The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Hendry

Way to go Indians!

Indians fight back

It's funny how the media blames Australians for being racist when it is African "refugees" who are attacking the Indians for fun. The policy of granting citizenship to muslims from war torn Africa (Somalia, Sudan) is naive to say the least.

Indians fight back

It's funny how the media blames Australians for being racist when it is African "refugees" who are attacking the Indians for fun. The policy of granting citizenship to muslims from war torn Africa (Somalia, Sudan) is naive to say the least.

dude, where in that article does it say the attackers are African refugees?

please dont spread racist propaganda.

have u seen, read what the somali and sudanese refugees where escaping???

The victim allegedly said: "You are black. You don't belong here. Go away from our country".

Police described the two men they want to speak to over the attack as aged between 23 and 29 years old and dark skinned.

WTF...how did you come to the conclusion they where African "refugees"....pretty fucked up story in many ways IMO...one an Indian...I'm thinking Indian means Pakistani or Bangladeshi... claiming that this country is his.... and telling another ethnic group to leave... :wacko: ....just goes to show how much racism there is here in OZ in all races, right down to minority groups.... :(

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

Indians fight back

The policy of granting citizenship to muslims from war torn Africa (Somalia, Sudan) is naive to say the least.

Can you reference this policy?

There is no such policy as far as I know - asylum seekers all go through the same process regardless of location and religion.

this is most likely about the shri lankan /tamil conflict........tamils are an originally indian ethnic group i think?

t s t .

A crock of shit, lets see the official statistics on assaults in australia and then sub divide them into ethnic groups and im sure its pretty much a free for all.

As for the latest fighting, they where not african, it was indians vs middle easterners,both of which have not really been assimilated into oz culture, of course there may be tensions (especially when the media is loving the drama).

The media is playing a gigantic role in puffing this up as a good news story..both in india, and australia.

Comming from a Greek background, my dad and uncles got into their fare share of "racist" propaganda.

I say, FUNK IT and let nature take its course.

Can you reference this policy?

There is no such policy as far as I know - asylum seekers all go through the same process regardless of location and religion.

Here you go: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/andrew...1091364616.html

Unfortunately you are wrong! The government lets in people from some of the most fucked up parts of the world and the most backwards ass cultures on earth with no hope of assimilation whilst discriminating against those who would be better suited to be Australian citizens, a policy that has cost this country dearly.

In 2007 the government reduced the number of african (sudanese) immigrants from 70% to 30% due to public outrage over the FACT that so many of them were congregating in gangs, committing violent crimes, rape, etc, more than the rest of the community and just failing to integrate in general.

A wise move IMO although it was wrong to allow so many into the country in the first place.

A friend of mine runs a boxing gym in an area with a high population of sudanese people, many of whom wish to train there but he regularly has to have people blood tested before they can fight and has had to knock back MANY sudanese people because they have aids! Therefore it does not surprise me to see so many stories of sudanese youths knowingly spreading aids in the media, often without even having consent for sexual intercourse and infecting girls as young as 13.

The policy of granting citizenship to muslims from war torn Africa (Somalia, Sudan) is naive to say the least.

The policy of granting citizenship to muslims is a bad idea full stop.

Funny how so many idiots out there feel sorry for sudanese people cause of what some of them are going through in their county yet are too stupid to realise that islam is the cause of that conflict and want to import muslims by the boatload to come and fuck up this country :rolleyes:

Islam is a disease of the mind! The idea should be to contain and halt the spread of infection at the very least, not allow the infection to spread to this country!!

Edited by baphomet

Here you go: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/andrew...1091364616.html

Unfortunately you are wrong!

that is not a reference to a policy - it is a statement by a news paper that

'the Government has reduced their proportion of the intake to 30 per cent, from 70 per cent in 2004-05.'

which is actually incorrect - ref - DIMIA Annual Report 2004-05 'Africa-70.16 per cent of total offshore grants, the same percentage as in 2003-04'

the difference is -

granting citizenship to muslims from war torn Africa (Somalia, Sudan)

compared to

protection visas for any religion from persecution in their home country

and the rest of what you said... your an idiot. :lol:

*Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) is now The Department of Immigration And Citizenship (DIAC)

Edited by watertrade

The government decides on the level of intake of migrants from certain countries so while the process may be the same in terms of paperwork, etc, location is a factor in deciding whether they are allowed into this country in the first place, your the idiot here! :wacko:

As far as I know most of the immigrants from sudan are escaping violence at the hands of muslims, I never once inferred that the religion of asylum seekers is a factor taken into consideration, my point is that it should be!!

that is not a reference to a policy - it is a statement by a news paper that

'the Government has reduced their proportion of the intake to 30 per cent, from 70 per cent in 2004-05.'

which is actually incorrect - ref - DIMIA Annual Report 2004-05 'Africa-70.16 per cent of total offshore grants, the same percentage as in 2003-04'

... your an idiot. :lol:

:bootyshake: Check your dates dickhead, the article was written in 2007 and is talking about events that occurred that week! (2007 was also the date mentioned in my previous post) What's your point about 03 - 05? From what I can see your just corroborating the figures quoted in the article.. Maybe you should learn to read before calling people names you fkn retard!! :wave-finger:

Edited by baphomet

I think it's funny how often these racial arguments pop up in the "CHILL SPACE FORUM" :rolleyes:

H.

I will just say that for many years I traveled along the St Albans lines and it was always, without exception, sudanese/tongan (more so the tongan beef) gangs causing shit. They would literally ride the same train for hours and just walk up and down the carriages looking for someone to rob or bash or who knows what.

Not to say I have a problem with black fellas :P If we are talking about people getting mugged on trains though, I would bet it was the black fellas before the white fellas.

Edited by kenny

:bootyshake: Check your dates dickhead, the article was written in 2007 and is talking about events that occurred that week! (2007 was also the date mentioned in my previous post) What's your point about 03 - 05? From what I can see your just corroborating the figures quoted in the article.. Maybe you should learn to read before calling people names you fkn retard!! :wave-finger:

Ok, I accept I misread the article - therefore making the DIMIA report useless. The rest of what I said still stands. (It was also answering Hendry's post)

& I don't withdraw calling you an idiot, that I don't have to prove to anyone here. ;)

& if I thought arguing with you would help either of us understand each others opinions better I would give it a go, but to be honest I know you just argue for the sake of arguing. Also, there is so much wrong information in your post - I don't have the energy.

To be fair to Hendry, I'm sure he didn't mean 'policy' as a true government policy but rather a 'trend' in decisions.

this will be the last I post in this thread!

sucked in........live n learn......you got better things to do with ya life!

t s t .

i've always felt that australia generally possesses this latent racism that likes to come out when it's safe to do so e.g. cronulla riots. but what does my walnut-sized ethnic brain know?

"The doctrine of the equality of man was never intended to apply to the equality of the

Englishman and the Chinaman."

-- edmund barton,

"I'm not in favour of going back to a White Australia policy. I do believe that if it is -- in the eyes of some in the community -- that it's too great, it would be in our immediate-term interest and supporting of social cohesion if it (Asian immigration) were slowed down a little, so the capacity of the community to absorb it was greater."

-- john howard

When I was working as an service tech last year I used to my rounds out at Blacktown I was allways bamboozled by how many Sudanese guys with really awful baggy jeans and basketball tops on, where simply hanging around in the middle of the day, around shopping precincts doing absolutely nothing...I guess they just stand out more than other minority groups but I have to say I got the feeling that none of the men in those groups had any interest in working or becoming part of the workforce...maybe people just don't wanna hire them out of pure rascism but there certainly are a lot of these people out of work and they must all be on welfare....why the hell is the Gov't allowing people in that are potentially going to become dole bluggers ....surely they could see it coming or is it all done under refugee status...even so these people are going to build families and so on and personally I don't see the situation getting any better for them job wise...do you..?

What happens when men have too much time on their hands...and no job...it's not hard to work out...I see a few of the women have been able to obtain work I see a few of them as cleaners and the occasional cashier....mainly because they have to feed their babies and they have a higher desire to look after them selves...but these young Sudanese guys with their phones and expensive looking clothes are not, in my eye.... remotely interested in working and integrating into an Australian lifestyle.

Oh and Baph you really did not need to go on such a verbal rampage with WT...you sound like tool when you swear and use those icons so heavily...being condescending and using a lot of name calling...come on where are we ....high school...or down the pub looking for a fight.... :blink:

H.

edited for giving out too much info about myself...

Edited by Hunab Ku

why the hell is the Gov't allowing people in that are potentially going to become dole bluggers ....surely they could see it coming or is it all done under refugee status...

1. you can't go on the dole once you come into the country as a refugee or immigrant. for that reason you usually need a sponsor, who promises to help you e.g. medical expenses. i don't know the actual rules, but the system is set up to stop this from occuring.

2. from memory, the employment rate of immigrants is actually very high. i.e. immigrants aren't coming into this lovely country of yours and sitting on the dole.

but these young Sudnaese guys with their phones and expensive looking clothes are not, in my eye.... remotely interested in working and integrating into an Australian lifestyle.

clearly then, they must've committed a crime to afford such luxuries. :rolleyes:

1. you can't go on the dole once you come into the country as a refugee or immigrant. for that reason you usually need a sponsor, who promises to help you e.g. medical expenses. i don't know the actual rules, but the system is set up to stop this from occuring.

2. from memory, the employment rate of immigrants is actually very high. i.e. immigrants aren't coming into this lovely country of yours and sitting on the dole.

clearly then, they must've committed a crime to afford such luxuries. :rolleyes:

now now don't be putting words into my mouth ....I was not insinuating that at all...I was trying to say that they must be spending all their centrelink money on clothes and small luxuries... I am well aware about what you say about the immigrant and the 2 years before you can get the dole...thing...who knows how long they have been here some of those large groups...it's purely observationalism is all...and it's not my country Mr smarty emu pants...I've never claimed this country as mine..I'm a pommy and that's how it always will be...I have never become an Australian citizen although I do like to adopt the Australian lifestyle...particularly the Aussie ethno community they have some fine things going on in that corner of the country.

H.

An interesting thread - entertaining too.

I dont really have an opinion. I think that the majority of indian students are attacked because they walk around at 2am in dodgy areas of melbourne with their ipods on. I dont think its an active racist thing - or wasnt until the media got involved.

its the same reason that people pick on chinese students. They are generally naive and not street wise and let men with funny badges on into their houses to take their tvs because the man says he is a policeman.

Check this out - i had a chinese student in my sharehouse once and her friend asked me whether its normal for australian men to demand sex. She had been waiting at a bus stop and a man came up and said 'i want sex, you have to give it to me in Australia. This is the law.' She was going to do it until her friend told her to check whether this was true first!!

I dont think melbourne is a racist city - its more an apathetic city full of road-ragers and angry people. its not a particularly friendly city, having travelled through europe, america and central/south america id say that melbourne was pretty low on the friendlessness levels and pretty high on the violence and fuck everyone else scale. Just my opinion though.

I have noticed that a lot of indian people are quite racist. I mean ive been told by four different indian work collegues that Australia has worse literacy than India. Ive also heard that Australia is dirty, ignorant, dumb and that we are all uneducated from indian collegues. Ive never once felt the need to tell them that I am aware that only 1 in 10 people in India has - at any time in their lives - access to a functional toilet of any kind and think its quite acceptable to go down and deficate next to their neighbours in the river they drink from. I also dont tell them that i am aware that many of the students who make it to australia come from the top sections of indian society and would have relied on the 'illegal' caste and jauti systems without concern for the underprivlidged.

My point is there is bad aspects of every culture, but its the point that you have to mention it to try and prop up your own obvious deficit in superiority that demonstrates what type of person you are. And Id wager that from my experience indian people are probably more racist than other groups. I mean if Australia was so shit why come here? Ignorance is bliss I guess - by having someone to hate you can make yourself feel better.

I live in an area where muslims are common. Ive never had any trouble with them and most are quite friendly if you take the time to chat to them. I also live in an area high in asians but i speak chinese and have lived in china so I tend to get them ok.

The only trouble ive ever had is with other aussies at pubs and with maori/islanders looking for trouble. But then again, i dont live in dandenong... LOL.

Id say that sydney is a more divided city and probably a more racist city.

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

LMAO...I always enjoy your posts ZEN...

yeah and also when an Indian guy tells you he don't like this race or that race...they don't get all PC about it like we do....my missus freely rants about how she hates the Chinese and calls them a filthy Virus...she has no qualms about saying that and she is Asian... :huh: ...seems only a few of us are worried about and watch what we say about another culture race or religion....I've said this before but a few Chinese I've worked with have often said they think westerners are stupid and ignorant...I can imagine those hand picked Indian lads from those rich Indian families that are here slagging off the systems are happy to tell you that stuff also. I'm so tired of everyone fighting and we are so naive about it all really...racism is hardcore in other places and like Zen says it makes them feel better about their own culture.

I really wish though that the Indian guys at my local servo would get off their mobile phones and take the time to look at me when serving me...at least place my change in my hand instead of throwing it on the counter for me to collect as the coins go rolling to the ground.

H.

is it just me or is ur post a total contradiction Hunab??

Oh and Baph you really did not need to go on such a verbal rampage with WT

Yea.. true... I usually remain fairly composed considering the heated discussions I often end up in but for some reason he just pushed my buttons last night, sorry Watertrade. It felt really wrong at the time too to be honest cause he does seem like a really good guy.

It pisses me off when people avoid the content of my post and make add hominem attacks, it is a cowardly act and I just can't seem to muster up much respect for people who do this (except for WT), scroll back and I'm sure you'll see where I was coming from but I over reacted and for that I am sorry.

I still maintain however that others who do this (like paradox & morgue) are feeble, cowardly little folk who are scared of engaging me in a discussion cause they know they will get fkn owned!!

They can make all the excuses they want about time constraints, etc but deep down we all know it's cause their generic, preconceived views on just about everything are flawed and can't stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny!

They deserve a cyber bitch slap :slap:

Edited by baphomet

PS: IMO indian students are less likely to be victims of violent crime but FAR more likely to whinge about it! The area's in which they claim assaults have increased, assaults have actually decreased and attacks against indians in general have steadily decreased according to police and I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that they were ever all that high to begin with and at least one of them (the cricketers cousin) has been caught telling porkies about a "racist attack". If they don't like living in one of the safest most livable cities in the world they can fuck off back to the overcrowded faeces infested call center that they call home, I wont shed a tear.

Edited by baphomet

is it just me or is ur post a total contradiction Hunab??

I'm not sure what you mean exactly Jono...point me to what you mean and I'll happily explain...if I can.

Indian culture is also notoriously bad with the way they treat their women too...some of my wifes friends include Indian ladies and they can't believe the way they are treated by their husbands...one particular Indian student whilst here in Australia had his wife come over and visit and stay with him so she could cook all his meals and mummy him while he went out and got drunk and acted like an asshole...beating her and threatening to throw her off the balcony if she didn't adhere to his demands...she became pregnant whilst here, and he in the middle of the nightly promptly vanished she thinks back to India....she didn't speak much English and was terrorfied as he was paying for her to eat and stay with him....what a fucked up thing to do to someone...I recently took an Indonesian/Muslim friend into my home for safety because her husband has been brutally beating her and she now has her own safe apartment near us so she feels safe...poor girl she also was invited over here by the husband but only to act as a maid not as a lover or wife or equal partner....just thought you might like to know of these little horror stories as they are relevant and I've been in the middle of them. It's hard for me not to go smack these 2 men in head particularly as I helped them both at some stage for this and that...one of them in particular I went right out of my way to help him with his visa application for his wife to come over...if I had known he was going to bash her every night I wouldn't have helped him at all.

H.

that's all well and good but remember tons of aussies are also low life pieces of shit and treat their partners just as badly.

Especially among the "natives".

Edited by baphomet