The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Foton

DJ Foton - Weight of the Pyramids Mix of GoaTrance

Nice man, i dont really like dark psychtrance but this is just so mellow, it really flows through the body nicely.

Great job man, keep it up !

Downloaded, shall enjoy at a later date :)

Thanks!

Heya Shadow, thanks so much! With this music im really trying to find a balance... somewhere between 2 extremes. at one end I see anthem trance stuff, and at the other dark trance. Really tried to have some depth beyond just positive vibes.

In response to xodarap from http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry231466 ...

Yes mostly is 90s tunes... from the so called golden era. Really only got into the music recently, but the older tunes are great.

He he, feel I gotta say something for the sloppy mixing. Yeah there are a few rough bits. I had an idea and set off to fulfill it. I just hit record with no planning. There is something to be said of recording a live mix... complete with mistakes and all. Hopefully will improve with time. Also my cd players are shit ;P The track selection and flow is far from perfect as well... but its a snap shot of one particular unique moment. I have tried to mix with carefully selecting tracks in advance, but I really prefer this freestyle thing, much more fun. (I can always compare my beat matching to goa gil... hehehe)

In response to xodarap from http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry231466 ...

Yes mostly is 90s tunes... from the so called golden era. Really only got into the music recently, but the older tunes are great.

He he, feel I gotta say something for the sloppy mixing. Yeah there are a few rough bits. I had an idea and set off to fulfill it. I just hit record with no planning. There is something to be said of recording a live mix... complete with mistakes and all. Hopefully will improve with time. Also my cd players are shit ;P The track selection and flow is far from perfect as well... but its a snap shot of one particular unique moment. I have tried to mix with carefully selecting tracks in advance, but I really prefer this freestyle thing, much more fun. (I can always compare my beat matching to goa gil... hehehe)

yeah the 90's were certainly the golden era of psytrance for me. when i first got into it when i was about 15. that really oldschool sounding goa trance was the first kind of stuff i ever heard & pretty much marked the start of some profound experiences & changes in the direction of my life, so there's a real nostalgic connection for me.

lol at goa gil

don't worry i understand about your recording setup & all, just thought it wouldn't hurt to comment. in the interests motivating you of course :)

good luck with the gig man it's a really satisfying thing to do

Downloading now, on a slow connection (reallocated high bandwith starts again tomorrow).

But can I pose a question for discussion. I 'assume' it's going to be a mix of songs from other artists, and that you didn't create any of the music yourself per-se, but wedged them together to create a seamless sonic journey.....

How much of your own feeling can you put into a compilation... and do you use any musical instruments to accent the transitions ? Do you think about the key that the songs are in, or just nudge the slides to alter BPM? Do you alter the pitch to suit the journey ? Do you shift the top end peaks, and drive the low bass rumbles, adding effects like reverb, delay, flange etc....

Not taking the piss at all, in fact I'm very interested. Have done a few 25 minute comps in the past (dodgy, and now deleted) with soundforge & acidpro, but don't know enough about it to truly slice & dice.

Personally, I am getting into doing stuff from scratch, mostly with a keyboard controller & Reason 4.0. It would be awesome for a mix-meister to take them all (ie my longwinded creations) and work out some sort of groove. Simply because I cant get out of the looooooong movements.

Sitting somewhere between Shpongle & Tool (but without the 'heavy')

Yikes ! i just re-read my post, and it sounds like im being a bitch.

That wasn't the intention.

man you must be loco! (just kidding) Yeah its a mix of of other peoples music. It was done with 2 cd players and a mixer. How much feeling can one put into such a thing? how arty is djing? I compare it too visual collage, your limited to piecing together other peoples components, but an element of creativity exists in juxtapositions. No effects were used, but eq was used a bit to help fade tracks together.

Keep all your creative efforts man! even if you think they are shit, you never know what bits may be useful for future compositions.

Not sure if the mix lives up to my initial ideas... A work in progress for sure... sort of pointing towards the devine and sacred geometry. Kicked my self after for not including more Egyptian sounds. And the pyramids... why where a million stones placed into huge pyramid?

Id been hearing Neil Kramer's thoughts on the stone circles and structures in england. He has a blog at http://thecleaver.blogspot.com/

He suggests that these structures could be devices for storing information...

So the pyramids... may have something to do with the transmission of energy. There huge stone structures were indeed built to last aswell.

So its art to sort of explore some of there issues and idea too. Different producers have explored similar areas too. One track is The Muses Rapt - Ancient Sound of the Gods... and a bit after Astral Projection - life on mars (from memory)... Forgot to do a track list.