The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
TheDudeAbides

old mushies

Hey everyone i have some old subs that i have kept in my draw in a zip lock bag. they are dried out but not to the extent of crisp biscuit dryness. they dont smell like feet and look alright. does anyone know if these would still be edible ? i dont expect to get a reply anytime soon as this forum is dead lately!!! im guessing it because the change of seasons.

*cough-don't-incriminate-yourself-cough*

The literature suggests there may be a risk of mould due to the not-quite-crisp dryness, and/or loss of potency due to long-term storage (I think 6 months is the recommended maximum under ideal conditions). But I suppose if they look alright and smell alright we can be somewhat justified in assuming they'll taste alright, too.

Might wanna think about making a tea just in case, though. I hear adding vitamin C helps prevent oxidisation of what's left of the indoles.

yeah they should be fine as long as they're not mouldy, maybe a little loss in potency.

*cough-don't-incriminate-yourself-cough*

The literature suggests there may be a risk of mould due to the not-quite-crisp dryness, and/or loss of potency due to long-term storage (I think 6 months is the recommended maximum under ideal conditions). But I suppose if they look alright and smell alright we can be somewhat justified in assuming they'll taste alright, too.

Might wanna think about making a tea just in case, though. I hear adding vitamin C helps prevent oxidisation of what's left of the indoles.

ideal conditions are a vacum sealed jar filled with argon gas to prevent oxidation. testing shows they

will last many, many years!!!!!

cough, i eat shrooms, arrest me piggies, fuck you

there is a theory that vit c will return to about fresh potency by breaking oxidative bonding which has merely rendered actives inactive.....

t s t .