The Corroboree
PD.

End of year campin trip, NE Vic

well... how quickly things change. between my last post and today both my dogs got into a little bit of strife with a kangaroo and now I'm on nurse duties. there is a chance that I could still make it but it depends on recovery. I also need to save as much money as possible to pay for a double hip replacement for Dog #1 & you don't want to know how much that costs... :(:o

years ago we had to get several metal plates inserted into the leg of a shetland sheepdog this was 10 -15 years ago and it still cost a fortune then , so i only dread to think what that will cost you WT , sorry to hear about that WT hope they make a speedy recovery

Ouch WT hope your mates recover! And Neo man, if i had a dollar for every fuckwit on the road i'd be swimming in it lol. Fingers crossed somehow you'll both be able to make it in the end. As for me i'm confirmed. Hopefully friday arvo, even joined racv today just to cover all possibilities.

Catch you all on the weekend.

Cheers

Edited by Yawning Man

Shit WT, hope tha dogs are gon be ok, musta been one mutha of a roo! Look after them mate.

Shit WT, hope tha dogs are gon be ok, musta been one mutha of a roo! Look after them mate.

thanks guys, Both dogs are ok, but the one with the dodgy hips is having trouble walking which is sickening to watch. she has hip dysplasia and this seems to have made them much worse. the vet doesn't really know how bad its going to be until we can take x-rays when they settle a bit. I was at home with my feet up while my girlfriend was walking them so didn't see what happened but both dogs are pretty big. (Great Dane/english pointer & Irish wolfhound/greyhound )

The kangaroo got away too by the way.

anyway, I hope it goes well on the banks of the Murray. :wink:

Hows the situation wt? Hope all is well for you and your pups.

Soak up this rain Melbournites 'cos the BOM is forecasting a sunny warm weekend up at the border (olé) temps ranging from 16-29 over the weekend.

I am anticipating a lot of lying on my back looking at the sky.

Hows the situation wt? Hope all is well for you and your pups.

Soak up this rain Melbournites 'cos the BOM is forecasting a sunny warm weekend up at the border (olé) temps ranging from 16-29 over the weekend.

I am anticipating a lot of lying on my back looking at the sky.

Thanks for your concern Apothecary, I won't be making it to the fishing trip which is a shame as I really wanted to meet some more people and hang out with the Rutherglan locals again (I hope 'step' makes it again this year. :wub:

Dog one is doing better - the vet has given her 227mg of previcox daily which seems to be working well. her hips are still crunchy and is in pain but she is starting to feel better. The diffeculty of seeing her struggle to walk is realy hard to take but I'm starting to see improvments, the clouds are starting to part... so to speak. I can't imagine how families with real problems cope.

anyway, if the fishing trip was a week later I would be there for sure. I'm sure it will be a super relaxed weekend.

have fun :)

Edited by watertrade

Would any of the Sydney attendees mind picking up my esky from PD and holding on to it for a few weeks? - I will be Sydney in a little while but not down Victoria way until the next fishing trip.

That would be super - but not a problem if you can’t.

Cheers

Got back a few hours ago, as I kept saying all weekend (ironically) I'm speechless!

Had a really amazing time, feeling great. Huge thanks are definitely in order for PD! The site was beautiful beyond words, the weather perfect and company incomparable.

post-861-126070007709_thumb.jpg

img1299.jpg

img1299.jpg

Yeh beautiful weekend, thanks heaps to all that came along, site was awesome it was a shame to pack it all up after it seemed everyone had just settled in. Private lagoon amphitheatre frog chorous and all, what more could ya ask for :P. All goes too quickly though, next time have to make it a few days longer i think!

if you could make it in the school holidays next time that would be awesome.

Thanks again PD. I look forward to the next one.

I had a great time. I haven't felt that relaxed in a long while. B)

Edited by KanJe

if you could make it in the school holidays next time that would be awesome.

Yeh mentioned quickly yesterday that maybe January would be a better time of year to have the next one. More ppl have time off so could go for longer and just before christmas aint the best time for alot of folk. Long way off so see what ppl think when the time comes i guess.

Yeh mentioned quickly yesterday that maybe January would be a better time of year to have the next one. More ppl have time off so could go for longer and just before christmas aint the best time for alot of folk. Long way off so see what ppl think when the time comes i guess.

Thanks PD and friends for getting supplys and providing shade, it was nice and hot up there! Hard to leave such a nice place like that. It was a great weekend.

I am down for a Jan camping trip, will be really hot around then too!

Glad you guys had fun and sorry I couldn't make it.

PD puts on a pretty good campin trip :)

^Seconded. Damn shame I missed out, I'm not surprised y'all had a blast. Fingers crossed for next time.

Haha Sharxxx, all that shade and i still get burnt to hell. I had a mad time, weather was perfect (not too hot) spot was quiet and beautiful and the people the BEST! Was awesome to meet a heap of new people and put faces to names as always. Can't wait for next year and all that cod i'll be catching and all the sun burn i wont be getting :rolleyes:

cheers

sharxx, you got tha pics of tha site mate?

thanks everyone for a great night camping.

Spewing we couldn't stay longer.

How did the fish cook up?

post-5030-126083217049_thumb.jpg

Tell Nat that the fish tasted amazing. PD did a great job with preparation and cooking it.

Also tell her that after the guys tried and tried again, she caught the first and last fish.:rolleyes:

yeah what a great weekend, weather was good besides the sunburn, couldn't ask for better really.

was really good to meet some new faces and catch the old ones too.

Big congrats to Nat for catching the only fish, tasted amazing, thanks!, better than incog and his nasi goreng :o:wink:

Thanks to all, especially pd and locals for getting things set up and running and for the great weekend.

so what did yas catch? how many? what on?

seconded that PD bungs on a mad camp, and Nat is an awesome host.

Interbeing's partner caught the only fish, target of the cheesefest, a cod. :worship:

Was an old kids marine rod that i've had for a good 15 years with no line change, can't believe it didn't break :o

So fill us in pak, get any fish up north? Have a good time?