The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

I think ive lost my mojo

ive been getting over hepatitis and a few other shitty health complains - nothing serious but not much fun. Lately ive just felt tired all the time and just a little listless I guess you'd say... I wouldnt say ive been depressed, more that ive just felt a little 'uninspired' and achy.

Any one got any ideas of a pep me up??

how about a holiday?

personally, i'd go skiing, snorkeling or fishing.

Exercise and more natural sunlight. Spend more time out doors in natural light. Both increasing exercise and increased sunlight help to increase serotonin.

Failing that, an eight-ball of charlie and an afternoon at the brothel could certainly fix your mood. :devil:

when i was diagnosed with hep a friend gave me some yansen ,japanese dandelion root ext.

used other herbs as well,mainly orris root as a tea and did liver flush a few times.

medico said i was a miracle cure and [to me it seemed]i was treated with deliberate rudeness to get rid of me!no inquiry as to what treatment i had used!

they appear to have their own agenda....dont get involved with interferon imho!

t s t .

Exercise and more natural sunlight.

Yeah. Make it fun exercise though, not so it's a chore.

Bike rides or walks in the country, surfing or swimming in the sea.

The problem with mojo is when its lost its hard to recover.

Maybe korrean ginsing but not before bed but morning.

And vitamin D is best from sunlight and may not be absorbed properly as a synthetic.

The problem with mojo is when its lost its hard to recover.

Maybe korrean ginsing but not before bed but morning.

And vitamin D is best from sunlight and may not be absorbed properly as a synthetic.

Most defnitely agree with the ginseng, theres these packs i get from the asian supermarket, 12 crumbly blocks of ginseng extract with lychee and honey that you dissolve in hot water for $2, tastes a bit sweet but put in a bag or two of green tea and it tastes perfect. highly recommended.

Unless your already a big person try a few serves of protein powder every day and lots of pasta risotto etc, ive never felt so good, combined with exercise of course. good luck!

Ginseng might be the go - ive been trying this stuff called 'horse tonic' which is some chinese herbs cooked with a kilo of pork - its kinda good.

thankfully my hepatitis was the infectious kind - so interferon is out of my league, but the recovery is taking a long time and setting off a lot of small problems I have into much larger ones for the time being.

Failing that, an eight-ball of charlie and an afternoon at the brothel could certainly fix your mood

Excellent idea...

errr tribulus? Do you define Mojo as your sex drive or the smooth verbal interactions with the other sexthat dont come off as sleezy..

Get on the tribulus, it does wonders. If you have a local herbal store in your area (I have one that i frequent) they should stock tribulus extract. $20 for a months supply at the herbal store compared to $90 for the tablet supplement extract is a bargin!

Gardening and play more guitar

Does the OP even play guitar for pleasure ? He didn't ask 'what do you do' ?

But eh Zen Ped, on the musical sense, why not start trying out some new, unchartered sounds ? Make a song for rock fans !

And as my answer is for just about any depressed/anxious/shitty feelings, try some snuffed sceletium ! Yea, that's my answer for everything. PM me if you want some, dude. No strings attached.

Ok maybe one string attached. I'll send you a track and you can fuck with it.

keep it simple, toast with vegemite a glass of orange juice a cup of tea or coffee to wash this down...pop a few multivitamin caps and fizz up a glass of berocca to go.

i certainly lack a lot of motivation in the mornings and dont really get happening until late arvo, not sure if thats just my normal cycle or it comes down to consuming beer at night after dinner, certainly the beer does help me wind down and induce easy sleep so wont give that up in a hurry. some oldies iknow swear by porridge so each to their own.

unfortunately coffee is the best way to get going i thing, i dislike the stuff but it works well....other than that a redbull and OJ mixed together is double tops.

sounds like a good way to develop gerd...or GORD as it's called here, it seems... :rolleyes:

Any one got any ideas of a pep me up??

Start your day with conscious deep breathing. In through the nose, expanding the diaphragm, count to 4, hold for 7, exhale for 8 out the mouth, compressing diaphragm. This is a very energising breath and a great way to start the day. The counts do not have to be exact, it is the technique that is important.

If you start your day this way, listen to your intuition as for what to do next. It will usually revolve around thoughts like 'Eww this fatty, salty, sugary food is shit for me, give me some nutrition' or 'C'mon lardarse let's get this body moving like the machine it is meant to be' (those are a couple that mine likes to say to me, yours may be different but along the same lines).

Fill your day with 'good' things, i.e. healthy practises that you enjoy and the 'bad' things, i.e. unhealthy practises that your body doesn't enjoy, will vanish in their own good time.

Lastly, follow your dreams, whatever they may be. A cause of unhappiness for many is following other people's dreams rather than their own.

Does the OP even play guitar for pleasure ? He didn't ask 'what do you do' ?

Yes he plays guitar...' Play' usually equates to pleasure

Yeah ive been making some music today actually.

its early days but its called Lakehouse at www.myspace.com/bubblekatt

But i went and mega doses on Omega 3 and it made me feel much more relaxed strangely. Sceletium - good idea!!

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

Hey Greeny, sorry to hear. What helped me to overcome my crisis was a good diet, going out on a regular basis, meeting friends, working and all the stuff that belongs to a normal social life. Im sure you´ll get over it! The Question is what you do with your time untill then. I would stay away from some particular drugs till your feeling better again. They mess up the chemical balance of your brain. And if you dont feel well, you may already have a disbalance that can even get worse. Some other drugs may even help but you should try that yourself. I like Coffee and going to cofeehouses. You meet cool people and girls there. Girls are my personal source of inspiration when im sick of it all. Might be worth a try to meet some chicks. take care! bye Eg

If the infection is gone, panax ginseng, may bring back your mojo within an hour of dosing.

You can get your local western herbalist to sell you 50ml of panax ginseng (the 1:2 from Mediherb is the best I have tried).

2mL is the normal daily dose but I would usually take 5mL or more.

I found relief from a situation similar to yours, by taking about 6mL of panax 1:2. I felt so much better when it kicked in. Just take it in the morning. If it’s a good ginseng extract (the Mediherd 1:2 cost about $130 for 500mL wholesale) you can use it to increase stamina when partying with euphoric sedatives.

Most western herbalists seem to agree that ginseng should not be used during the acute stages of an infection. It’s used in recovery. I have found it to be a godsend when combating debility post illness.

edit

I forgot.

About 180mg of silymarin (get standardised St Marys Thistle tabs) twice daily will speed up the recovery of liver cells and protect them from further damage.

Edited by Sonny Jim

I would suggest you visit with both a Naturopath and a massage therapist but make sure you do your homework on them first because very good practitioners of either can be hard to find but are worth every bit of the effort.

I think colostrum is good to help the body heal itself, all that extra IgG.

Rhodiola Rosea is the best adaptogenic pick-me-up I've tried. Makes me a little more aggressive, but that can be useful at times.

I usually have it with some acetyl carnitine for a real kick.

Gees guys there was some awesome advice on this thread!

the Panax Ginseng i was super sensitive to - I took an unmeasured amount and it was awesome - great positive vibe for hours, weakness and all that gone, and then maybe about 6 hours later I felt super jittery and slightly overstimulated. it wasnt an overly bad feeling but the shakes might have been a little odd if I was working at the time. So maybe a lower dose will be better.

I also tried the Rhodiola - good stuff!! so far. Good pick me up without an edge of any kind.