The Corroboree
robb387

ID Please

Question

post-6619-1255017284_thumb.jpgHey every1, first of all I wanna say I love this entire forum and everyone involved, its like a shiny beacon in the darkness :wub: K, So my bf went fora day trip to Toowoomba (Qld) and found this at Bunnings, labled as 'tall cactus' and wifa $60 pricetag he figured it might be un poco San Pedro. From searchin the other posts (which whilst enjoyable took for #$C%'N ever on my mobile-phone with stond-age internet speeds....poor me :P ) I've pretty much gathered it aint that, but I'm hoping it's some kinda mescalin containing cactus, cause whilst I do love and appreciate all cacti/flora even the non entheogenic plants, IM 22 AND I WANNA GET HIGH! So if anyone has any idea what sort it is, and it turns out not2B alkaloid bearing, im COMPLETELY open 2 swapping for some pedro, or anything else you might recomend.

Thanks Heaps guys, hava good one.

post-6619-1255017284_thumb.jpg

post-6619-1255017284_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

It's a cereus of some sort.

Please have a bit more of a look through the forums before you post again. Saying that you want a mescaline containing cactus so you can get is not the way things are approached around here. Completely understandable that a new member could make that mistake, but now you've been informed so your next post will be more appropriate. :)

Looks like a Euphorbia to me. I good way to prove this is to break the skin with a pin or knife. If it bleeds white sap, you know it's a Euphorbia.

Tip: Most species of Euphorbia are poisonous and some extremely toxic. Take care when working with them.

heaps of sexy tricho are getting sold in the trade/sell forum.

Ones i like the look of are trichocereus bridgessi and peruvianus

G'day all, and thanx alot for helpin me out... I'm sorry to anyone who took offence from my suggestion that I was lookin to get high, it was 40% true n 100% tongue-in-cheek...it bleeds white sap, so im guessin its euphorbia.....or sumthin. Cheers everyone

No offence caused. Just need to be a little mindful. Older members tend to get away with a little more of the 'tongue in cheek', but it looks bad in your third post.

Yes looks like Kanje was right. Sorry about the wrong ID. The photo wasn't exactly ideal for IDing though.

be really careful of that white sap!!!! it's highly corrosive & can cause blindness if it gets in your eyes! & severe burns on your skin! & will kill you if you eat it!

be really careful of that white sap!!!! it's highly corrosive & can cause blindness if it gets in your eyes! & severe burns on your skin! & will kill you if you eat it!

my uncle use to collect cacti & i had a very large Euphorbia as a kid & got some of the sap in my eye , it was the worst pain i remember encountering back then & a fractured kneecap dosnt even compare

Edited by mac

Hehe, a person I know was propagating a whole lot and went to take a piss afterwards. Burning lasted days apparently.

Thanks again everyone, I really do appreciate your help, and i'll definitely be more respectful in future posts :) Sorry2 bout the tiny pic, I only hav me fone2 access the net on, and uploading is patheticaly slow :( Thanks again, again ;)

Here are 2 of the images.. I color corrected them and evened out the lighting as well.