The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teotzlcoatl

The Corroboree

hahaha nicely put :)

I was in the Outer Banks.... but I'm back now!

Happy Halloween Kangaroo people!

NASCAR does take skill, skill of an entire team, from the pit-crew to the diver.

It is really boring tho, I'll watch it, but only the first lap and the last 3 :)

yeah it does, think of going 360km/h inches away from a wall and cars all around staying perfectly in your spot cus if you moved over just a fraction not only could it be the end of your life could possible be the end of others.

but yeah a boring sport

What kind of sports do y'all have in Oz that are popular that we don't have in the U.S.?

Cricket? Soccer(football)?

Boomerang?

You would think the Olympics would have Hammer,Shotput,Discus,Javelin and Boomerang.

I say Olympics,i don't mean Paralympics or Winter Olympics.

What kind of sports do y'all have in Oz that are popular that we don't have in the U.S.?

bathtub racing, Rugby, camel racing and picnic horse racing.

Sport

Tie me Kangaroo down Sport

Up Qld way there is Cane toad races

Streaking @ sporting events if a favorite

Yo Teotz, Do y'all really talk like that over there? All the y'alls and all? Like, for real?

Y'all is a very common word used in Texas, I have never heard anyone say it outside of Texas unless they where taking the piss or something. So I just assume that Teotz is just trying to be funny and catch our attention with a colloquial Texan saying, from my understanding Teotz does not live in the south of Texas or any other part of the state, I may be wrong but I always thought he was somewhere closer to Florida.

typical australian sports, beer bong and bucket bong marathons.

"Y'all" meaning "You all" is very common in all parts of the Southern U.S. not just Texas, and yes I really do talk like that.

I like it alot better than "yous guys" (yeah "you" with a "s" on the end) which is common in the North.

Now if y'all wanna make fun of the way I talk... well... don't even get me started on all the weird shit Y'ALL say! Ya wanker!

I'm in Carolina for those of y'all who don't know.

Y'all got any other strange Aussie words I don't know about?

I wonderful where y'all came from.... and why Americans don't say "mate" and "wanker" (Oh ya cause we hate the British and y'all are their bitches, so y'all wanna sound like them, I guess)

Hey here is one!

taking the piss or something

Now "taking a piss" in the U.S. means well... that your urinating, now in Oz it means "making fun of something" right?

the australians have a unique sport called aussie rules.which is a kind of variation on rugby .but consists of beating each other up too.

here in nz we have the gumboot and cowpat toss.

the australians have a unique sport called aussie rules.which is a kind of variation on rugby .but consists of beating each other up too.

here in nz we have the gumboot and cowpat toss.

and wheel barrow races with sheep?

teoz

btw its not taking a piss, its take the piss.

New forum style took me back to the first page of this thread.

I had no idea I rocked.

Teotz, in Oz you're either a yob, or you're a wanker..

in

Teotz, in Oz you're either a yob, or you're a wanker..

Dont forget us bogan's

I did not know about the Bogan.

They must be poorly represented in Government as even references in song are censored.

Here in 'And the band Played Waltzing Matilda' is the original version.

'When I was a young man I carried my pack

And I lived the free life of the Bogan'

It's a song that purposfully merges British and Australian accomplishments at Gallipolli.

I work buddy tells me no more Visa will be issued to Poms,but his is still okay.

So for us Poms it's,'No more waltzing Matilda for me.'

Second from last line,'And their ghosts may be heard as you pass by that Billabong.',Australia's founders are the British,the Bogan.

However the last lines indicates a question,'Who'll come-a-waltzing Matilda with me?'

I suspect the Bogan will be waltzing with the Aborigine.

That concludes my thoughts on Poms,Bogans,Aboriginals and new comers. [this line has been edited by admin. t]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man y'all just taught me a slew (a bunch) of new words!

Of course in the South people also say "ain't"...

I have no idea what some of those sports are... I'd like to visit the land of Kangaroos one day... who's gonna let me stay at their house? :)

That concludes my thoughts on Poms,Bogans,Abo's and new comers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you might want to check your abbreviations as you have just become incredibly racist and inappropriate. I presume you don't know any better which is why I'll give you a few hours to fix it before adding a warn point if not done. Ignorance is no excuse though and you shouldn't use words you do not understand the meaning of.

you might want to check your abbreviations as you have just become incredibly racist and inappropriate. I presume you don't know any better which is why I'll give you a few hours to fix it before adding a warn point if not done. Ignorance is no excuse though and you shouldn't use words you do not understand the meaning of.

Ya I don't really know what those words mean... I'm glad you said something because I might have started using those words!

Abo's is completely inappropriate..it's no different to called an African American a Ni*#@r.

Poms is something the English are called, we don't take offense at it, in fact the pommies have been called a lot of things but our skin is so think and unwashed all the words just slide right on off..whats the old saying..."where does a pommie hide his money..? under the soap...!!!

or why do English birds fly upside down..?

cause the pommies are not worth shitting on..!

There really aren't any expletives that offend the Caucasian majorities, What is funny is that people actually think whites are the majority, but I actually wonder if that really is the case, I would have thought that Asians are the majority currently in the worlds population count. it's a very interesting observation actually.

Teo you are really using y'all a lot lately, have you ever had a deep fried Texas turkey for xmas..?

did you know in Houston near where my family live there is actually a store called Y'ALL..it's hilarious, it's a chain store actually selling Texas tourist crap, it's full to the brim of Texas cups, flags, spoons, tea towels etc etc...every single item is made in China..seriously I checked all the stickers in there many times...what a riot.