The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
smogs

Flowering Sally D

i know a gnome in a far away land who knows of a place where this is happening and he was told that this is rare?

true? untrue?

should i loan him my camera?

My Sally put on quite a show last year and is looking like she is going to flower again. I think its rare to set seed.

Has anyone figured out how it is controlled, the flowering?

Is it climatic, soil/nutrient or photoperiod related?

(I wouldn't expect much of a photoperiod difference in Mexico since it is getting close to the equator)

Veronica, were "did" you have your Salvia positioned/planted, soil, feeding etc....

Near the house (lights) or far from it?

Anyopne one else which had a flowering Salvia divinorum should input.

Cheers,

photo period and it happens every year if the plants are large enough. They were beautiful.... I miss them.

Once Upon a time in a far away land Sally finally recovered from moving to her new home ,

It was looking grim there for a while over winter to adjust and fit in ,

appearing from a cutting and for close to two months she stayed stunted ,tips of leaves going brown and rest yellowing , living under an open verandah with roof cover and got filtered arvo sun ,

her twin sista cutting meantime in another distant land was growing up much faster and healthier .

So came crunch time shape up or ship out Sal so the Flower pot gnomes up graded her into a bigger size pot moved her 2 metres further out into the open world,

which got morning and tree cover filtered arvo sun ,

The soil brew was not the best ,rough as guts really , old soil from old abandoned plantless pots relocating the worms to make room and the remaining mix was a bit gluggy from the castings and not totally free draining but waste not want not and survival of the fittest are the rules of the gnome jungle and with tragic news of her twin all of a sudden perishing,

it was now all in the lap of the nature spirits

Well straight away she improved amazingly and rapidly she grew throwing out a second stem ,

looking wicked fluro green big leaves healthy got to roughly 30 inches plus and one stem started to change ,hail princess sal

FP gnome read somewhere that it was quite rare to start flowering but she did alright spurting big long beautiful purple flower bud lasting a good couple months. every day checking the flowers to collect when ready or fallen off and to amazement of all FP gnomes there were seeds too ,bingo ,

struth was this a freak of nature they all wondered , calls of wonder echoed back to her original source mother of sal and revealed something of biblical proportions that she herself had never flowered before, hark now the FP gnomes sang

By jingoes another unuasual event takes place at didjabringabudalong where events and plants challenge boxed rules regulations limits and boundries of the imposed belief system structure ,

and just to rub it in the princess decided to start flowering on her other stem as well ,

jackpot a wee ripper a miracle ..three wise gnomes came bearing gifts

Since then after flowering finished the original growth looks like maybe it is dying back they tried laying both branches down still attached to plant onto other pots hoping it might shoot some roots ,

Now she has three new stems which shot up from the base and are now bigger than the previous two ,long live the princess

The next chapter of this fairy gnome tale and that miracles do happen is to sprout baby sals from her seeds

And with Xmas approaching immaculate conception is in the air and also on santas wish list as well to increase the odds , gotta love a challenge aye

GROWING NOTES- == fed a little bit of really old broken down chook poo pellets , only drank rainwater, and a splash of diluted comfrey water brew,

Also the adoring FP gnomes talked lovingly to her and seranaded her playing didgeridoo with a backing orchestra of frogs , cicadas , crickets, organic frequency bush vibrations

the vibration stimulates the energy flow similar to that of an accupuncture principal , it works on those humans the didge so probable reality is it be good for plants too and this magic journey will lead to a new story ,amen

Edited by didgeman

sounds like she's pretty tuned into you didgeman. well done on collecting the seeds. now all you need to do is actually get them to germ. good luck to you on that one. i eagerly await a progress report. how many seeds did you end up with?

all the best.

didgemen, you are incriminating youreself and this is agains forum rules, you have to edit your post.

the cultivation of salvia divinorum is illegal in australia!!!

this is a stupid rule. is it really better to say my imaginary friend's dog was on holiday in zimbabwe? it's just silly. and everybody knows it is untrue, so isn't it just as incriminating?

Edited by frank

this is a stupid rule. is it really better to say my imaginary friend's dog was on holiday in zimbabwe? it's just silly. and everybody knows it is untrue, so isn't it just as incriminating?

One of my friends is a girl. Another is a guy. These two statements taken together do not mean I am a hermaphrodite

Some of us here really do have friends :P

On this site every single time I've ever referred to actions of one of my friends, be those actions legal or illegal, its been true! I have a hard time believing I'm the only honest person around so you dont really know!

didgemen, you are incriminating youreself and this is agains forum rules, you have to edit your post.

the cultivation of salvia divinorum is illegal in australia!!!

OK thanks for pulling me up mate , the edited truth is done , cant believe i conformed to reality ,

but will be rewarding in that it will stop my nose growing anymore and the pimples on my tongue as well ,

let the truth be known then , for the thousadenth millioneth time my compulsive lying fantasy plant world disorder has got out of control again ,

thank you for making me take a good look at myself and confront this issue finally ,

it will be empowering and character building for sure and makes me feel safe in a just world of freedom of speech in a demo crazy system,

old babylon has got nothing on this modern world of fear and doubt to keep the masses in control

that helps breed paranoia which keeps the pharmacautical in business ,

sad but true or was that another lie ,

crikey by jingoes

it's very simple, this forum is an incredible place of information, and risking the operation of this forum, just because of how one is wording his/her posts would be very stupid. there are sure a few uninlightend people out there, who see our work and interrests as something bad, please never give them any option to act in a manor which could harm this communety.

hey, didgmen, i used to live in eumundi and noosa for quite a while, thx for inspireing me to learn how to play the didge!

please never give them any option to act in a manor

yes, they should be restricted to regular sized houses!

i found those pic's on the net from a guy called sea mac, i'm sure he doesn't mind me posting them as they are truly inspiring, and are proof that hummingbirds are the natural pollinators.

post-70-1213996981_thumb.jpg

post-70-1213997002_thumb.jpg

post-70-1213997015_thumb.jpg

20070613eastsidegang.jpg

20071115hummingbirdcroppedhalf.jpg

20071128cropped.jpg

20070613eastsidegang.jpg

20071115hummingbirdcroppedhalf.jpg

20071128cropped.jpg

i found those pic's on the net from a guy called sea mac, i'm sure he doesn't mind me posting them as they are truly inspiring, and are proof that hummingbirds are the natural pollinators.

Ahhhhh....supuurrrb

now lets see the seeds! :D

Yeah he does supply seeds actualy & a few people are working on different strains from his seeds. He's at the shroomery & theres lotsa good info there. Even video of hummingbirds pollinating.

Ah those pics are everywhere! :BANGHEAD2: -the same ones that caused my rant a while back after reminding me of what I no longer have.