The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shane6891

any cubes yet

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has seen any cubes starting to pop there heads up around the place as of late.. It's going on to that time of year :drool2:

I havnt seen any in my local spots yet but havn't really been looking either

..LUCKY HUNTINGS.. :worship:

peace

Shane

Edited by shane6891

drought :(

big time...

ohhhh for some rain... although the mango crop is looking pretty good about now...

lol, must be time for a hail storm then

It depends on where you are...

Ive heard of some patches down in some protected valleys along the riverside (SEQLD) but thats it, as the fellas have said its a bit on the dry and windy side.

Give it another month, I think we will be getting a fair whack of rain soon, I feel it in me bones.

Give it another month, I think we will be getting a fair whack of rain soon, I feel it in me bones.

We're due for some rain...:wink: Hopfully this rain might kick off the season..

The rains are coming !

Can't wait for the wet season, decided to add a few things into my daily schedule, one of them being mycology.

I'm going to start growing a few species of edible mushrooms and start researching organisms & such,so hopefully you'll see a bit more of me on the Mycology Forums ;)

Anybody know of and places to buy good/cheep musroom growing packs ?

( PM with supplier :P )

The rains are coming !

Can't wait for the wet season, decided to add a few things into my daily schedule, one of them being mycology.

I'm going to start growing a few species of edible mushrooms and start researching organisms & such,so hopefully you'll see a bit more of me on the Mycology Forums ;)

Anybody know of and places to buy good/cheep musroom growing packs ?

( PM with supplier :P )

Why not just put together you own substrates etc? Lots of online guides and videos on how to do it with various rices/woods/flours.

Other wise i did see a local bunnings doing mushroom packs for $30

Also, any of you guys had luck with the free spore ring??

Edited by Eth_Head

Why not just put together you own substrates etc? Lots of online guides and videos on how to do it with various rices/woods/flours.

Other wise i did see a local bunnings doing mushroom packs for $30

Also, any of you guys had luck with the free spore ring??

HEhe rain then heat rain then heat rain then heat what more could a mushroom ask for I think we are having an ideal run of weather in NSW

Went for a little stroll today at an old faithful spot with no luck...

If i could ask you guys/girls a question?

In your opinion/journeys what are the most potent strain of cubenis, that can be found in wild habitat? (Not just in Aus)Interested in seeing other peoples opinions.

peace

Shane

Edited by shane6891

A cube is a cube is a cube.

I guess it depends on growing conditions. For some reason my stomach tells me you'll find something more potent in tropical South East Asia but unless their cow poo contains more precursors (there have been reports that adding DMT to your substrate increases the mushroom's production of 4-ho-DMT) than ours, I couldn't give you a real reason to buy my gut's idea.

In my opinion you'll give yourself a stronger trip if you convince yourself your mushrooms are extra strong, though I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Edited by JDanger

So your saying, if one was to grow mexican cubenis and thai cubenis in the same conditions, the potancy would be the same?

Edited by shane6891

Had a quick squiz today & its drier than 3 nuns nasties round here, sad stuff. checked a couple of pats & could'nt even see any myc.

We need rain & lots of it.

So your saying, if one was to grow mexican cubenis and thai cubenis in the same conditions, the potancy would be the same?

Pretty much, yeah. From what I gather colonisation times may vary and one strain may prefer slightly different conditions to another, but the effect per weight should remain largely the same, if you control for set/setting/expectation.

Only 'strain' that's reported to be different in regards to potency with any real consensus is 'penis envy', though that cube seems to be another ballpark in more ways than one.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.p.../page/3/fpart/1

yeah too dry yet tweed river north to mary river i'd say, even in a patch that was fruity august into summer here in 2007.

but the clouds are looking darker these days and word of storms on the winds...

potency - sensitive to location, climate, stress, substrate, species. sometimes i have entertained the idea that older specimens somehow increase in potency when not exposed to full sunlight. recently heard about encountering thai cubensis whilst on an elephant walk... apparently same strength as cubes here.

Edited by kalika

Just like sativa is sativa is sativa . pituri is pituri is pituri. Acacia sp. X is Acacia sp. X is Acacia sp. X....

now these plant species aren't known at all for variable content are they...

throw some selective breeding in there too.

Genetic Variation.

p.s. still no cubes in vic :o

Yeah, a cube is cube, but you can easily find variation that can amount to several time in potency. Cambodian cubensis mushrooms are renowned for their potency, which generally holds to be true, but sometimes people will find they do almost nothing, due to genetic variation. B+ on the other hand is generally rather weak, although on occasion the opposite will hold true. Selective breeding gives a good example of how potent cubes can get, in the form of penis envy, as you mentioned. This variation isn't only restricted to strains in the form of races, but also to strains in the form of single dikaryotic bondings, so that mushrooms found in one field can be far more potent than those found in an adjacent field.

The point is that even though they are all cubensis, genetic variation can lead to great variation in potency. To say one mushroom is as strong as the next would be erroneous.

oops

Edited by kalika

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :slap:

man edit your post self incrimination isn't a really good thing in these parts

First flushes of wild ones appear to be happening now, just probably need a little more intense humidity and rain at night and we should see plenty.

post-4860-1259288383_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1259288426_thumb.jpg

IMG_2406.JPG

IMG_2407.JPG

IMG_2406.JPG

IMG_2407.JPG

has anyone seen any signs of cubes yet up in north Queensland? for mycology purposes ofcourse