The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
hebrew

五香酒 - five fragrant wine

五香酒 - five fragrant wine - Wu Xiang Jiu

this is an old formula for external use only, and not for women pregnant

Method of use: Apply topically to the affected area.

quickens the blood and scatters stasis, disperses swelling and stops pain. to be used for bruises, strains sprains, stretched tendons pulled muscles, muscular pain, sports injuries,

Localized redness and swelling, fracture and dislocation, bruise and swelling of the skin, lumbar sprain, and depleted qi.

this is one of the dit dat jows i am currently working on, it has been crafted with great care and quality herbs, wu xiang jiu is for external use only and must not be allowed to be rubbed on any wounds, as i said external use only

today was the day it came out from the ground and has spent the last 30 days 1 metre deep int the earth.

it is very effective i think, as it happens i have pulled a muscle training the snake palm in my bagua practice and have been treating the leg muscle which has been strained and i notice its effectiveness upon that, treat 3 times a day until better.

so i am offering this medicinal jow for sale, for 100ml will cost 15 dollars. i have 2 100ml bottles available. still yet to find tha bottles to place them in but if you are interested please send me a pm.

you wont find a dit dat jow like this in shops. and in my mind it is a very good medicine to have around if you train martial arts or do sport training of any sort

ok theres my sales pitch

VS

This really impresses me that you have made your own.

I'd love to see a list of herbs that you've put into this and how.. hardly, that I would ever (or could) reproduce it.. more that I am deeply curious and compelled to purchase some from you.

Now, I've recently had 3 tendons and a nerve reattached- im getting a lil too much internal adhesion.. i'll asky my occupational therapist about it today.

Whats ur opinion on using it for deep trauma?

PM'd!

for what you describe this sounds like it may help, i am not a qualified practitioner, i am just interested in medicinal wines, mainly for martial arts as i practice bagua. but it also is an interest in herbs i have too, so for me making these old formulas is fun exciting and useful for my needs, there is no harm in trying to see if it helps yoru conditions i guess, i know 15 bucks is a bit but i am not making any money from it, well a few dollars the rest of the money colvers the cost of the herbs and alcohol. the extra few dollars is for my time in making it. if you find it is a good thing for your condition then i can make larger amounts and we can work out a better price, but for now this is where it is for me. there are quite a few different old formulas i wish to explore and create, some plasters and potions, btu it comes down to money and availability of the herbs required.

the herbs in this elixir are

Flos Caryophylli (Ding Xiang), 丁 香 cloves

Radix Saussureae Seu Vladimiriae (Mu Xiang), 木香

Gummum Olibani (Ru Xiang, vinegar processed), frankincense 乳香

Lignum Santali Albi (Bai Tan Xiang), 檀香 sandalwood

Fructus Foeniculi Vulgaris (Xiao Hui Xiang), 小茴香 fennel fruit

Radix Angelicae Sinensis (Dang Gui) 当归 chinese angelica root

Rhizoma Ligustici Wallichii (Chuan Xiong) 川芎

Lignum Sappanis (Su Mu), 苏木 sappon wood

Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae (Niu Xi), 懷牛膝

Flos Carthami Tinctorii (Hong Hua), 红花

good quality white alcohol (Bai Jiu), 白酒

also added some psuedoginseng and eaglewood, chen xiang

i have quite a few different recipes for dit dat jows btu this one struck a chord with me and i and i wished to make it, since i create perfumes too, this appealed as it has some ingridients in it that i use for perfumery as well, in addition there are some woods in this jow that i have a spiritual connection with, thus making it one i wished to make, i have also used it for a day and half to treat a puled leg muscle with great success, this is just my personal experience and i would love to hear of any feedback from these if you were to get a bottle. i hope i can make more in the future, its aquiring the alcohol that is hardest part, as it is so pricey for a good strong booze to soak them in, for the next bottle i will wash the alcohol as in perfumery to give it a more true smell, not so adulterated with the smell of spirits, i have to refresh myself on how to do that though.

for best results a good massage with the tincture is where you see good results jsut rubbing it on isnt enough a good massage with it will help the oils penetrate and do their job. not much else i can say really if you are interested even in 50ml to see if you like it let me know, i have not made this stuff to sell i made it for personal use but i thought others here may find it interesting and wish to purchase some, its not a commercial formula, its an old shaolin formula with a little personal tweaking.

if you got any further question happy to answer them

all gone now thanks everyone, if people are still interested let me know i will have another batch in a month or so.

am interested...keep us updated

well there is more interest than what i can cater for if people are keen i will have some more in a month. as well as some other interesting tidbits

i will purchasing large quantities of the herbs involved soon and will begin making a fw litres available if people are interested, to here and elsewhere. i think there is a need for quality massage tinctures and rubs, not to mention good dit dat jows for martial artists, but i will let people know when more is available if people are interested, if you want to place and order with me for the next batch you are welcome to do so. otherwise its all good.

i hope to have some quality perfumes for sale in the next few months as well. jsut workign on making some good resonoids at the moment.

hope to have some quality perfumes for sale in the next few months as well

awesome hebs id love some more of the stuff You gave me at EGA. My nephews loved it as well, hence the reason why i have none left!!

its the bomb!

@Velvet siren,

being an ethnobotanical forum.. with growers of all kinds..

why dont we home grow all the herbs for your wines?

some are hard to get herbs here in australia, one of my favourite herbs is oud, agarwood, eaglewood, i jsut got the best quality herb today for some perfume and the palo santo i ground up to a dust, mmm i am going to have some lovely smells on my hands very soon

but yes i should start growing some of these plants myself, anyway good idea to start growing some of these herbs though

Wow- seems to work great! my hand that copped 40+ stitches has recovered a great deal of movement in only 3 days since coming out of the splint. Application of the linament seems to nearly instantly free up tension.

I expected some kind of local hot or cold sensation.. but i think its the oils and fragrance that works the magic. No like that menthol crap at all.

It seems to affect my heart or something. Childhood/adolescent romances fringe my mind I feel at once open/vulnerable and content after application.. but even if it didnt seem to work so well, id probably buy it for the fragrance!

Oh, and yesterday i found myself burying my injured hand in the earth and covering it with dirt. The herbs made me do it! lol.

Thanks Velvet!

pleasure mate, thanks for the review of the product i too have found it a good medicine, and yes plenty of fragrant herbs in there

it goes all sticky due to the high resinoids in the mix. i have found it to be a godo medicine, when i can afford i am going to make more. be interested to know how other people have found it too when they get it and work with it some

I would also be keen when the next lot is ready please VS.

Mwuahahaha, managed to pinch some of this from the hebs last night.

My back is totally screwed from sitting at the computer too much. Tonight I'll give it a shot on my lower neck and shoulders (wherever my arms will actually reach to rub in the wine correctly).

Edited by apothecary

hope it works for you sina, i think it is a good thing to have around.

yes it's good for me also, not the same kind of trauma as GP!

using it for strain in lower back..

excellent i hope i can afford the herbs soon to be able to supply people with this on a larger scale, i feel it is a good dit dat jow, i will also have a few other old formulas made available in the future

dit da jow that you made works wonders, my g/f had sore shoulders and neck from work, and rubbed a good amount into the affected areas and soreness went.

just one thing its hard to spread, would be better if it could be put into an oil instead of tincture.

awesome work velvet

yeah when the alcohol evaps off and is rubbed in the frankincense i think is the main culprit makes it all sticky, i guess it could be evapped and put into almond oil or something, but as it is i am sticking to as the formula speaks which is to make it into the tincture

i wonder if you were to first lightly lubricate the sin first with some oil or something and then worked into that oil the lineament

thanks

I got some of this wine off VS and it works wonders I have perm damage in the ankle and elbow and it provides great relief from my discomfort. Thanks VS!!! Heaps better than any pharmacy shit I have got!! Very happy customer! :) Keep up the good work bud!

Chalk me up as another potential customer when the next batch is in! :)

Chalk me up as another potential customer when the next batch is in! :)

Me too. Sounds awesome VS, well done!

i wonder if you were to first lightly lubricate the sin first with some oil or something and then worked into that oil the lineament

thanks

i've been using a lil grapeseed oil as a nice viscous carrier for the medicine, (which is also great for the skin)

or applying it straight on top of a fresh application of aloe vera goop. works great:)

Hey VS i hope you get a bid still cause I would love 2 litres of this stuff mate, I love it and so does the family we all have muscle and joint probs. Almost out as my dad has been using it all on me cause it works!

Thanks again mate :)