Torsten

2CB-Fly warning. Fatalities!

This is a special notice for all those who receive Erowid Monthly

announcements.

2C-B-Fly Warning

-----------------

Tainted or mislabeled 2C-B-Fly may have contributed to more

than one death in early October 2009. One death in Denmark was

reportedly related to a batch labeled "b1" on the packaging.

A second death and additional hospitalizations have been reported

but not yet confirmed.

Because of the immediate nature of this issue, please be sure to

pass this message to anyone who may come into contact with 2C-B-Fly.

For more information, or to report additional hospitalizations,

incidents, or deaths related to 2C-B-Fly, visit:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cb_fly/2cb_fly_death1.shtml

Be careful,

The Erowid Crew

There is also a very good thread about this over at the Nook for those who are members..well worth reading IMO.

The denmark death was unfortunately the rc supplierwho was probably sold the drug under the name 2c-b-fly when it was infact bromo-dragonfly. There's been lots of hospitalisations and a few deaths in the US from it.

Man thats opening a can of worms...

Couldn't the vendor be charged with manslaughter or something because they mislabeled the product resulting in death?

Edit: Also read some people taking 10mg, 18mg etc... I bet they did not have a good ride out... It probably was an absolutely terrible time.

I mean a solid hit of LSD will make you think your going to die, imaginge that headspace while you ARE dying... Very sad indeed. And the people who take these RC's are usually quite well educated on what they are doing. Very sad its the label that fucked them over :(

Edited by C_T

The denmark death was unfortunately the rc supplierwho was probably sold the drug under the name 2c-b-fly when it was infact bromo-dragonfly. There's been lots of hospitalisations and a few deaths in the US from it.

I've seen no evidence that the chemical (or impurity) has been discovered yet. If you have some (evidence), I'd be interested in seeing it :)

The vendor was the one who died in denmark. It seems to be a case of it being intentionally misrepresented to him or something being lost in translation which could easily happen as chemistry is very hard to translate. Someone had it privately analysed as far as I know but if you look on drugs-forum or one of the other popular similar forums you should be able to find more info on it.

it was bromo-dragonfly not 2c-b-fly, its a 3c.

From reading the threads abroad, very very touching events, i mean probably most of us know someone who's tried a RC, and they would have taken more than 5mg as a tester, which is considered a low tester and safe... with bromo-dfly this is lethal :/

The china source fucked it up, if this doesn't get out to those who purchased 2c-b-fly thinking they got what they ordered, there will be alot more dead people :(

ps. If it was tainted, it wouldn't be active, some people on the web are so stupid... they mixed up the molecule.

Edited by C_T

ps. If it was tainted, it wouldn't be active, some people on the web are so stupid... they mixed up the molecule.

huh? :huh:

Yep, bromo-dragonfly.

2cb_fly_energy_control_tlc__i2009e0972_disp.jpg

Perhaps an extra step of caution for those who buy RCs should be when they get a new bottle of something dose like its the most powerful RC known to man, and if that proves to be a dud then take what would be a very low dose of what the compound is supposed to be. Most people wouldnt want to bother but it would have helped some ^