The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
The Jamanoid

Checking out Kava

Can anyone tell me

*Basic preparation?

*If it's a problem in terms of over-consumption or am I pretty much alright to go at it?

*Will pineapple juice spoil the effects while improving the flavour?

So yeah, thanks in advance for any info - we're looking at doing it tonight (saturday) so any quick info would be greatly appreciated. - Thanks.

- B.

Edited by The Jamanoid

I just mix/soak a few tablespoons in a glass of milk for a couple of minutes and then strain/squeeze through some cheesecloth to get all the solids out. Basic method, but it works, though I'm sure there are better preps out there.

Oh and remember to put the cheesecloth in the wash afterwards, that milky stench can get pretty rank after a day or two on the bench :P

Enjoy :)

I would really like to get hold of some Kava to see if it helps with my insomnia as well as a replacement for alcohol, im just unsure if it can be found in Australia & what the customs laws are on importing & what amounts etc

My uncle brought some back from Arnhem Land many many years ago but im not sure if its still available to purchase easily here in OZ

Do they accept online orders ? or have a webpage

I,m sure that shop wouldnt be selling

a prohibited item,seeing as how trading in kava

is illegal and they are good law abiding

citizens.Dont incriminate people.

Edited by Andrew

The search engine here can provide you with about the widest, most accurate amount of kava-related info available, including current legal status.

ed

I'm under the impression they're doing things correctly on their end, so I'm not incriminating anyone, as far as I know there's no restrictions pertaining to purchase and use.

One person has pointed out that it's a proscribed substance, and I told you how to verify this. Both pieces of advice that you chose to ignore, yet you still think you have an accurate understanding of the matter.

I'd suggest that you do a little bit of research before commenting further.

Kava is illegal for general retail sale in Australia.

Also, Andrew may have been speaking a little tongue-in-cheek. He may have been implying that if you find a source for kava in Oz it may not be in anyone's best interest to post about it on the web as this will only alert authorities.

You did ask about kava preparation (and mention consumption which is technically against the self-incrimination rule) and informing you that such preparation is illegal is actually pretty good advice, no matter how it's phrased.

People here are pretty helpful, but if you choose to disregard their advice they'll soon offer none.

ed

I was under the impression from reading past post on this forum and the fact that customs allows you to bring in 2kg from overseas in person (not mail order) meant that kava was legal to possess and consume? I thought it was just prohibited to sell?

Anyway, I think it would be good stuff for a alcohol subsitute, but for me it's completely useless for insomina, but then again it takes me at least 40mg of temazepams to even get me to the point where I feel like sleeping, that or a good day of tokin, oops, the incriminating rule, LOL.

Have heard lots of reports of it being good for sleep though, so it's worth a try I guess.