Cacti:

Myrtillocactus geometrizans

Myrtillocactus geometrizans - grandlareolatus

L. diffusa - koehresii

L. Williamsii - Videcipiens

L. Williamsii - fricii

Trichocereus peruvianus - KK242

Delosperma bossranum

hey i have some mimosa hostilis the white flowering kind not the bullshit pink one and i was wandering if you would be up for trading some L. Williamsii - fricii L. Williamsii - Videcipiens pups for a nice big cutting

Sounds good landon.

Only got 2 L. Williamsii - fricii, so how about those 2 + 4 L. Williamsii - decipiens + 4 L. Williamsii?

Edited by blippblopp

sweet

Edited by landon

Sounds good landon.

Only got 2 L. Williamsii - fricii, so how about those 2 + 4 L. Williamsii - decipiens + 4 L. Williamsii?

your getting ripped off. Don't swap all that for some pretty coommon cutting!

i'm uncertain how successful you will be growing mimosa from cuttings....i would want a few cuttings of most plants to be certain of success!

legumes can be quite difficult esp if you dont know what conditions are needed,eg bottom heat,humidity,rooting hormones and/or seasonal timing.

t s t .

i'm uncertain how successful you will be growing mimosa from cuttings....i would want a few cuttings of most plants to be certain of success!

legumes can be quite difficult esp if you dont know what conditions are needed,eg bottom heat,humidity,rooting hormones and/or seasonal timing.

t s t .

Agreed. If your coughing up lophs then I'd be asking for a couple of ROOTED cuttings. No offense intended landon, its just that both parties should win in a trade.

hey i didnt say he had to send all that or anthing..... and i also sent him my email to talk about me sending him other plants he wants.. for all that so dont say that im ripping someone off it was a offer from him i just said that i had mimosa and wanted to trade for some willim. not that he had to send me all thoes cacti

Agreed. If your coughing up lophs then I'd be asking for a couple of ROOTED cuttings. No offense intended landon, its just that both parties should win in a trade.

well duh do you think a non rooted cut would even make it threw shiping from us to aus i dont

t s t .

lame if ya cant root a tree .a little hormones does the trick almost everytime and i put a cutting in just water for 4 days and now it is starting to root so i dont know what your talkin bout

well duh do you think a non rooted cut would even make it threw shiping from us to aus i dont

No I don't, a rooted one wouldn't either as customs would seize both. I don't know why you said US to AUS as blippblopp is in Sweden. Yes a cutting will travel that distance depending upon the type of plant and how well it is packed for the trip. I've herd of it done with new varieties of apples for example.

Propagation via cutting is nowhere near a simple as you make out. Some species such as mimosa and acacia simply don't take from cuttings that well or at all. Further more there a many many different hormones in a plant and each species can use different ratios to the next to acheive the same result.

Trial and error is the only path to success as far as propagation via cutting is concerned, sometimes you succeed first go, sometimes

you try over and over again. Sometimes its just not possible, like with ephedra for example.

Not having a go mate just trying to educate.

hey i didnt say he had to send all that or anthing..... and i also sent him my email to talk about me sending him other plants he wants.. for all that so dont say that im ripping someone off it was a offer from him i just said that i had mimosa and wanted to trade for some willim. not that he had to send me all thoes cacti

was this before or after you edited your post?

dude nevermind im not sending you any mimosa or salvia d . peace it out and hopefully you will find what your looking for thank your asshole frends that make me feel like i did somthing wrong maybee they will trade with you

Edited by landon

was this before or after you edited your post?

before and why do u care that i explain myself to you your a real asshole and doesnt even know whats goin on mark burnt plastic smells good in the morning lol fuck wit me

i would be very interested to hear how your mimosa cutting goes!

please keep us updated.

am very surprised it is rooting in water.....something for me to try on similar plants.

did you use any rooting hormone?

t s t .

i would be very interested to hear how your mimosa cutting goes!

please keep us updated.

am very surprised it is rooting in water.....something for me to try on similar plants.

did you use any rooting hormone?

t s t .

no

but i think im going to try some next time it has started to produce roots in just water ..i simply cut it at a 45 degree angle and put it in a mason jar.. ive been changing the water every three days or so ..in the past cupple days some of the leaves are dieing but it still is producing roots

i think that with rooting hormone i wont have the problem with drying leaves.... but all is well and ill probely be planting it in dirt soon

maybee try using a bubbler from a fish tank put it in your water it keeps the o2 high and use hormones it should root in a cupple weeks

i wonder if i take a 12 inch diamiter cutting off that tree maybee 5 feet long if it would do like any other tree and start growing roots and branch off that simply by laying it longways and burrying it half way.lol

thanx....i'll have to do some experiments too.maybe with mescal bean.....

would love to see a pic of that tree.....12 inch diameter!!!

t s t .

thanx....i'll have to do some experiments too.maybe with mescal bean.....

would love to see a pic of that tree.....12 inch diameter!!!

t s t .

yea il try to put some pix up my camra is kinda broken but il try to borow somones celly

its massive i think its like 30 years old ...the trunk is probely 3an a half feet in diamiter and its as tall as a 3 to 4 storie home verry pretty especialy when the leaves close at night

im begining to think that mimosa has thought..... it moves its leaves and it has nural chemicals in it .... ya know that we humans use triptimanes to have our thoughts .....well if a plant has some of the same triptamines that we use to think then is said plant thinking too..???

For me its both easy to find and sheap seeds..

Harder to find mimosa here in Swe.