 on the first page of this thread...rofl.gif

Okay now back to the topic...I have tried really hard today to track down a list of ingredients for this product and the fact is..well I can't, even if I go to HHH webstore it still won't let me in unless I sign up...

fuck that I'm sick to death of signing up to every damn web page I wanna view, why would the owner not allow free browsing of the products to educate themselves on the products they are selling, I mean you may find a product that has a certain list of ingredients and wish to further research them in wiki or something..to me that's not allowing or supporting harm minimization it's more akin to deceptive marketing.

Why can't I find a list of ingredients for any of their products, and where is the information that should be available to the consumer explaining the possible synergising effects of supposed ingredients...assuming you can find them anywhere...there is no such info...why is that...?

I must admit I have always been skeptical of these types of products and always considered the people who peddle them as snake oil merchants. Having re read this whole thread I have decided to educate myself to find out a bit more about these products, seeing as how xodarap copped a tounge lashing I thought it at least prudent to make a wholesome effort to learn all about this kaktus powder.

Well I'm not sure whats behind the sign in page on HHH, but I refuse to submit another e-mail address to a company just so I can browse some herbs...so if anyone can show me some detailed info, potential side affects, synergising qualities etc etc...I would much appreciate it.

Oh and just to show the common head space of your average drug taker/young person interested in expanding their minds check out the bluelight thread on legal highs HERE

The common ideology throughout that thread is how would you say...ignorant of how and what these products do...I wonder why..?

I did enjoy reading about all the bizarre side-affects and weird feelings people had from these products, I certainly would not take any of these legal highs after reading some of what these people have to say, not unless I could as I have done with many other substances...read all about them over and over and over again, to educate myself and apply harm minimization.

Ok i'm off to my dealer now to buy some really dodgy pills, can't wait to see what they will do to me...wacked.gif

Ok here goes!

I thought I would give kaktus a fair go and try my hand at a trip report.

*pre-trip preparation:

I hadn’t taken any drugs (including nicotine, alcohol and caffine) for 7 days and I had fasted for more then 10hrs (overnight) before dosing. Though I understand music can alter an experience I decided to put some music on (Johann Sebastian Bach)

*trip timeline:

-10:55

drank the whole 2gram vial suspended in multiV juice (a full fruit box)

-11:27

>slight cloudiness to thoughts a bit like being tipsy

>heightened energy levels, slightly altered visual perception.

>mild sense of love and joy (though I did just receive a phone call informing me I was to come into $2000)

-11:48

>body feels light, sense of joy is approaching euphoria

>feel like dancing (and am dancing)

>>definitely active

>very smooth experience, no jarring surges.. just a gentle but reasonably strong high

> enhanced touch (more sensitive to subtleties of different surfaces), sound (enjoying music immensely), vision (slightly augmented.. a bit like a very low psilocybin experience) and smell (burning some sandalwood almost potentiates the experience)

>still haven’t eaten, not hungry (appetite suppression?)

-12:10

> feel ‘giggly’ very nice euphoria, feel warm and ‘lovey’

>changed music to caspa & rusko (more dancing)

>feel more social, calling friends to chat instead of txting to reply to msgs and have decided to go to something I had previously decided to pyke out on

>ate an apple, taste hasn’t been augmented

12:46

>still just as strong (and still haven’t eaten anything apart from the apple)

13:00

>still just as strong, am going to go lay in the sun

13:30

>sun was great! (though it always is) feel like I have past the peak and may be coming down

14:00

>still feel altered but it has mostly warn off, still very clean and smooth

*I finished here as I had things to do though I still felt altered for a while later

*The duration of the trip was good and I didn’t experience any comedown at all, the effects came on smooth and steady with only mild peaks/troughs and they wore off much like an ebbing tide.

*I felt perfectly normal in the evening and the next few days

*‘A friend of mine’ found this to be a nice alternative to pills being equal/better then a lot of the crap circulating atm

*I will buy more, not as an alternative to pills but as a nice experience in its own right.

I think HHH has a winner here though this is the first legal alternative I have tried

good report fractal :)

listen i'm not trying to push this, i'm really not. i don't have any reason to be a wanker over this, but i can't help but point out that fractals report seemed to illustrate a very typical caffeine experience for an occasional coffee drinker.

I think the points raised by xodarap in this thread are very valid. I've never had a good experience with any product from HHH, they have always done literally nothing for me. Whether it's a product I tried years ago, or one I tried weeks ago, they have never resulted in any noticeable effects and were thus way overpriced.

Perhaps this is because much of what they sell in their extract line is caffeine based. I am very insensitive to caffeine and am yet to feel any effects beyond a headache from high caffeine doses.

lol, you could say the same thign about an MDMA pill. How about you get yourself some and try it out. In fact, this speculative negativity is still getting on my nerves so much that if you email me your address I'll go and get one from HHH headquarters on my next delivery trip and send it to you. Might take a couple of weeks before you get it, but at least it will finally stop this cycle of uninformed commentary.

Tripsis, I just rememebred something about HHH policy. They always sell weaker products to noobs so as to avoid problems with allergic reactions, sensitivities, etc. If they don't know you or if you haven't told them about having tried weaker products then they won't suggest the stronger ones. check your PMs

Well I'm certainly open to trying their stronger products then, but not if it keep costing me so much for so little result. I've always specified I want the stronger ones, but there's nothing to say they gave them to me. Even products that were given out with great care to the public were found to be have neglible effects compared to when I sourced them from elsewhere.

lol, you could say the same thign about an MDMA pill. How about you get yourself some and try it out. In fact, this speculative negativity is still getting on my nerves so much that if you email me your address I'll go and get one from HHH headquarters on my next delivery trip and send it to you. Might take a couple of weeks before you get it, but at least it will finally stop this cycle of uninformed commentary.

only if it was a hopelessly shit pill. these days i don't go anywhere near ecstasy pills & would only partake if i get close to pure xtals. but i'm serious, fractals report seemed to follow the course of a caffeine experience in many fine details. the thing which makes me think that i may be being unfair (apart from the fact i haven't tried it of course ;) )is that on a clear head & empty stomach i would have expected a somewhat stronger experience from a reasonable dose of caffeine for a non-coffee drinker. i just want to say i'm not part of any cycle of uninformed commentary. my comments are based on all the information that is possibly available to me without actually forking our $30 for something i can't find much good info on.

i wouldn't get myself some because it costs about $30 & i still haven't seen any real reason why a good cup of coffee wouldn't be just as interesting & thats literally 10X cheaper. if you would like to send me some then in the interests of science i'll try it & also post a report. i have no reason whatsoever to be biased one way or the other. i don't want to put you to the trouble really but if you like i will accept your offer & post a detailed comparative assay of an average good coffee to a recommended kaktus powder dose. if it turns out my skepticism is unwarranted i don't have any problem with retracting it.

i just want to say again, i think shaman australis products are really great. everything i have ever tried from SAB has been well worth what i paid for. i now realize that my comments about this product have come at a time where T is a little touchy about ethno-products being unfairly brought into disrepute. i understand this & i wanna say my comments aren't aimed at doing this.

Fractal firstly thanks for taking the time to actually post your experiences, I'm a big fan of people recording their journey's weather they be legal highs, herbal remedies or balls to the walls illegal psychedelic trips. It's all good data and the more people record and dump on line for prosperity the better IMO.

Did you intentionally clean your system like that because you wanted to report on the Kaktus experience...?

Not being picky but to get more detailed information about new products like this it is also quite necessary to record down reports when you have been living and eating/drinking normally, without any fasting etc.

I'd be interested if you could repeat the report on an occaision when one was simply living normally..ie; normal stomach contents, have a smoke or beer etc etc. It's these instances actually that can show up any inconsistencies, synergising side effects with stomach contents or positive/negative reaction with alcohol etc.

Fractal can you divulge the contents of the Kaktus powder...I mean are the ratios of ingredients actually supplied with the product... or even just the ingredients supplied...?

cheers.

I think the points raised by xodarap in this thread are very valid. I've never had a good experience with any product from HHH, they have always done literally nothing for me. Whether it's a product I tried years ago, or one I tried weeks ago, they have never resulted in any noticeable effects and were thus way overpriced.

Perhaps this is because much of what they sell in their extract line is caffeine based. I am very insensitive to caffeine and am yet to feel any effects beyond a headache from high caffeine doses.

have you taken 2 empathys before??? :wink: or even 2 octopamine pills??? 2 empathys blow you away.

xodarap why comment if you havent tried it? i can find lots of trip reports on erowid that sound like a caffine high but they are not. try some and then argue away! :P

Edited by Bush_Turkey

It would be good to see someone who drinks allot of espresso or has a high tolerance to caffeine give Kaktus Powder a go

I tend to drink a fair bit of coffee & was taking a guarana & ginseng (equiv to 26mg caffeine) daily after my morning 2 cups of strong coffee so knowing the amount of caffeine in the product & other ingredients would be good, then someone like me with a high caffeine tolerance could try the product & report what they thought of Kaktus Powder

I may give it a go after Xmas but like others i think the price is what puts most off of trying a unknown product, as LSD suggested most would rather spend the $30 on a ft of nice fat bridgesii for their garden

Edited by mac

apart from perking me up a little bit i only notice negative caffeine FX. abnormal feeling in the chest, jittery, anxious, any euphoria is hard to notice underneath these FX.

HHH products (single dose) have given me effects like a mild pill.

i'd much rather some good illegal drugs too, better value and more fun, but at least with legal products you can feel reasonably certain about the contents. surely that is worth something.

for all i know, i've never consumed lsd, mdma, speed or dmt even once in my life. there's no way for me to be sure.

i think the Delosperma and the crocus S :P in empathy gets interesting at 2 pill dose. bit intense for me but i have mates who love it.

Edited by Bush_Turkey

xodarap why comment if you havent tried it? i can find lots of trip reports on erowid that sound like a caffine high but they are not. try some and then argue away! :P

i've already gone into this in previous posts, but a big reason i continue to post is that certain people have made a big hoohaa about my earlier posts, otherwise i probably would have shut up ages ago. once again (yawn) i think with the amount of info available my comments are perfectly valid. & i'm not arguing at all, i'm just bringing up a relativant point & hoping someone can clarify it.

I haven't tried Kaktus, but I've taken 3 or 4 Cherry Pops in the past, and had a lot of fun each time. Tingling sensations, euphoria, energy...

Coffee on the other hand tends to make me fall asleep (I don't know why, but it always has).

Definitely very different experiences. At least for me.

i've already gone into this in previous posts, but a big reason i continue to post is that certain people have made a big hoohaa about my earlier posts, otherwise i probably would have shut up ages ago. once again (yawn) i think with the amount of info available my comments are perfectly valid. & i'm not arguing at all, i'm just bringing up a relativant point & hoping someone can clarify it.

true true. ill be happy to send you a vial for free if your worried bout buying something that you havent tried.