The Corroboree
planthelper

dope is nummber 1

have led lights been sorted yet?

a friend says yes,last i read here it was still a work in progress?

update?

t s t .

thanx m e.......insert red faced pic......early morning mishmash brain!.....clicked a few hours later,bugged me ever since!

Edited by t st tantra

Have heard regarding keeping the plant covert in outdoor situation that it is even possible to grow it like a creeper if you keep it tied down from youth.

Also topping apparently encourages a bushy plant without the height.

Would also like to hear anyones experience with LED lighting?

Peace

Edited by MindExpansion

if you don't have an artificial lightsource, i would go for a late planting.

like this the longest days of the year will help the seedling to grow up fast.

if you keep prunning the mother plant, she will often loose her virgor and you don't want this, specialy with hemp.

if the growing season is too short though, you will pretty much end up with hardly any good tight nuggets.

the best i've found is to have a small fluro setup and to veg them, and than without burrning the leaves, to plant them out.

another methode to keep a small plant could be to early flower her, by carrying her into the absolute dark shed every day,

or by simply putting a cardboard box over the small plant every day at say 15.00h.

the downside is it needs commitment.

yet another idea on the same topic, at times you can nurture a plant kept in a pot and than plant this plant out in an extreem case of leaning tower of pisa. like this one can make a plant 2/3 lower then before!

bending branches down, either by carefully snapping them or simply holing them down with strings, weights, or what ever are very good measures to keep a plant small and as such pretty save to cultivate, even in a small backyard.

Good advice from ME and PH. You don't want to prune your plant after it's started to flower and especially after it's late into flowering. Pruning in the veg stage will result in a bushy plant as has been said. Tying down will work well too and has the advantage that you can do this at any stage of growth including late stages. Be careful when bending plants because some are more brittle than others and will break on you. Thin new stems are usually flexible and older thicker stems are the ones most likely to break. Bend them down and hold them in place with twist ties or string.

There are variations on this such as the screen of green which is where you use a screen, usually chicken wire with about 6 to 10 cm openings in it. First the plant is topped in veg stage and the screen put over it at the height it was topped. Then as the branches come up they are bent down so they stay under the screen. The shoots that go through are pulled back and the plant is encouraged to spread out over an area of up to close to a square meter. The buds are then allowed to come through the screen and come up which gives the appearance of sog (sea of green) but it's with only one plant per area and maybe a dozen to 3 dozen buds coming up from each plant. In areas with laws regarding the number of plants and severity of punishment, that can help.

These tips can help with outdoor gardening to conceal the plants or with indoor gardens to conserve head room. If you are using a closet with minimal room to raise the light, you want to top, tie down and use various tecs to keep them short and bushy. You can tie down multiple times as they grow but don't wait until it's almost up to the limit before you start tying down. Do it well in advance because the plant will grow above and below the tie down point.

Nice one stonehenge, anyone else have any other tips for non-chemical ways to increase the harvest size?

Peace

Nice one stonehenge, anyone else have any other tips for non-chemical ways to increase the harvest size?

Peace

the bud's will obtain maximum size if the plant was growing with full virgor, i personelly was always suspicios of all those things which claim to produce a bigger bud or overall more harvest.

there are two methodes of giving a plant optimum supply of nutrients, very old compost, or hydroponic solutions.

let me sidetrack here for a moment, i once saw a tv show and this guy was growing world record vegetables, and everybody wanted to know how he did it, and all he said was, very old compost!

the older the compost, the more nutrients are available to the plant, fresh manure or compost might contain an awfull lot of nutrients, but most of it cann't be utelised by the roots.

ok, so most people like to smoke the biggest top collar with the most resin, but i would like to ask you something different, which i call "shamanic cannabis".

shamanic dope, basicly would consist of, very early harverested cannabis.

another factor might be to grow those plants much slower.

anyway, where i am heading is that this early harverest, will produce a different stone and very well might avoid the risk of psychosis. if you smoke a lot of pot, this dope will not be for you, no doubt, but if your tolerance for dope is low than you might wanna try this.

a long time ago a real rasta was visiting me and the only grass available was some very early harverested material.

the guy was a bit dissapointed when he saw the gear, but obviously thought, a leafy joint with tiny buds is still better than the turkey, and yes you guessed it, he remarked that the pot was quite alright.

shamanic dope's effects seem to last longer, the stone is more uplifting and inspireing and,

it's far less harsh on your lungs...

some countries allowe the growing of thc rich hemp, but you are not allowed to let them flower,

in some ways i think this is a good rule, as it means small home grown buds are legal, but big hydro buds are not.

don't get me wrong, i would certainly like that cannabis growing is legal in all countries without too many restrictions, but this topic could pose an alternative, as i feel it would make the home growers operation legal.

sure i would like some of my dope to be grown to resinous perfection, but even than, i would store it ungroomed, with the fanleaves still attached.

like that the lawmaker could differentiate, between large commercial operations and the small home grower.

"ok, so most people like to smoke the biggest top collar with the most resin, but i would like to ask you something different, which i call "shamanic cannabis".

shamanic dope, basicly would consist of, very early harverested cannabis.

another factor might be to grow those plants much slower.

anyway, where i am heading is that this early harverest, will produce a different stone and very well might avoid the risk of psychosis. if you smoke a lot of pot, this dope will not be for you, no doubt, but if your tolerance for dope is low than you might wanna try this."

Maybe but probly far more likely to cause psychosis than some nice hydro.

The "shamanic cannabis" would be very high in THC & low in CBD & THC has been shown to cause psychosis while CBD which would be at high levels in nice hydro has been shown to be a very good antipsychotic & to somewhat negate the psychosis effects of THC.

I think all this needs alot more research but I think its quite dangerous to imply "shamanic cannabis" may have a lower risk of psychosis when it may actualy have a much higher risk.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...amp;hl=cannabis

From what I've read I think Indica grown Indoors & left run long preferably under natural light or supplemented U.V light than turned to hashish would have less/least risk of psychosis & may be a good treatment for schitzophrenia/psychosis.

Edited by shruman

I just want to add that you don't use UV light with pot or with any plant. They can tolerate a certain amount of it but they don't need it or use it. That is one of the many myths surrounding pot cultivation. Other myths include the one about letting the plant hang upside down after harvesting it so that the resin can travel from the roots to the buds. This is based on the false assumption that thc and resin is produced in the roots and travels to the leaves and buds. Not true.

Any other myths people have heard? I've heard a few others like stress them out as they get close to harvest to make them more potent.

Yes it is true stonehenge that cannabis does not need UV light but that is not to say they do not use it.

"The effects of UV-B radiation on photosynthesis, growth and cannabinoid production of two greenhouse-grown C. sativa chemotypes (drug and fiber) were assessed. Terminal meristems of vegetative and reproductive tissues were irradiated for 40 days at a daily dose of 0, 6.7 or 13.4 kJ m-2 biologically effective UV-B radiation. Infrared gas analysis was used to measure the physiological response of mature leaves, whereas gas-liquid chromatography was used to determine the concentration of cannabinoids in leaf and floral tissue.

There were no significant physiological or morphological differences among UV-B treatments in either drug- or fiber-type plants. The concentration of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), but not of other cannabinoids, in both leaf and floral tissues increased with UV-B dose in drug-type plants. None of the cannabinoids in fiber-type plants were affected by UV-B radiation.

The increased levels of Δ9-THC in leaves after irradiation may account for the physiological and morphological tolerance to UV-B radiation in the drug-type plants. However, fiber plants showed no comparable change in the level of cannabidiol (a cannabinoid with UV-B absorptive characteristics similar to Δ9 THC). Thus the contribution of cannabinoids as selective UV-B filters in C. sativa is equivocal."

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal...=1&SRETRY=0

(If anybody has the full paper please put it up).

"UV is implicated in several of the cannabinoid biosynthesis processes. By removing UV you are changing the profile of the cannabinoids. Hydro these days has very little in common with wild grown plants of any region in the world because essentially many of the biosynthetic and transformative processes have been removed from the production. In fact, hydro may well be producing completely new and different cannabinoids which we know nothing about. This seems quite likely to me as the incidence of mental illness triggered or precipitated by hydro is much greater than pot or even hash smokers."

Torsten, here: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...=13322&st=0

Quite often myths have a kernel of truth to them.

Peace

Do a google search on "OBBT" growing method, never seen cannabis growing so well ;)

"OBBT is a unique growing medium consisting of coconut moss, vermiculite, pearlite and compost resting on a 4 inch bed of lava rock. The rock is completely submerged in a water bath. The depth of the bath is maintained by a side overflow drain which sits at exactly 4 inches from the bottom of the tub. This allows me to water them with a can the traditional way but maintains the water level and makes sure the medium above never gets "soupy". At the bottom of the bath rests a 12 inch aquarium bubbler wand that constantly injects the bath and the medium above it with air. This oxygenates the entire medium, encouraging the growth of beneficial aerobic bacteria and killing off pesky anaerobic bacteria; technically making it a hydroponic system. However, unlike most hydroponic rigs it is mostly compromised of organic matirial and is thusly capable of supporting a full-fledged Mycorrhizae fungal colony which lives in a symbiotic relationship with the cannabis roots. The fungus chelates all of the minerals for the plants, prevents dehydration, balances the PH and acts as a secondary immune system to fight off unwanted intruders. All of this makes for furiously aggressive growth from the plants, it is an optimum environment for nutrient uptake, water retention and oxygenation. I feel that it has advantages over both traditional soil growing and hydroponic setups; the best of both worlds. It is much lower maintenance than most common hydroponic setups as most of the nutrients are loaded into the medium up front. I use organic nutes almost exclusively: Blood meal, coffee grounds, wood ash, garden sulfur, fast-acting lime and an organic mix called Bio-tone starter plus (contains feather meal, grab meal, guano, greensand and bone meal). The medium contains two special additives: Soil Moist granules to help it retain moisture (very important due to the light spongy nature of the medium) and Hydro Organics' Mycorrhizae Super Pack (a form of dry fungus spores). Over the course of their lives the cannabis plants will receive fish emulsion for a nitrogen boost, corn-cob ash for potassium (very important) and bloom burst (my only salt fertilizer, just one teaspoon per season) for phosphorous. Other than the dry mycorrhizae spores (which aren't completely necessary because the Bio-Tone mix comes pre-loaded with a small variety of beneficial spores) all of these materials are readily available to anyone from a variety of local sources."

Edited by cisumevil

cisumevil, that will no doubt work but i suspect you will get a ton of algae with all that exposed substrate. Just use the standard bubbling bucket or tub. For those new to this, a bubbler is a container usually of at least 5 gallons in size with a hole in the lid for the plant. The plant is usually in a basket of some sort that allows the roots to grow into the water medium below while keeping the stem above water. In the bucket or tub you have an ordinary aquarium bubble stone connected to a cheap air pump. Put the hole for the air tube in through the top to minimize leaks. Works excellently and no used soil to dispose or or to bring in. To get rid of old solution you dump it down the drain or put it on your garden for residual ferts. Works like a charm.

shruman, that may well be but i notice they did not quantify the increase in delta 9 or mention if there was an overall increase or decrease. If D9 went up 1% that would be an increase. Normal HID lights and to a lesser degree floros do put out UV. It's a good idea to wear sunglasses while you are working under one of those lights. So if they can use some, it is there. What i object to is saying that adding a special UV light or using just that will help. It will not help, it's been tried many times.

@ Stonehenge

No algae as nothing is exposed, large amounts of air + lot's of healthy mirco's make sure there is no algae to contend with :)

This OBBT system is soooooooooooooooo much better than a BB, as it is two systems in one ;) Really it is like growing a plant in a Tea brewing machine!

And it's all organic, Win, Win Win........ Yields & taste you wont believe ;)

Well, here's my story.

Foaf had some seeds from some batch accidentally germinated [2 seedlings actually], after throwing them and forgetting them in some pot with soil. They are very small - pot is like 12x12 cm or something. He wouldn't give much attention and throw away, but instead decided to keep it between other plants until it was larger to oberve and satisfy curiosity, and then throw away. Too much of a risk.

Now it's no more than 10 cm in height, but, here comes the strange thing, it seems of of the small plants is forming a flower/bud, which smells, well, he says it smells like grass! Is that possible? [it is a very sunny spot indeed]. Seeds must have germinated early september or something...

Here in greece we won't have [relatively] good weather for long still, even though these days were sweet&sunny. Commercial [illegal of course] growers harvest their crops around september. So....

Would he have any chances of increasing the flowers if he transplants now, or it will stress the plant too much...? Should he just leave it to see what happens? [small , very small pot though] Is cloning an option? Is it possible for such small plants to develop characteristics of grownups??

I will read this thread more in detail, but I doubt these kinds of questions I ask have been asked... 2 month plant w/ flower ?!?!??!?!

in general gardening you could just plant the whole pot in a bigger pot or in the soil.

this gives more room for growth but prevents transplant shock.

dont know if its what you want in this case though.

t s t .

i would let it flower without repotting.

because this plant is in flower it will not grow much more in size, as such repotting might not make any difference.

you should though, use a bit of potash fert on her.

sometimes one can grow an outdoor grown hemp plant right thru winter, but thats not so easy (removing the tiny bud might help).

you could put the plant under artificial light and as such trigger virgorous growth,

or you just leave everything the way it is and watch a bonsai bud forming, hehe.

one thing to remember is that MJ does not like to be stressed. A female plant will turn male very quickly if stressed out, especially if the roots are messed with.

re potting after seeds or cuttings have taken should only be done once as far as ive learnt. tying down, bending branches are fine, but start moving the plant around and BAM!

Taking out the center growth after only 2 leaves are showing will avoid the "xmas tree" look and 4 main branches will develop instead of 1. Easier to tie down and less conspicuous, but one thing is that a large plant will only have a small trunk to hold the 4 main branches and can easily split. Just happened to me...Mildura hammered with rain and 90km hr winds and SPLAT! This plant is a freak and im busy taking clones to grow, seed out and keep.

It is a weed and the more its messed with the less yield. Leave it alone.

Take out the small under growth and more energy will be given to the larger branches.

The highest branches will get the most energy so keep everything at an even height. If you have a "xmas tree", pull the main branch down to equal or just below the others and watch the side branches fatten up.

This is the King of the plant world and if all aspects of MJ were utilised it would destroy the worlds economic structure....amazing! wonder why it is illegal

peace

Hahaha, thanks, nice replies..

i would let it flower without repotting..

yeah I think I would do this too... should I ask that crazy friend of mine for photo or it's not allowed here?

I wouldn't believe this can happen! A bud from such a small plant!

I can't stand pot. When I was a youngster I smoked lots of it, was addicted to the stuff for about 3 years i.e. smoking every day and stressing out if I couldn't get any. Then I started to get really para when I smoked it and had to stop. The plant really doesn't agree with me, I felt a little like I was taking it for granted and abusing rather than using the plant. I'm sure it has it's place to be used for good but I think it is also used in much the same way as alcohol is by many people, (myself included - I got a problem with the stuff, so I don't drink it now). Just wanted to add my two cents.

To Chakra Hi :) and welcome to the forum, might be worth checking out the rules here before posting incriminating stuff... you can edit your posts if you need too.

peace

I can't stand pot. When I was a youngster I smoked lots of it, was addicted to the stuff for about 3 years i.e. smoking every day and stressing out if I couldn't get any. Then I started to get really para when I smoked it and had to stop. The plant really doesn't agree with me, I felt a little like I was taking it for granted and abusing rather than using the plant. I'm sure it has it's place to be used for good but I think it is also used in much the same way as alcohol is by many people, (myself included - I got a problem with the stuff, so I don't drink it now). Just wanted to add my two cents.

To Chakra Hi :) and welcome to the forum, might be worth checking out the rules here before posting incriminating stuff... you can edit your posts if you need too.

peace

Pot is really bad for the heart, causes increased heart rate, and subsequent paranoia.

Having said that, by adding scelly to the mix, will eliminate the prob.

As far as growing, they love lime in the soil.

SWIM has just raised a nice tomato plant seedling. He has the tomato on a NNE facing balcony. There is a tree directly to the east. The plant gets direct sun from about 10 untill 2.30 .The balcony is very bright but only gets direct sunlight in these times. Swim wanted the tomato to fruit early so he is thinking about moving between a dark room and the balcony. 3 questions SWIM has-

1/ Is this enough Direct Sun?

2/ What is a good timetable , (ie Put out at 8 and bring in at 4)?

3/ Will sending a plant to fruit early like this cause any quality issues in the end product?

~BOOM~

Edited by Slybacon

Teotzlcoatl

scelly?

sceletium tortuosum I believe?

Maurice

Pot is really bad for the heart, causes increased heart rate, and subsequent paranoia.

This is subjective. Also depends on the amount of THC to CBD ratio which is related to genetics and harvest timing. If I understand correctly, more CBD's will balace out the 'racy' feeling you get from long flowering sativas. The longer a plant takes to mature to more THC is produced compared to CBD's. Well, something like that.

Anyway, no doubt youngsters should stay away from weed.

Anyway, no doubt youngsters should stay away from weed.

Absolutely not for youngsters post-4908-1259652561_thumb.jpg post-4908-1259652526_thumb.jpg

lady.jpg

P8300386.JPG

lady.jpg

P8300386.JPG

SWIM has just raised a nice tomato plant seedling. He has the tomato on a NNE facing balcony. There is a tree directly to the east. The plant gets direct sun from about 10 untill 2.30 .The balcony is very bright but only gets direct sunlight in these times. Swim wanted the tomato to fruit early so he is thinking about moving between a dark room and the balcony. 3 questions SWIM has-

1/ Is this enough Direct Sun?

2/ What is a good timetable , (ie Put out at 8 and bring in at 4)?

3/ Will sending a plant to fruit early like this cause any quality issues in the end product?

~BOOM~

Anyone have an idea?