The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
The Jamanoid

Naga Jolokia (aka ghost chillis)

Hey there.

Haven't been able to find these at any local nurseries...I've got some habanero growing but I'd like to try "the worst"...get a whole chilli garden of varying heat going too.

I'm after either the plants or seeds, and thought someone within Oz might have 'em.

Hey there.

Haven't been able to find these at any local nurseries...I've got some habanero growing but I'd like to try "the worst"...get a whole chilli garden of varying heat going too.

I'm after either the plants or seeds, and thought someone within Oz might have 'em.

Too easy mate. Have a heap of Jolokia fruiting at the moment , and will have a few Dorsets too. P.M me in in another month or so and ill b able to help you.

Suh-weet!

So, you've tried 'em yeah?

I mean I'm the only one of my peeps that really indulges in the habanero, but I've even got "kinda" (I don't think completely is a possibility) used to those...looking for the chilli that can make a bitch of me.

That and, I love to add small amounts to cooking, every chilli having a bit of a different flavour and all.

So, the schoville rating has these guys at, what about 3 and a bit X a habanero?

I actually find it hard to even imagine that...so, how are they?

Do you use them much or just for cruel pranks? haha

...and, uh dorsets? :huh:

Thanks, I'll def follow up with you.

- B

Man in a word " Fot " , I thought i had built up a bit of tolerance to Chill, Hab's and the like etc. But these fuckers take you by surprise. I cut one up into a bowl of Spag bog and after the first couple of mouthfuls i was wondering what all the fuss was about. Thats where the fun began, These fuckers are creepers man, by the time i got 3/4 the way through the dish the nasty littlle shits were just kickin in.....and by fuckin god they kicked !! Imagine Eatin habanero and waiting for its peak heat...and then having that heat sealed in by hot wax so it couldnt escape , so it could continue to burn and manifest extreme nerve stimulation to your mouth and throat. And it doesnt stop there, the following day i had to go through the whole experience again but out my poor ass.

So yeh man, they are pretty damn trying. ;)

If you have any extra I'd love some seed, too :)

I have a heap of fresh Orange Habanero seed if anyone wants to trade PM me.

Guess they want something more enviro friendly than tear gas maybe?

Considering how hot it is just to rub a little bit of red birdseye chilli on your skin, let alone a habanero, I'd hate to think of what the mist of something even hotter would do, like, allover you, ha.

So whats a dorset?

Guess they want something more enviro friendly than tear gas maybe?

Considering how hot it is just to rub a little bit of red birdseye chilli on your skin, let alone a habanero, I'd hate to think of what the mist of something even hotter would do, like, allover you, ha.

So whats a dorset?

The "Dorset" Naga is a Jolokia strain that has been bred in Dorset, England. It has been confirmed as the hottest.

Check out this Aussie dude giving it a taste test,

Oh, cool - well I tell ya what, that sounds pretty much like what I'm after.

Looking at getting a whole range from super-mild (like the purples and bananas) to the different types of nagas, and habaneros. Interested in whatever really, just lemme know when's good and we'll work that out.

- B.

All cool, but like i said they are only just flowering,fruiting now. So it will be another month or so. If your after some now to catch the grow season try these folks.. Wildfire chilli

They dont sell the Dorset cause they wouldnt be allowed, but they have everything else.

Edited by Mr B.caapi

THat aussie dude doing the chilli test also has a website where he sells heaps of hot chillis. www.thehippyseedcompany.com

He has the dorset naga and also the bhut jolokia. The bhut jolokia hold the guinness world record for hottest chilli with a whopping 1,001,304 Scoville Heat Units. They have another one there called the Bih Jolokia which was tested by HPLC and apparently scored 1,041,427 SHU!!! I'm going to order from them as i love chillis and i can't fathom how the worst heat i have ever had could get any hotter! Can't wait :)

I recommend buying from Neil (Hippy seed company) I have bought seeds a few times and all have been viable and produce healthy strong plants with heaps of fruit. The Nagas can be a bit of a pain to germinate but once growing are pretty easy to deal with. Very good customer service too, highly recommended.

THat aussie dude doing the chilli test also has a website where he sells heaps of hot chillis. www.thehippyseedcompany.com

He has the dorset naga and also the bhut jolokia. The bhut jolokia hold the guinness world record for hottest chilli with a whopping 1,001,304 Scoville Heat Units. They have another one there called the Bih Jolokia which was tested by HPLC and apparently scored 1,041,427 SHU!!! I'm going to order from them as i love chillis and i can't fathom how the worst heat i have ever had could get any hotter! Can't wait :)

Neil from THSC reckon the Trinidad Scorpians are even hotter!

If you have some spare :wink: I would also like to try these, I can offer Thai black in trade, I think they are hot - I use them in Korean bulgolgi so where on the scale do they sit?

Edited by dworx