The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

aboriginal bush-spirits

So now, for the second time, these curiously coloured (oranges/yellows/blacks) jigsaw-like entities that live in australian bush and "oversee" the area have revealed themselves to me. In this meeting they granted me "alliance" over a particular parcel of land that I have been visiting for about 30 years. They seem to live on the edge of the dreaming, "in between" rocks and plants in the bush. There was lots of nattering in what sounded like an aboriginal dialect and curious noises, sort of digeridoo-like.

Anyone have any guidance with these guys, like maybe how to further a relationship with them?

You are around perth aren't ya thel? I'd reckon it'd be well worth having a chat with the local clans, but not just anyone within it, need to find the specific if he/she actually exists.

I can't offer much advice, but personally i'd work around late afternoon into the early dark; I don't know much protocol or how to explain it, moreso a gradual formation of feeling and intuition over time that can be brought about through quiet reflection. I don't think it's essential, but plants that you work well with may help in small amounts.

I'd be interested in hearing an extended version of your experience if that's okay with you to share it. :) But maybe it's not something that needs or should be shared in depth to others or the public, so what I already know is sufficient, thanks. :)

But i think ultimately it would be the best to get in touch with the locals who know more about this than most of us would (but that's a bit presumptive, I don't know what most of us know nor what they know)

Edited by gerbil

i have had a couple of aboriginal spirit encounters... not like the one's you have described. only happens when i'm in the bush but has happened in different areas. particularly strong at waterfalls. among some of the most profound experiences i've been fortunate enough to have had... i too would be interested in hearing a more detailed account if you feel up for sharing.

Thel,... although I am not anywhere near Austrailia... I think I had one in a dream. I once had a dream in the period that I played digeridoo. Where I got a short look of an Aboriginal elder,...followed by a stream of different types of fish.

I do have a connection with the ocean. Love to be in and around it.

I think Thel...... just keep loving the place...... talk to the place (literally & mentally)...... use your bodylanguage in harmony with the place. Feel the place with your whole being.

Absorb the details. Put your mind it the shoes of people that might have lived there... what they did.... the hanging around,....chilling, prepare food ,play games, sleep, ritual dance, make fire.......

i am sure you will deepen your connection that way. perhaps maybe at your death you will be accepted into their world and follow them. true love knows no boundaries.

at 3rd falls at morialta i had a vision of an aboriginal fellow......there was a strong 'one eyedness' to him.......

the eucalypt colours,ochre colours,morphy cream,browns and black......get these as a connection sometimes .

t s t .

I think you'd best ask them.

Although iv noted that aboriginal spirits rarely seem to move on and as far as entities go- i'm preferring to be talking with some that are at least evolved enough to move on after physcial life is done with.

I did house clearings weekly for 2+ years, and 90% or more of all activity were aboriginal lost souls.

I'm more likely to open a column of light for them to pass through..

as they've only ever 'made deals' with me, which result in exchanging my own life force, mental stability of some other transaction. Or for instance, giving you that rush that you can talk to spirits and are somehow privy to secret knowledge or something..

when really you're just swapping energy with a lonely ghost.

spirits of the dreaming are another matter- havn't played much with them- (they seem to have very weird knowledge)

But I find them often in re-growth, especially by large rocks or as you say- 'at the edges of things'.

All that i've encountered either maintain their sense of mystery and distance, or worry me a bit as to their playful or mischevious natures. Perhaps externalized fragments of ancient group and tribal minds.. again, i'm not sure of the virtue of communicating with such things.

Whats your preferred method of trance, and system/model(s) of navigation?

Edited by G*P

thanks G*P, I think you get it.

Others, I'm pretty reluctant to divulge personally what lead up to the experience, for fear of self-incrimination. I would really like to however, and for that reason I'd be willing to talk via PM.

[Wandjina still hide themself!]

All these years, different method, and still a fuc*ing oblique secrecy. I hate it!

Edited by Thelema

Years ago camping in the bush in Vic I felt, then saw some kind of shadow figure in the tree tops around the campsite. It had a humoid form, looked like a shadow and it was kind of angular if you know what I mean. I couldn't make out any other details except it seemed interested in me. There was only one I'm pretty sure and it seemed to "belong" to that place.

That trip I was particularly connected to the land and the animals, more than usual, the entire time I was there, I think a wombat broke into one of our tents... another story.

I've never come across the entity again (as far as I remember) but the experience really stuck with me.

Any similarities?

Edited by cycle

I can quite easily say I have some idea of what Huichol and GP are on about but i can also easily say that i dont know anything at all. Although, i would like to say - that im keen on learning more so can i ask you to share the knowledge you guys have - esp in the domain of 'the dreaming'

the quick reply to the "dreaming" is that certain subsances aid it. the long reply is a whole philosophy of the world based upon it. I can give you my recommendations, but these may and probably are subjectively biased. Plus, none of the substances I recommoned are legally available for possesion, except for WA AFAIK.

The land around Uluru is amazing for its spiritual resonance - The rock itself is like a spiritual beacon - tell me you wont dream of it when you sleep near it. Respect it.

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

Mm.. I havent really had a lot do with my indigenous roots, unfortunately.

But I have found myself attracted to isolated work in regional and outback N.S.W.

To me, the desert and wide open+ dry spaces seem to have a lot to say about the dreaming.

To me, its like an empty canvas. There is the suns fire, and the hard ground below.

The imagination speaks, and seems to do this through the water in the life around.

Air moves the mind, to wonder and worry at all of what's not there. Or still is.

In half shadows, and bent echoes.

Some pretty cool+ weird things can happen to the wanderer, if earnestly seeking

the secrets of the Aussie bush.

Havin said that, i'v not yet been to the heart of our land :(

Australia has such an uninterested, patronising view of indigenous culture. I knew nothing at all about indigenous culture until I was at Uni and then it was only because I met a girl who was interested in it and told me some stuff while simulataneously managing to knock back my many advances...

My time in NT really gave me an appreciation of the desert, the open spaces, the 'big sky' country - particularly around Uluru and Yulara - the desert oaks and the resonance of the place was amazing. I couldnt believe no one had ever said to me 'its amazing up there, its a spiritual place.' - people as a kid would just say its 'hot and dry.'

I went to Arizona recently and was amazed at how spiritiual they thought of the desert there as being - red rock country where they have 'vortexes' or areas of rock where they say there is some sort of energy vortex located.

QUite interesting how much more appreciative the americans I met were of the desert there compared to the anglo-irish view of our red heart.

Im obsessed with deserts now actually.

I remember seeing Jon Muir, the aussie explorer, on Denton a couple of years ago. He's walked across the continent alone and reckons twice he's heard the sound of corroberee's at night in the middle of nowhere. One of these times he was even woken up by the sound.

We have the 'Bin-Men' here,wheely bins containing household waste have presence of a person at dawn and dusk or if they are poorly illuminated by streetlights.

Several Conifers such as small Cypress and lookalikes can also have this presence at those times,and under daylight too.

Both of those can be startling in a rude manmade way,the trees less so than the bins or other street furniture.

The eye anthropomorphs everything to a degree,it's the degree and inherent character of a thing that you are seeing.

Designing out a tendency to see anthropomorphic features in a product is different from kitsch as in the kitsch the aim is to instill anthropomorphic features into a material that is inherently devoid of it.

The eye maybe the windows of the soul but overlooked are the ears which are another pane in the same window,not only that but eyeballs resonate as do the sinuses and other cavities.

Air movement is another,pressure differentials are used by many species without the organ of the ear for extracting food from the habitat.

Whats a person to do if an ancestor used such a method of survival mid ocean but it dd not transate well to air breathing on land?

Edited by Garbage

He's walked across the continent alone and reckons twice he's heard the sound of corroberee's at night in the middle of nowhere. One of these times he was even woken up by the sound.

ahh that's what I'm talking about! Hmm, I'd like to talk to this guy, I don't know why.

Well I think he's at a bit of a loss how to explain it himself. It was the most chilling piece of television I've seen, the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end because you could tell he was being deadly serious and the ancient sounds have visited me in dreams before so I didn't question it at all. I mean he's a hardass mountaineer and would be used to isolation and it's tricks. It was quite brave to come on national TV and say such a thing I thought.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s2094752.htm

Here he is talking from a journal of his -

JON MUIR: It is, it is, this is from um the walk I've just completed. OK, "It happened again last night. An abrupt awakening when I knew instantly what had jolted me from sleep. This time there was no inclination to try and find out where it was coming from because I believed there was no physical explanation for the sound I was hearing. So instead, I listened and absorbed it. Just as I had heard before well on the traverse of Australia, voices chanting, stamping feet, clapping sticks. The unmistakable sound of a corroboree. Everyday I see evidence of their occupation of the land and feel their presence. Having experienced this before it no longer seems strange to hear their celebration. It's comforting. I looked up at the stars and gently fall into my usual solid, deep sleep."

ANDREW DENTON: And was that a dream, a hallucination? Do you know what that was?

JON MUIR: Um I think, I think I was hearing voices from the past. And I've heard that before and not actually really spoke to too many people about it. But on the drive home something very interesting happened, and that was, we stopped in at a mate of mine who lives out there in the outback, Aboriginal bloke, and he had a mate of his over who does a lot of cattle work and spends a lot of time out in the middle of nowhere. And he said to me, we were having a bit of a yarn about this walk I'd just done and he said "Does the desert ever speak to you?" And I said "Yeah, it does." And he said "Have you heard the corroborees?" And I said, "Yes. Twice." And he said "I heard one once with two mates and he heard exactly that same thing." I got out of my sleeping, I thought I've got to go and check this out and I got out of my sleeping bag and followed this sound and there was just nothing out there.

Edited by strangebrew

I was talking to lady who worked at uluru for a few years. She said they get piles and piles of rocks sent back every week coz the people who took them have "unexplained" bad feelings of guilt and bad dreams.

Some spots they advise tourists not to camp because of the "spirits" at these locations. People say "haha, spirits". But they apparently come back shaking in their boots the nexy day.

She also said an interesting thing. For us "Westerners" we think the biggist thing must be the most powerful/spiritual, i.e. uluru itself. But the actual elders who live in the region hold small waterholes, gnarly old trees etc. to be the apothesis of sacred. Things you would walk straight by.

Australia is an old, quiet and subtle manifestation of spirit. It is the oldest, emptiest and most weathered place on earth (thereabouts). I love it for this reason. It has a deep recess of wisdom. It always leaves me feeling as if I have witnessed something at my fingertips, just beyond my power of comprehension. A grandfather with always more to teach me, if I can listen. A place to walk endlessly.

In Peru, it was a stark contrast, because the spirit is at the surface. It is a new, fertile and buoyant place. And people do the work there that keeps the spirits active at that anthopomorphic level. That is, the interface between culture and spirit is largely intact. You do not have to look very hard, tho you still need to listen closely.

When I think of Australia, I "know" the spirits are there. But they have, as a result of interference (or always, perhaps), gone underground. Into the dreaming. In some harder seasons, also, I think they go into hiding in the earth.

Where people have ventured least, I imagine, the spirit is still active in its anthropomorphised form (spirit beings), or where old ways are still practiced. Or where someone, whoever, is paying some attention. Or stumbles across them, or makes them angry! Perhaps it is true that some places we should not go.

But, elsewhere, the spirit continues to exist in the landscape. The dreaming body of this land. It's a beautiful place. Contained yet fluid.

The spirits are reticent and unsure of us, and why should they not be. We are, also, of them. Or unaware. So we build an understanding of each other, and the country, over time. Sometimes I think I am going to meet them, but most often I simply end up developing my own relationship with the land. My country. In my own way. But I can feel their deep love of this place; a sense of balance and belonging. And I can feel that, although I call this land my home, much of their culture is very foreign to me.

So it is, when I walk the land, I must see with similar eyes, but from a different culture. It is what is in the heart that often counts the most. But I know those who came before me are still here - they are in the animals and the plants and the wind.

Indeed, I experience an unsual sensation when I find weeds in stunning locations, as if here the spirit has been tampered with and altered. So much of the country must be like that now.

But, on certain days, at certain times, in certain places, I can feel their sense of country, their community and their presence. Their aliveness and wisdom.

And beyond that, is the dreamtime.

The Australian desert is a magical place. Driving though the heart of Australia by myself was one of the most amazing things I've ever done. When you get out of your car and turn the engine off the silence is overwhelming even during the day.

Uluru has something (some sort of energy) about it especially around the water holes, I could have hang around them for endless hours just imagining the history they have and how much people it was a life source for, for so many thousands of years. I should point out that your not allowed to camp in the Uluru national park. Don't know if it's for cultural reasons or if it's just to get the tourist to there expensive hotel, but it would be a incredibly disrespectful thing to do, if it is for cultural reasons. Although would be an amazing experience and would be a good place to try and channel something, if you have those kind of believes.

Somewhere like just out from innamincka would also be a place to go for this reason.

I remember seeing some bloke with his cart hundreds of kms from anywhere in the middle of the desert. I don't know how you could even survive with no car out there. I really envy people that can put themselves in that kind of position.

Edited by jabez

there is a chapter in Stanislav Grof's book 'when the impossible happens' that details his LSD experiences at Uluru. Very interesting. He talks about how he saw the rock as a giant reptile and then later learnt this is what the aboriginals believe it is. Also discusses finding himself in the 'dreamtime' where is he confronted by angry spirits. His wife claims she is repelled from certain areas only to later find out that they were sacred mens sites. Anyway thats all I can remember but it's certainly an interesting chapter in an amazing book. well worth reading as the guy has taken psychedelics all over the world and in some amazing places.

^^ And to think some people still clamber all over the bloody thing, what a disgrace.

I've never been in the desert but grew up in the country. there were definitely spirits about, I felt them most around waterholes. Some places in the river where you just didn't go swimming without feeling decidedly uncomfortable. At the same time I find unnatural waterholes, like dams and such, to be eerie because of their lack of spirit. I've also had mushroom trips where I realised that the places of my dreamscape (I dream a lot about the place where I grew up) don't refer to geological places but rather the spirits that inhabit them.

Do you think like back in the early settlement days/pioneering after like James Cook settled that the tribes of that land who were killed. Do you think there spirit's would remain and haunt the land? alot has changed in todays age but I guess the question i'm putting out there for someone to anwser is I know of atleast one tribe that was massacred up in North West QLD so all these spirit's would they just stay and float with the land or what? And would there reasons be unfinished business or not knowing how to cross over ? I guess with the accension process that has been happening alot more old souls will be accending rather then coming back and incarnating on earth again. I know that this is my last life on earth and will be in the higher realms.

I guess i've come to experience nature spirits on the land but it's more feeling then knowing especially in my younger day's I would always know when the wind would pickup or when something would happen infront of me in the middle of the bush. but nothing of hearing corroboree or the didg.

Anyway i'm interested into your reply's to my post thanks..

a guy i know mentioned taking LSD by a waterfall in NSW bushland. he claims that at some point in the trip everything stopped being psychedelic and turned black. he recieved a 'flash' that detailed the history of the aborignal people and the devastation caused by the white australia policy. it played out just like a movie and he said it was so intense he kept trying to turn it off such was the guilt, pain and sadness he was experiencing. he watched mothers crying for their children and saw how the blood spilled has cursed a lot of the land. it was gut wrenching stuff and he felt that he could not turn away, that the spirits demanded he experience this and see their story and that by experiencing it he was relieving them somewhat of the pain they had carried. i think i believe some spirits do haunt the land and they feel their story needs to be heard and not buried under lies. they need to know that the white man understands what he has done.

another time on a camping trip alledgedly with other people on these forums he saw lots of male aborignals spirits dancing around their camp fire. he got the sense that they they were welcome to camp on the land but they sure as hell better clean up.

in some ways he felt they were there to look after the campers...like some sort of initiation. all of the campers were good people and were there with good intentions and the spirirts recognised this and recognised them as 'plant workers' or caretakers or whatever...

Edited by holymountain

maybe anything that breaks down the linear, serial mind will provide access, it might not have to resemble any substance historical. That, as well as the right interior landscape to be sensitive to them?

here is the wierdest part: these 'flashes' all occured when nitrous was inhaled in combination with cid.

seems bizzare as one would imagine there is zero spiritual connection to aboriginals through nitrous. or cid for that matter. and it's actually embarrasing to say that such profound, emotionally wrenching visions were recieved whilst under the influence of such a dodgy thing as nitrous. go figure.

Thanks for the stories.

A friend of mine had some great experiences concerning his personal life and the surfacing of past heavy psychological traumas with the help of acid and nitrous. He had a kind of visual, embodied cleansing experience. A vortex of coloured patterns opened up within the dark room and traced through his complete being flushing out heaps of negative tension, specific negative tension. The experience was triggered towards the end of an acid trip by a hit of nitrous. When it finished, with the acid substantially wearing off, he took another hit of nitrous and replicated the experience maintaining the same intensity as the first time. The cleansing helped him with some serious personal demons and give him confidence to feel solid in his experience of wellbeing.