The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

Lagochilus Inebrians!!!

Im quite interested in this plant - anyone tried/know where one might obtain seedlings/cuttings/etc of the above??

Any experiences?? Thanks

I dont think anyone has it yet and it may be hard to source correctly as ther are something like 40 species of lagochilus in Central asia

[ 16. May 2004, 18:07: Message edited by: reville ]

rev your oyster pics were awesome mate - how did you fruit those?

[ 16. May 2004, 15:50: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Omchi herbs now has Lagochilus inebriens---the real thing-(see my pyro lago thread)-but unfortunately we have to ask $50.00 USD per oz due to our high costs.

It is not yet on our website, but you can still order it on our secure order form or send us an email at [email protected].

We are attempting to source several of the Lagochilus species from China and this will bring the prices down considerably if we are successful.

[ 16. May 2004, 03:13: Message edited by: friendly ]

Check with this company "Botanic Art" they might be able to provide.

EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE - ARE YOU A LOCAL AUSSIE SITE OR BASED ELSEWHERE? dO YOU FOR SEE ANY PROBLEMS WITH CUSTOM IMPORTS OF THIS PLANT?

Omchi is in the USA. Botanic Art is in the Netherlands.

Our prices are essentially the same.

I see no problems with customs intercepting this plant; there are no seeds in the mix to arouse their ire and it is unscheduled by the western world.

[ 17. May 2004, 02:53: Message edited by: friendly ]

All Lagochilus species tested thus far have contained Lagochilin in amounts from over 1.0% to over 2.0 percent.

I do believe that Lagochilin is ubiquitous throughout the genus; further examination of as-yet untested Chinese species will prove or disprove this assumption.

t st tantra has posted a published research paper on extraction of Lagochilin on this site somewhere in which it mentions three or four species which were examined and all contained Lagochilin.

great - im keen as mustard. Ill send you a pm

what r the effects?

aaron

respectfully: utfse

it's only been a few days since it was posted.

[ 19. May 2004, 01:34: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Last evening I shared a pot of tea with 4 of my students. We used 3.5g of herbal material and 350ml of distilled water per person.

The herb was not toasted beforehand as is traditionally done in Asia.

Dosing was in 100ml increments spaced 30 minutes apart.

20 minutes after the first dose, one student stated he felt as though he had just smoked a joint. Several others mentioned it was 'nice' but were not more specific.

The second 100ml dose was very noticable and no more was conumed by anyone. Everyone agreed it was very pleasant and worth repeating.

After leaving the meeting and returning home, I noticed the effect becoming detectably stronger, which then lasted for perhaps two hours.

I still would have to compare it with MJ, although larger doses may alter that.

I like it very much and plan on beginning an extract within the next day or so.

I would like to get to the hallucinatory state with this, just to see what it is like.

Applied Entheobotany. At our office/lab. Privately, to a hand-picked group of individuals, mostly M.D.'s and chemists, but a few of their own students sent to me by other herbalists who do not teach Entheobotany and whom have expressed a sincere interest in the subject to their mentors.

I also lecture at various venues, the next currently scheduled one being the Telluride Mushroom Festival in Telluride, Colorado in August and I lecture monthly here in Eugene at a local kava bar/entheo hangout.

Torsten:

respectfully: utfse

it's only been a few days since it was posted.

yeah i was being lazy:-)

Yesterday I consumed the remaining 300ml of L. inebriens tea in one sitting after allowing the herb to steep in the water overnight.

The first sip was so bitter it reminded me of lopo tea.

I added 355ml of lemon/lime soda to the 300ml of tea and it made the taste more tolerable.

I then rapidly consumed the whole amount.

Within 20 minutes I noticed a change.

30 minutes after drinking it I fell asleep and was roused by the phone an hour later.

I then went about my normal afternoon, although it seemed I was sluggish and somewhat lethargic as though I had smoked cannabis earlier.

I missed the overt psychic symptoms by falling asleep--it was sedating, as advertised--but will try to stay awake next time.

The whole rest of the day was spent in a lethargic state and today I feel somewhat ragged out, despite a hearty dinner and a good night's sleep.

I think I prefer pryolization; it takes much less, the effects are stronger and it's easier to titrate.

However, more work needs to be done with both modes of ingestion before any definitive conclusions can be derived.

So many herbs; so little time.

so no negatives other than drowsiness?

torsten,

i used the utfse and it must be f****d,

because the f*****g thing did f**k @ all!

i'll be f****d, i want that f****g lago seed sooo f*****g much.

:(:(

Drowsiness, body load and a ragged out feeling the next day that lasted all morning.

Still, I think I haven't gotten anywhere near to the bottom of this thing.

I may be coming at it from entirely the wrong direction.

Next time, I'm going to toast the material beforehand, as is done traditionally when making tea. I'm sure there's a good reason for it.

Plants of the Gods mentions using honey too sweeten the very bitter tea. This implies very strong tea as it did not get very bitter until I let it steep overnight, and then it put me to sleep. Maybe several cups or very strong tea is required. I do not yet have the answers.

Toasting might somehow play into why it seems much stronger when pyrolized, although that mode of ingestion is usually stronger, anyway.

I wish I had more time to devote to it, but my life is pretty full for the next few weeks.

My best bet is to try it first thing in the morning before I get too distracted and see how it shapes the day.

One way I can determine the effects of something is by observing the degree of difficulty it bestows on me when undertaking normal tasks.

Originally posted by planthelper:

torsten,

i used the utfse and it must be f****d,

because the f*****g thing did f**k @ all!

i'll be f****d, i want that f****g lago seed sooo f*****g much.

:(:(:(

I pointed to tfse for info on the effects of Lago which was psychoo's lazy question. I tried it myself to make sure the search works. Obviously tfse will not point you towards seed as there is none