The Corroboree
trucha

No joke, Snu Voogelbreinder's Garden of Eden is now available

Yes its a must have.

My copy came after about 9 days, quick actually, considering it came the day after x-mas.

Its the most money I have spent on a single book, around 150 usd.

So far my favorite part is his obscure info that is discussed by region, but there is also tidbits everywhere.

The author managed to create a real great book, that seems a bit underground at the same time polished.

My copy had one double page,which is fine by me, I havnt noticed any other errors.

There seems to be a good amount of anecdotal reports and the authors own experience as well.

A lot of interesting info, and I was very stoked to read about a good amount of opiophile related data,including a VERY interesting thebaine derivative that has LSD'like effects.

I also have noted the author has some knowledge of ayurvedic and TCM medicinals.

Worth the money if one can afford it these days, I got lucky and was able to forgo getting my wife a x-mas present and spent the funds on the book instead.

I doubt many used copies of this book will show up any time soon

I'm very impressed by this book. It's amazing to see such a wide range of flora and fauna.

I'm not letting my copy leave the house, its a 'must have' I think.

Embarrassing to have forgotten to post this for so long, very sorry snu :BANGHEAD2:

If there are any major issues, like dodgy skewed printing, significant ghosting, big typos, blank pages etc.

Could you please make a note of it, page number etc, and share it with us so it can be passed along to Snu so the master can be edited appropriately.

(It's also handy for us forum users to edit our copies and see if it's an across the board problem or just a single or a few copies that have it)

One potential problem was crediting information to gerbil which should be credited to t st tantra, I haven't come across any yet, but please let us know if you do.

Thanks! (hope i got that right snu :blush:)

This is a really good quality book, mass amounts of information, with mass dedication to the work, highly recommend purchasing this. Very impressed in the effort that has gone into it, very inspiring. Given this has come from our own backyard, makes it even more special to me, show your support if you like these kinds of things and go get yourself a copy or two!

Only problem I've found is the print on the lower half of page 27 is slightly doubled.

This is a really good quality book, mass amounts of information, with mass dedication to the work, highly recommend purchasing this. Very impressed in the effort that has gone into it, very inspiring. Given this has come from our own backyard, makes it even more special to me, show your support if you like these kinds of things and go get yourself a copy or two!

Word.

This book is an amazing work, well worth the $100.

Defiantly grab a copy :worship:

Im loving this book.

I cant recommend this text enough.

its really an amazing work. If you havent got a copy yet, do.

Thanks again Snu.

Cheers, Obtuse.

Gotta love the information crediting to single names or online persona's :P

Gotta love the information crediting to single names or online persona's :P

I absolutely loved that, particularly upon recalling some of those names from Edot back around '98-'00.

Great book!

The book is great. Pay a little more and get Snu to send it in a box. Australian Fucking post damaged mine. Shame to cause its such a well presented book. Anyway I'll be keeping mine in a safe spot and using it for many years to come.

The book is great. Pay a little more and get Snu to send it in a box. Australian Fucking post damaged mine. Shame to cause its such a well presented book. Anyway I'll be keeping mine in a safe spot and using it for many years to come.

Yay got my order in the works now :)

Yeah for a couple of extra bucks I think it's worth it. One corner on mine copped some damage, fortunately it's on the back cover & not too bad.

how about someone takes some pics of their copy just so others can see what it looks like?

im saving up for mine at the moment,hopefully not to far away.

san p

Doubt there'd be too many left now, only 500 in print right? Or was there a reprint already? Mine travelled home prime position sandwiched in my suitcase from EGA.

Doubt there'd be too many left now, only 500 in print right? Or was there a reprint already? Mine travelled home prime position sandwiched in my suitcase from EGA.

seeing this post prompted me to email Snu asking if there are any left... I'll post his reply when I get it...

I hope there are some left. My own fault if there isnt for taking so long though.. :blush:

i dont know how many he has left but i have emailed him within the last week and got quotes for shipping to nz,sounds like i better be quick though!

good things come to those who wait, but better things come to those who don't.

I recieved an email from Snu today,

There are still some left!!!!

Didnt specify an exact amount though...

Id love to get a copy of this book if theres still some about!

I cant see any available on shaman australis... Whom should I be speaking to to organise myself a copy?

*exciteD*

Oh I always post before I investigate...

I think I found the right email address.. :)

I just ordered a copy, cant wait for it to arrive!

great book, reading "stormy weather" amongst all the other good stuff in the book helped me a lot to understand a recent train wreck at the time I got the book Snu had some great knowledge he shared with me as well when I was in correspondense with him while ordering the book

Edited by josho

i just ordered mine the other day, am expecting it next week some time, can't wait! snu is a great guy & i encourage you all to support him & glean from his years of work, this book is a bargain!

hoping there is still a copy available. amazing

Should we pin this thread?? for all the recommendations and so that newer members and people looking for peer review, contact info etc can find it easily?

Anyway Just received my copy today :worship:

An amazing compilation of info for the hardcore ethnohead and novice alike! have only just read the start - introduction and questions & answers common misconceptions, really like snus writtings style and referencing :wink: have flicked through other members copies briefly in the past and am totally wrapped that i finally got around to ordering my own copy. Extremely valuable piece of reference material for future endevours something one shouldnt be without.

Cant recommend this enough especially to local ozzy members too support a piece of highly valuable and amazing work & scholar given the retrograde politics/times/law we reside in and given that this piece of Literature Rivals that of Ratsch's Encyclopedia of psychoactive plants in terms of up too date relevant information. the only problem people seem to have is the lack of colour photos which really to me doesnt seem to me too be much of a problem given the botanical description (all of us here should have some botanical & horticultural knowledge in regards to plant identification) things like the internet (for pics/photos) and the aforementioned Ratschs Encyclopedia as a companion book should be more then enough to alleviate botanical identification qualms people have.

Still seems to be a few copies left for interested peeps as per my inquiry 2 weeks ago :)

mine came quite quick only two days i would recommend adding the extra couple of bucks for a cardboard box just to be sure of no damage and pristine condition.

This book is amazing!

I have been reading a little every night before bed, it is very well written, easy to digest and its if he is writing your thoughts of your personal experience and enlightenment.

There is a lot of good info touching on all topics, spiritual, scientific and political, stuff you never knew and cementing theories handed down from others.

This has to be the best book I have read (reading) in a long time! I am certain it will be a favorite in years to come!

Thank you Snu :worship:

peace

Edited by San Rainbow