The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zarathustra

Anyone interested in wholesale premium Kratom, via a group purchase?

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in pooling money together in order to get wholesale (or at least significantly discounted) pricing on premium *Kavaman* Kratom?

I don't want to disclose in public the details of my private conversation with Kavaman, but it would be a good deal (especially considering the quality of his leaves).

We could get wholesale prices (around 50% of retail) if we could purchase 50Kgs - but, that would be a lot of money to raise.

Of course, with Kratom soon becoming illegal in Oz, now would be a good time to make one last big purchase.

If anyone is interested in this *potential* group purchase, please send me a private message indicating:

1. How much you can contribute (please indicate the currency, btw.)

2. How much you currently pay for Kratom (i.e., price per gram or Kg). Also, please let me know the quality of the Kratom, and the source (with link.)

Even if you are not interested in a group purchase, I'd still appreciate knowing how much you pay for Kratom, either via private e-mail or in this thread. I will then post a summary of the prices.

Thanks,

Mr. Kratom

I purchased 28g (1 Ounce) of powdered form from iamshaman. I extracted the powder twice into 1L simmering(light boil) water for 1hr each time. I strained with a coffee filter and evaporated it down at a light boil and threw 2tsp of spent powder back in to give it a bit more substance. I divided the resulting mixture into 4, making a ball of 1/4 and baking the rest to dryness at 65F. I tried some of the dried material (1/8 of 28g total = 3.5g worth) and I'm not sure if it had an effect, if it was placebo effect or just my morning coffee. I'll try 1/4 next time and repost if I notice anything.

Sorry, I don't think I'd be interested in going in on that much yet. I'm not a fiend for it, but I haven't really experienced what I've heard it can do.

Interestingly, iamshaman states that the product is not for human consumption (like S.d. was when I once bought it) but they give you a damn recipe on how to prepare it!!??

It's about $10 USD/28g

[ 20. March 2004, 08:28: Message edited by: Plant Pimp ]

50% of retail is not that cheap. I'd expect a better deal. Are you talking about 50% of the quantity price? That might be OK. Let us know specifics and your might get more interest.

Stoney

Stonehenge:

50% of retail is not that cheap. I'd expect a better deal. Are you talking about 50% of the quantity price? That might be OK. Let us know specifics and your might get more interest.

Stoney

Okay, I just got a reply with the specifics. Its a very good price - so good, I'm going to have to write back and verify that we're talking about the same quality stuff and the same currency and all. The only catch is quantity - we'd have to buy a lot. But the price is so good (again, I hope there hasn't been a miscommunication) that I'm ready to max out my credit cards to buy as much as I can, enough to resell it, even.

I don't think it would be appropriate to publicly disclose Kavaman's wholesale prices, but if anyone who is interested would just send me a private message agreeing not to talk about these prices publicly, I will respond with the actual amount. Again, this is just to protect my private conversation with Kavaman - I don't think anybody would appreciate having private information posted in public forum, ya know what I mean?

Crap I'm excited!

Mike, aka Mr. Kratom

Just a quick reply to let everyone know that I have confirmed with Kavaman that there wasn't a typo on the price, and it is indeed for the good stuff. So, again, send me a private message for the price - and remember not to talk about it publicly.

Thanks,

Mike, aka Mr. Kratom

I originally did some numbers when this kratom scheduling issue came up, and figured my test monkey and his missus could use about 250g to get them by for a year or two until a plant source was obtained (right, in Canberra, get real)! I am committed to secrecy, but all I can say is that the bulk price is very, very competitive, especially given the reputed quality, and that buying 250g would be trivial for any wage earner. So folks, let's make this deal happen before time runs out.

And Kavaman, if you're listening, how about replying to your PMs at EBA! I realise the site has been down and all, but ...

[ 21. March 2004, 13:20: Message edited by: John_Barleycorn ]

do we send the money to you or straight to kavaman?

it would make me less nervous about it if it went to kavaman. not that i dont trust someone that i've never met offerning me cheap prices on something... :)

%simon

john_barleycorn- kavaman's lost his EBA password and hasn't heard back from eccles as to what he can do about it :)

As for a plant source of kratom in Canberra, I got a plant from planthelper at the end of Summer, half of it got eaten by a bloody possum on its first night in Canberra, and it has since been doing tremendously well!

I'd be interested to know what this price is... Although I have enough to last me for some time.

-=kitty=-

PS- Don't worry about whether or not you can trust him, Kavaman's a great guy! :D :D

better get your skates one - only 8 days left before scheduling.

yeah i'm gonna join in. pretty good prices.

I feel like I've missed out on something....

So it's definitely being scheduled?? From talking to people I was under the impression that it was just going to be subject to the same import restrictions as kava & khat...

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the replies, both here and in private. At this point, I'm afraid that I must close the deal to any new orders :( Everyone that has already joined in will continue to get updates from me as the details are worked out. It will take about 2-3 weeks for Kavaman to fulfill the order. There's no need to pay me upfront - I'm going to put it all on my credit card. We'll work out my reimbursement later.

FYI, and thanks for everyone's interest!

Mike, aka Mr. Kratom

Mitragyine was scheduled in S9 of the therapeutic goods act in september 2003. This will come into force on the 1st of april 2004.

Under the act any preparation containing mitragynine will be covered under the same law. A dried herb is regarded as a preparation!!

The only thing that this law does not cover is the living plant, however this is being considered separately and will most likely be announced as S9 in the next few weeks (coming into force later in the year).

The Therapeutic Goos act is automatically incorporated in all state drug acts, except victoria. hence any such offence will be prosecuted under the state drug act of whatever state you are in.

In victoria the therapeutic goods act is enacted under the state's therapeutic goods act which means that any prosecution will happen under this act rather than the drug act (much lower penalties - no jail). Victoria usually schedules all federal drugs in it's own drug schedules within a short time, so check your drug act.

I should mention that S9 is NOT like kava. Don't know who's been spreading untruths here but this issue should not be underestimated!! The same selfserving statements were circulated when salvia was being scheduled, but in the end my interpretation of the act was spot on! The scheduling os kratom is a lot less confusing. At the time of salvia scheduling some people undermined my warnings by saying that the TGA has no power on a state level. This was proved wrong. They also said that the TGA only controls medicines and does not schedule plants. This also turned out to be totally wrong.

The scheduling puts kratom in the same league as heroin or mdma in terms of legal penalties.

Mr. Kratom:

It will take about 2-3 weeks for Kavaman to fulfill the order.

Which could mean there isn't enough time to allow for local delivery and legal consumption before it goes S9 in Australia- please everyone keep this in mind when ordering products so you don't take unecessary risks

Thanks for clearing that up Torston. Yeah, I was under the impression it would become S4 (4?? Mmmm, too tired to remember numbers...).

Shite, I can't believe I missed that for six months...

I remember a discussion with...umm, somebody over at EBA who was saying that herbal teas are exempt from the SUSDP, and theorising that one could legally sell & use salvia if it were to be taken as a tea.

This would obviously be even more true (if there IS any truth to it) with kratom, because tea's a great way to have it...

*sigh* what a sad bloody world... Maybe it's just an April fool's joke! :)

Actually the S9 thang doesn't become effective til May 1.

Taken from the October post meeting minutes where mitragynine was added to the schedule:

The amendments arising from this notice will be incorporated into SUSDP 18 Amendment 3(effective date 1 May 2004), unless otherwise indicated, which should be available for purchase in April 2004.

So there still is time to purchase, import and consume legally. But not a lot of time

The only thing that this law does not cover is the living plant, however this is being considered separately and will most likely be announced as S9 in the next few weeks (coming into force later in the year).

Is this already official or is there a (however slim) chance kratom as a plant may escape prohibition?

Darklight:

Actually the S9 thang doesn't become effective til May 1.

Taken from the October post meeting minutes where mitragynine was added to the schedule:

The amendments arising from this notice will be incorporated into SUSDP 18 Amendment 3(effective date 1 May 2004), unless otherwise indicated, which should be available for purchase in April 2004.

So there still is time to purchase, import and consume legally. But not a lot of time   :(

Cool, that should be enough time, then. You guys keep me posted if there are any changes, though. It's no problem if anyone needs to backout.

Thanks,

Mike, aka Mr. Kratom

gomaos:

Is this already official or is there a (however slim) chance kratom as a plant may escape prohibition?

Slim, I reckon. I hope :)

Hey,im willing to take part in the group purchace if your still doing it...would send a PM your not regestered. My E-mail is [email protected] so we can discuss it further. It would be awesome to make one more order before it becomes illegal.

Cheers,

Antrenom

[ 31. March 2004, 19:35: Message edited by: Antrenom ]

Mr Kratom, sorry, your profile got 'eaten' by the server. Please sign up under a different name and I'll try and resurrect you at a later date if needed.

Guest electro

i'm up for buying some of this too before it becomes illegal.

email me @

[email protected]

if there is any spare :)

cheers

[ 01. April 2004, 17:56: Message edited by: electro ]

ummm, too late. It's the first of april today and that's no april fool's joke.

So, what is the status of the deal? Are you still there, Mr K? I got the email saying I was in and reconfirmed my interest but have not heard anything more. Has anyone else heard anything? I'm in the states so I have no concern about legality.

Stoney