The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zarathustra

Anyone interested in wholesale premium Kratom, via a group purchase?

I would be interested too and legality isn't an issue here either...

A certain cafe in Adelaide (and, presumably, Cairns) seems to be blissfully unaware of the legislation.

Darklight:

Actually the S9 thang doesn't become effective til May 1.

Taken from the October post meeting minutes where mitragynine was added to the schedule:

The amendments arising from this notice will be incorporated into SUSDP 18 Amendment 3(effective date 1 May 2004), unless otherwise indicated, which should be available for purchase in April 2004.

So there still is time to purchase, import and consume legally. But not a lot of time   :(

That means we have another month before we can't order kratom right? I certainly hope so as I need to get my hands on some...

Ooops!

Sorry, I stuffed up. Yes kratom does indeed become illgal on the 1st of May (not on 1st of april).

Hi people,

Sorry about the delay, but as Torsten mentioned, my user profile was 'eaten'.

Anyway - yes, the deal is still 'on' for those of you that got in before I had to close it. I lost all my personal messages, but fortunately, my pm's were being forwarded to my e-mail address anyway, so I think I have everyone. I'll send a pm to all of you later.

I wired the money to Kavaman yesterday, and should have the Kratom in my hands within a couple of weeks. Unforunately, due to the size of the order, it will be shipped to me first (here in the U.S.), and I will then re-ship it back out to you guys - so, I'll need to add shipping costs.

With regards to getting 'in' on the deal - sorry, but it is too late for that. I've already sized and placed the order - and sent the funds. Will I have extra to sell? Well, yes. As I mentioned earlier, the price was good enough that I decided to max my credit cards and buy a large quantity to resell. So, I'm busy building my website at the moment ;-)

In the meantime, and especially if you live in Australia, I recommend that you order from Kavaman.

Umm, I think that's it. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Mike, aka, Mr. Kratom

John_Barleycorn:

A certain cafe in Adelaide (and, presumably, Cairns) seems to be blissfully unaware of the legislation.

Which cafe in Adelaide is this?

Its not illegal here yet so they wont be taking it off the shelves for untill May 1st...

[ 03. April 2004, 21:15: Message edited by: Antrenom ]

Hi, just wanted to post an update to everyone "in" on the deal:

Right now, it looks like I should have the Kratom in my hands by the end of next week (Friday, April 23). If that date holds, then I should be able to ship the stuff back out to you guys by Monday, April 26.

I'll send out pm's to everyone early-to-mid next week with explicit instructions on how to proceed.

In the meantime, I may be slow to respond, as I am spending a lot of time both at my real job, and also on my upcoming website.

FYI.

Mike, aka Mr. Kratom

Hey, Mr.Barleycorn,

I wouldn't mind knowing the name of that cafe as well! Give me a P.M. if you don't want to mention it.

Along with any secret passwords or handshakes. :P

Mr. Kratom:

If that date holds, then I should be able to ship the stuff back out to you guys by Monday, April 26.

That date better hold for reasons of legality. One week USA -> Oz is optimistic for air-mail; two weeks for surface mail. Needless to say, I would suggest using unlabelled (or even mislabelled) packaging.

John_Barleycorn:

John_Barleycorn:

If that date holds, then I should be able to ship the stuff back out to you guys by Monday, April 26.

That date better hold for reasons of legality. One week USA -> Oz is optimistic for air-mail; two weeks for surface mail. Needless to say, I would suggest using unlabelled (or even mislabelled) packaging. Considering I've never shipped anything outside of the USA before, I'm open for suggestions as to just what exactly I should put on the packaging! "Herbal Tea"?

Mr. Kratom

Another update for those "in" on the deal:

I talked to Kavaman, and he said that he has not yet received the shipment from his supplier. He said that heavy rain was delaying the drying process; the stuff must be dry before shipping. Anyway, he said it just needs another day or two of sunshine, and then it should be ready for his supplier to send it to him. Once Kavaman receives it, he will then forward it on to me.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Mike, aka, Mr. Kratom

Out of interest, do you US dudes have to provide I.D. to post international these days? We do, more or less as a result of 9/11.

We can send any mail including international without showing ID. That will change if Bush gets reelected I'm sure. Some day we will be photographed and ID'ed every time we turn around but not yet. You guys are ahead of us

Stoney

Hmm..... For the curious folk, and since they're completely on the up-and-up, the mysterious cafes it Adelaide and Cairns are the Kava Hut.

They started selling kratom over Summer, didn't they?

It's a shame it'll be stopping before I get a chance to go down there...

peace

So, Mr Kratom, did you get your shipment? Is it on the way or has it been sent? An update would be appreciated by many I'm sure.

Stoney

Stonehenge:

So, Mr Kratom, did you get your shipment? Is it on the way or has it been sent? An update would be appreciated by many I'm sure.

Stoney

Argh, no, I haven't received it yet :( Kavaman sent me an e-mail on Tuesday indicating that the Kratom was in transit to him, waiting for the next flight (Friday) to his location (offshore, not in Australia). So, theoretically, he should get it today (er, depending on the time, he may have it now.)

Anyway, I'm at the top of the anxious list, since I pre-paid for the stuff up-front :(

Sorry for the delays in updates, though - it's been hectic lately.

Hopefully I will have some good news soon!

Mike, aka, Mr. Kratom

A certain cafe in Adelaide (and, presumably, Cairns) seems to be blissfully unaware of the legislation......

and

Hmm..... For the curious folk, and since they're completely on the up-and-up, the mysterious cafes in Adelaide and Cairns are the Kava Hut.

Kavahut had been misled about the legality of kratom by their supplier. Have just had a chat to them and they certainly won't be selling anything illegal (they were told it was legal for another 6 months). Kratom herb became illegal on 1st of May. Only the plants are still legal.

Check them out for great kava though!!!

Just another update...still no Kratom! I'm trying to find out exactly what is going on. I'll post when I find out.

FYI.

Mike

John_Barleycorn:

Out of interest, do you US dudes have to provide I.D. to post international these days? We do, more or less as a result of 9/11.

No we dont. Its voluntary and dont let them tell you otherwise

Originally posted by reville:

Its voluntary and dont let them tell you otherwise

I am pretty sure it is NOT voluntary, but even if it is, then failing to provide ID will delay your parcel by upt to THREE weeks. I think this delay is totally unreasonable and is a way of forcing everyone to comply.

Mr. Kratom:

Just another update...still no Kratom!  I'm trying to find out exactly what is going on.  I'll post when I find out.

FYI.

Mike

Whew, okay - I just received a copy of an Air Waybill showing that the Kratom is finally en route to Kavaman's current location. Once he receives it, he will then need to ship it to me here in the U.S.

So, it looks like we're finally getting closer.

FYI.

Mike, aka Mr. Kratom

Well, it took a HELL of a lot longer than the two weeks that Kavaman promised, but I FINALLY have the Kratom, right now, in my house! I picked it up earlier today at the airport.

Anyway, I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up. I'll post back after I've had a chance to test the stuff out.

Mike, aka Mr. Kratom

Edit:I'm just sus about all this.

[ 18. June 2004, 07:02: Message edited by: mescalito ]