The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
james_gould

Veruccosa

Got a 3-4 foot Verucossa that I've had for a few months and I really love him. Have run into a problem. Somehow, either by wind or natural causes or ignorant visitor or passer by... the new young leaves at the top of the main branch have been broken off! He already has branches that have new young leaves at the top though, but what will that do to him? Is it going to limit his height. Could this be bad for him?

I imagine this sort of thing does happen in nature, but anyone know what is the effect of this? I hope its not detrimental to his health. Anyway if it was a human that did it, I feel like :slap: them.

It will be fine, so long as it has developed a large enough root sytem. When this species is used for firewood fuel, it is often coppice cut. Usually this is done with a mature plant, but essentially they are cut back to stubs and they flush out new branches in a bushier form.

It will be fine, so long as it has developed a large enough root sytem. When this species is used for firewood fuel, it is often coppice cut. Usually this is done with a mature plant, but essentially they are cut back to stubs and they flush out new branches in a bushier form.

Good to know, thanks for that!