The Corroboree
planthelper

dope is nummber 1

1# seed & probagation.

2# growing & harvest.

3# product & indegestion.

all paricipant of this thread are wellcommend to place there comments in either above set catagories.

if a new theme doesn't fit any of those set catagories, add 4# and so on, or lets discuss a better format if you think you could improofe on it.

you are not allowed to self incriminate in any form, swim and foaf are ok, but maybe we can talk in a semi proffessional way, ok,

and thx!!

1# seed & probagation.

seeds can be collected from your score or bought of special traders/shops.

in some places you can buy cannabis seeds legaly.

just keep it simple and don't do anything too stupid like importing seeds if you are australien.

seeds are good for 2 years or a bit more if stored cool and dry.

they will germinate over a periode of 4 to 14 days if kept quite warm.

in cold climat countries one needs to help the seed by giving them additional heat, the warm behind the fridge, on top of a flurecent lighting rod, or with a heat mat or in one of those 8watt germinating boxes sold in nursery's...

some people use and aquarium heater plus an aquarium (or clear plastic storage box) to germinate seeds and of course aswell to take cuttings!

taking good cuttings from female plants has enormous advantages as we will see later.

anyway take the seed and place it with the round thingy (the anulus) pointing upwards 5mm or a bit more mm deep into nice quality seed raising mixture or good potting mix, or peat, or jiffy, or rockwool cube, list goes on...

cannabis is a sucker for nutrients and a plant ought to be fed all the time, from seedling to maturety.

ferts with high N are favored and all one has do to is to change the fert to low N but high potash to get nice big head.

anyway, whats your hint's and experiences, with cannabis cultivation?

but please try to concentrate your knowledge so it's not boring to read...

Edited by planthelper

2# growing & harvest.

Grow outdoors. Having a couple of good sized plants growing outside is not such a big deal in the eyes of the law and will yield plenty so long as you are using, not abusing. Growing indoors and using HID lamps with advanced cultivation techniques such as S.O.G. (Sea of Green) in hydroponic mediums is a sure fire way to a criminal record.

Do not sell!!!

In my very humble opinion, if you are smoking more than an ounce every 2-3 months, you have a problem and are not respecting this very powerful plant...it has lost much of the respect it deserves in recent decades and needs to be treated with the respect she deserves. If you have a medical condition and MJ is your preferred method of self medication, then you are really stuck between a rock and a hard place until Australia recognises it's medicinal value and starts issuing legal, medical use certification like many states within the US.

When growing outdoors, grow other herbs which can mask the smell. The easiest way to get busted or have your plants ripped is to start shooting your mouth off to friends at the pub after a couple of beers. TELL NO ONE....repeat....TELL NO ONE.

Keep your mouth shut and respect MJ's power.

..This is all I have to offer this thread...I went a bit off track from just growing and harvest. Sorry, don't mean to sound preachy, I had good friends who became lost in their bongs.

- Coop

1# seeds & probagation.

taking cuttings of high quality female cannabis plants has the advatage of erraticating seed production and knowing the bud already.

taking cuttings of hemp is relativly easy, if one fails it's often because of too low temperatures.

i personaly like rockwool cubes placed into a slightly bigger square plastic pot embedde in good potting mix or hydro mix.

keep the cuttings short 4 or more nodes and remove halve or up to two third's of the leaves,

the boottom twofan leaves might get removed totaly.

you cut the plant with a razor blade just underneath a node (which is the spot where the leaves jump out of the stem)

and apply some hormon. i like to wound the cutting by driving the razor blade right thru the centre of the stem, splitting the latter by just a few mm, depending on the thickness of your cuttings.

one need's to have a source of artificial light to be able to grow cuttings of hemp for a prolonged time,

because one needs to controll the plants photo periode (day/night lengh) to keep them growing.

that leads to...

2# growing & harverst.

for a cannabis plant to flower the light cycle has to be short 10h or so.

for the plant to grow vegetativly give them up to 24 h of light.

anyway, just an example.

one germinates some seeds in early spring, and harverst's the nuggets a few month's later in autumn.

but you don't kill the plant, you just cut all the bud's off and trim the plant back, just to leave behind some of the inmature shoots right towards the bottom of your plant.

now place the plant into a 24h light chamber.

just some fluros are good enough, if you use fluros, than try to prune your plant so it fit's nicely underneath the light.

the big hydro light's i would not recommand maybe just a 250 watts metal halide light if you realy have to.

i would always recommand to keep your growing ventures a secret, and just a very small operation.

you don't want to use cannabis often, if you use it only once or twice a week, a single plant could mean your years supply!

back to the topic, the plant which gave you just some nice resinous bud's, is starting to re juvinate now, under that much light and you might take cuttings of this plant now, as it's growing fast again...

after a few weeks under 24h or even just 18h you can put this plant into your garden again and it will flower straight away,

because where you are it's spring or late winter and the photo periode is still short.

now, two months or so later you will have harverest this plant the second time for sinsemila head already!! :wub:

but the good thing is, summer is comming and if you are lucky even the natural sunlight will be enough to,

for the second time turne a, budding female into a vegetativly growing plant.

if you re shoot a plant with 24h of artificial light, if you can, give the plant as much direct sunlight aswell,

but that means to carry the plants...

sometimes you might want to even turn your summer into a winter by forcing plants to flower early, for that you have to carry the plant from your garden, secret spot, windowsill, to an absolute dark room (shed? block all light out) and there she will start to flower.

this would mean 2 months of daily routine, so maybe better to put the artificial light chamber on flowering cycle (10h or less?, opinons please!!), and place the plant there. again if you have time carry the plant into the real sunlight as often as you can, but be carefull because plants which haven't recieved direct sunlight for a few months are very sensitive to sunlight and must be hardent out. this means to carefull give the plant more and more sunlight over a given periode (7 to 14 days?!

sometimes you can do this for quite a while but naturaly one would always look for a new and maybe better cultivar.

but that's crap, better cultivar my arse, i tell you i have never ever smoked bad mj,

it all was good in it's own destinctive way's,

apart from having to smoke big fanleaves,

but we never did that, or did we?? B)

Growing and harvest...a friend once took a single Hindu kush cutting and instead of placing it in a small single cube of rock wool, they placed the one cutting in a slab of rockwool 3'x3' :wink: this thing took off at an alarming rate, with the roots being thrown as wide as the rockwool and the top mirroring the roots...I have never seen anything so freaky before with a clone...this thing just went ballistic and was 3 foot wide and 1 foot tall at 2 weeks...it became a problem child due to it's grotesquely fast mutant growing and started to lean and fall over ...it was eventually tied up with line to support the branches till they hardened off somewhat...was a freaky experiment that's for sure.

H.

Can i just ask, the seedlings seem to send a deep taproot initially, so would starting them in normal sized seedling trays (the short 5cm deep ones) be terribly detrimental to their growth patterns later on?

I know that with rivea/hbwr etc deep pots inititally will lead to strong growth before too long, but cannabis seems to be a bit more forgiving..

# 4 Product & Ingestion -thc acetate

so has anyone come across solid research regarding this chemical or is it all just amyth i have never heard of it on the streets anywhere ? Its one aspect of cannabis extraction etc that has alawys played on my mind whether some one has ever created it from my understanding it would still be illegal under our stupid analouge and homolouge law but the only one reference I can find to it seems it has very powerful and somewhat spritual properties in comparison to THC and also has amazing potency a little more then double THC on the Adam's scale

Was also wondering if there is any solid reaserach on THCV as an iisolated chemical as well

post-4908-1246592847_thumb.jpg Keep it organic ,give her at least one seed{cross},cherish that new car smell.

kiwi.jpg

kiwi.jpg

Edited by blowng

:drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2:

post-4908-1246592847_thumb.jpg Keep it organic ,give her at least one seed{cross},cherish that new car smell.

Would love some information on proper curing :)

Cool dark well vented room , place the herb in glass jars vent every 3 or 4 hours for about 4-5 days so I seem to remember reading somewhere

EDIT: that would be following the 8 days of drying

Edited by neoshaman

# storage and curing

Hang the buds up side down with pegs off some string in a place where there is a lot of airflow and keep out of direct light...in the last few days of drying lay them down on newspaper and cover with another piece of newspaper and place a large heavy flat object on the buds...this flattens then and has the news paper drawing any moisture out of a lot more surface area...this method works a treat.

H.

MJ Seeds are illegal in Aus thus the following is about legal species....... mostly tomatoes and climber beans :)

#1 Place beaners in a cup of water and place in a semi-warm dark area. Wait 24 hours and check, beaners that have sunk plant in seed raising mix/prop mix. Keep temp up and soil moisture. Propagation, either in a bubble cloner or aerocloner, easy to do and make seach on google.

#2 Herd SWIM likes 18/6 for vegative growth, 12/12 flower. Outdoors early sep, finish late feb early march. Blast with N during growth and switch to P & K during flowering, also check out the benefits of molasses. Pot size depends upon the desired size of plant. PH 6.5-7.

rabbits eat plants like its going out of fashion, chicken wire cages help.

Loose Lips, sink ships.

Only double the potency? Your liver can metabolise d9-THC to 11-HO-THC no worries neoshaman, with a potency several orders of magnitude higher. Brownies!

Would love some information on proper curing :)

once the herb is dry (4 weeks drying)

you close the bag which holds the herb, which will trap some moisture and this might cure it and than store open again.

but basicly "time" is the best cure.

cureing happens naturally, by flutiations of temperature and moisture.

i think buds have to be at least 6 months in storage, before smoking,

because well cured (long well stored) dope is not so harsh, as fresh badly cured/dried mj.

2# growing & harvest.

Can i just ask, the seedlings seem to send a deep taproot initially, so would starting them in normal sized seedling trays (the short 5cm deep ones) be terribly detrimental to their growth patterns later on?

yes, would already have negativ impact.

conserving the tap root is specialy important if you want to plant out into the wild...

the pots you use for raising your seedlings would have to be tall and slim.

but giving very big pot's too early is not a good idea either, as most of us would agree.

if you repot a root bound plant, it's better to prune the roots, than to leave the roots long or tangled...

it's amazing how one can grow hemp practicaly everywhere and rather grow your own than to have to score,

unless you have a well payed job, that is...

i heard of plants hidden up at corniferious trees, and planted out at banks of gullies after tunneling thru the lantana,

and i have seen plants growing just behind early mornig sun recieving windows.

And timing the harvest?

It has been said that various cannibanoids are in different concentrations at different times in the flowering cycle (e.g CBD having lower concentration in most mass produced hydro because of the timing of harvest).

Have also heard that to add some extra flavour to the bud you can add some dried fruit or something to the bag during curing.

Peace

# storage and curing

i want to talk about storage, and not just for MJ this can be used for heaps of things.

after curing this would come in handy,

post-4338-1246674754_thumb.png

Also think this helps with curing, makes a very tight bundle like a brick,

After it is all packed another good storage method is to get a pvc pipe with one end sealed and the other end that is threaded so you can put a lid on it. spray the outside with browns and greens etc. then chuck in the bush.

Edited by spacemonk

And timing the harvest?

It has been said that various cannibanoids are in different concentrations at different times in the flowering cycle (e.g CBD having lower concentration in most mass produced hydro because of the timing of harvest).

Have also heard that to add some extra flavour to the bud you can add some dried fruit or something to the bag during curing.

Peace

4# Product & Ingestion

my personell view is to rather harvest early than late, in short i find early harvests, uplifting, buzzing, and good for working.

late harvest seem to produce more of a couch stone which makes you sleepy.

as a general rule it's said to harvest when most of the hairs have turned brown, but 1/3 of them are still fresh and white.

1# seed & probagation

one, not so often told fact are all female seeds, those seeds will only produce female offspring which obviously has enormous advantages.

all female seeds are produced by pollinating a female with male pollen produced by a female plant.

some people might want to go into details about what type of flower this is but this is not important to your success in this matter.

those male flowers appear as single and isolated flowers on a normal female plant, often they are located more towards the bottom of the plant...

we are not talking hemaphrodites here, if your plant turn hemaphrodite than throw away all the seeds and try a better strain next time.

obviously this pollen is very precious and once you applied it to your best females, you can place one of those metal thingies you use to seal plastic bags to mark the area of the plant you pollinated, so you are remebered of what you did with this plant.

2# growing & harvest

don't be afraid of trying to grow your own!

a very save way would be to grow plants in the wild and to visit the site only rarly.

the first time you do this probably most if not all your plants will die prematurly, but once you get better, finding better spots and methodes, some plants will give you good yields and from there on you are on a winner, because if it worked last season it will work next year aswell! :rolleyes:

finding spots to grow cannabis can be a very exciting adventure, one of the best spots i ever heard about was a pot suspended with strings behind a fence guarding a railway line!

full sun, but pratically no access to the site, but yet so close to just simply go there when it's quiet and pour some water and nutes over the fence into the pot.

sometimes you can get lucky and find a spot where all you have to do is to plant out and come back after a few months and collect the bud's.

if your planst have been sexed before you are laughing and can plant out a few plants in a group, if there is the risk of males, than just plant out one single plant per location or you have to go and look out for males again and again, which is a bit of a hassle.

#2 growing & harvest

do not fertilise 2-4 weeks before harvest particularly if hydro.

#3 Product and Indigestion (sic)

Cure with (a little) lime, lemon or orange peel for a twist of fruit flavour (pre-sterilised in the microwave?).

Get a vaporiser. don't mix with tobacco. Goes well with Damiana and occasionally Kanna. Consume only when appropriate.

First of all, seeds keep up to 10 years or longer if kept in the fridge. Secondly, you can induce flowering by shortening the day length but no shorter than 12 hours. 12/12 is the normal flowering period. Let the plants grow vegetatively for at least 6 weeks before switching to flower mode. Keep in mind that they will continue to grow taller while flowering so if you have only so much head room in an indoor garden keep that in mind. You can bend down the growing tips and hold them in place with twist ties to keep the tall ones short. Don't cut them when they are flowering but topping plants while in veg is a good idea to produce short stocky plants.

Avoid so called all female seeds. They are more properly called all hermy seeds. Hermaphrodites is what they are and you will almost certainly get some male flowers before harvest. Even one male flower can cause serious pollenation and greatly reduce your yield. Use seeds and remove the males or take cuttings from females and use them. A good trick is to take cuttings from all your plants, number them and root them. Then, when you know which are the females and which ones turned out the best, you know which cuttings are the best plants and will turn out to be females. Keep your clones in veg mode and take cuttings from them. They will turn out to be all female.

As for curing, chopping, removing leaves and letting them dry in the shade seems to work fine. All that slow cure and lemon peel junk just encourages mold. Speaking of mold, it can be a major problem for growing plants. A spray of ordinary baking soda will keep that down. One teaspoon per gallon of water will do the trick about once a week after they begin flowering. Adding a spreader sticker to the spray is not a bad idea either.

Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Stonhenge sounds like your versed on indoor growing. Personally i never got the whole deal about adding orange or lemon peel to rehydrate buds, as said before it invites mold.

For storage, just allow to dry, then put in mason jars and open periodically.

When to harvest, well invest in a small magnification loupe 5-10x , everyone has personal preferences about the sort of high they want. And by determining the ratio of matured resin glands to un-matured, when you harvest, provides a good standard to go by for any strain.

SWIM likes to let them go the full flower period, as they really chunk on the weight in the last few weeks, and allows for a good flush to get rid of residual salts.

Outdoor growers should become aware of the summer and winter solstice, and have an idea of day length and its effect on the sacred plant.

stay safe everyone

If you like rolling your own sushi rolls and buy those seaweed sheets ,keep hold of those large packets of desiccant and add them to your cured stash. That will maintain their dry state reducing the possibility of mould and also helps speed up the process of hurried drying, good for shrooms too.

Avoid so called all female seeds. They are more properly called all hermy seeds.

1# seed & probagation

i strongly disagree!

a female plant which produces, one or two single male flowers can't be thrown into the same bucket as the bloody hermy plants which have lot's of male flowers.

aswell those male flowers are only to be found at the bottom of the plant, which would hardly cause any sinsemilla problems.

4# Product & Ingestion

the idea with the desiccants is very good, blowng, and that reminds me of what is the most important thing, and that is to store your product right.

nothing is more frustrating than after caring for a plant for months, to find you baged your stash to early and it started to mold. thats why i would never "cure" adding fruits or by sealing semi fresh herb airtight in a bag.

smoking moldy weed, is extreemly harsh on the lungs, apart from the posibilety of health concerns.

#2 growing & harvest

if your plants stay small and flower right away, than one can easely plant a few of them out in either your own garden or somewhere else, the trick here is that most people overlook small dope plants.

but you need to produce a few cuttings and time your planting out correctly so that they will flower right away.

Planthelper, you are right about avoiding mold. It's far better to do a quick dry than stretch it out and get mold. I will have to respectfully disagree on your assessment of so called "all female" plants. It's a scam and it matters not how low on the plant the male flowers are found. If there is a breeze it can pollenate a lot of seeds.

Professional growers usually know to stay away from hermies. If you tend your plants every day there is a chance you can pull the male flowers before they release very much pollen. A chance. If you go away or have too many plants to check every nook and cranny each and every day carefully, then it's nuts to use hermie seeds, which is what they are. Use clones from a plant that was female and not hermie. That is the one and only way to get all female plants. I've heard from people who bought those hermie seeds and got all males. The males may have had a few female flowers.

Pot is naturally hermie and the best thing you can do is breed only those plants that have not gone that way. C99 is one breed that never gives hermie females. But sometimes the males go hermie. Since most people don't use the males, it's a preferred strain.

say for example you wanted to grow a plant in your garden, or the bush, but you didn't want a 6 foot monster that was going to stick out like a sore thumb, what are your options for controlling the height?

is it best to remove the growing tip early on & hope for bushiness rather than height?

or would it be better to plant much later in the season, say December or January, so that they only get so many days ov vegetative growth before the days start to get shorter & induce flowering?