The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

knuthianus

Can anyone confirm that T. knuthianus is not self fertile.I expect that its not so I,m going to

have to remember what other cactus was flowering at the time.Seems i,ve got seeds for

either knuthianus x p.c. or knuthianus x peruvianus.

Anyone else ever get seeds from this particular cactus.

got any pics of it?

got any pics of it?

Pics of what?The cactus.Its what is being commonly called knuthianus in Aus.

at the moment.http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/uploads_gallery/1187334525/med_gallery_2376_3_54370.jpg

The link shows a photo from paradox that appears to be the same as my cactus.

Andrew, no doubt it is self-sterile.

While digging around I found this...

Ritter's 1960 catalog here regards Backeberg's "T. knuthianus" as a variety of T. cuzcoensis with "somewhat fewer spines than the type plant."

Any alkaloid analysis on the Australian plant? A plant which I would put in the "cuzcoensis" group for sure.

~Michael~

Edited by M S Smith

Pics of what?The cactus.Its what is being commonly called knuthianus in Aus.

at the moment.http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/uploads_gallery/1187334525/med_gallery_2376_3_54370.jpg

The link shows a photo from paradox that appears to be the same as my cactus.

No ! Pics of the bloke mowing the lawn !!, Of course hes talkin about the bloody cactus !! Sheesh lol !!

Andrew, no doubt it is self-sterile.

Thanks very much michael,I expected it probably was.I guess I should

just plant them and see what comes up.

No ! Pics of the bloke mowing the lawn !!, Of course hes talkin about the bloody cactus !! Sheesh lol !

Yeah that reply was almost as helpful as

got any pics of it?
:wink:

Perhaps you guys would like a couple of these seeds.PM me if you do.

Edited by Andrew

Andrew-

The pic at that link leaves a lot to be desired as far as offering up any clues on recognition or identification factors. Since it sounds like you obtained seeds from a specific plant, I was asking if you had any pics of it, specifically the plant that produced the seeds.

On the other hand, if you have any pics of a bikini babe mowing the lawn, feel free to post those as well. :P

I'd PM for some seeds, but I was recently gifted a T. knuthianus, or so it's labeled.

Andrew-

The pic at that link leaves a lot to be desired as far as offering up any clues on recognition or identification factors. Since it sounds like you obtained seeds from a specific plant, I was asking if you had any pics of it, specifically the plant that produced the seeds.

Sorry guys(zelly,b.caapi)life has been hammering me of late and I,ve been in some

strange moods.I assumed this cacti was well known like the p.c. and was surprised when

asked for pictures,obviously I was wrong.I,ll put the seeds in soon and see what comes up,

I,m pretty sure its crossed with the common p.c. pachanoi so I,m hoping it will produce something

nice to look at.

p.s.

I have a picture somewhere,I,ll try to find it,then work out how to post it here.

Any alkaloid analysis on the Australian plant? A plant which I would put in the "cuzcoensis" group for sure.

~Michael~

anyone,,,