The Corroboree
blip

WTD: Super juicy fresh Psychotria Viridis Seed please?? :P

Edited by lsdreamz

Hey there lsdreamz,

Sorry I can't help you with the fresh berries but I did come across some info on the net that you may find helpful.

Seed Dormancies

I'd recommend getting a couple of healthy plants and undertaking your propogation project with cuttings as the seeds are very difficult to germinate. Once you have your stock plants you'll have all the time in the world to grow new strains from seed.

This is of course if you planning on propogating a workable crop of Chacruna anytime soon.

Goodluck

Edited by lsdreamz

The myth on virdis seeds being hard to germinate is a load of shit! I forgot about some seeds i had, found them 3 months later and thought ill give them ago anyway. And i am so glad i did this as i came home 6 weeks later to find 9 of the 12 i had germinated!! I did nothing special for them either, just added a teaspoon's worth of bleach to a cup of water, soaked the seeds for 20 minutes, gave them a quick rinse and then soaked them in a normal cup of water for 24 hours. then the next day i filled a tall take-away container with cheap coir mix, nuked it for close to 5 minutes in the microwave, took the lid off and let it cool off till it was warm and than buried them about half a centimetre deep, flat side down. I put the lid on tight, didnt make any holes in the lid and left them on a propagation mat. It's as simple as that!!! Domt be afraid to give it a go! The trick is to just let them be. Anyway i've kind've rambled on a bit here but hpofully someone will get something out of it :lol:

Edited by misteek

gday lsdreamz,

I can send you some fresh berries when I get back home in about two weeks... was a heap on the tree when I last looked, they have even self sown and germinated on the ground.

Edited by lsdreamz

a few people asked if I could put up a pic, so here it is!

seeds will be in the post monday lsdreamz!

post-372-1250721002_thumb.jpg

Edited by lsdreamz

fooken hell, thats awesome Coquero.

how long has it been in the ground?

about four years now i think, it was a leaf cutting i got from planthelper. i found these things love plenty of water... its on automatic retic and gets a little bit of water every day. some seedlings have popped up underneath, would have got some pics but phone camera doesn't take close ups very good