The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nitrogen

Is the aussie PC the same clone as the yankee PC?

Here in the USA we have the PC pachanoi, the common San Pedro - but I hear y'all talking about the aussie PC too? And then I read the aussie PC is like twice as potent as the yankee PC - what gives? Is this the same plant here?

Our PC pachanoi grows fat and reasonably quickly, but requires at least 12" to get anywhere interesting, usually 18" or more for kowabunga.. Very bitter in taste but not so potent...

Here's a flush of pups on the yankee PC..

Jan24th026.jpg

Can't answer your question, but glad to see you have that damned weed that I do.... it's sooo annoying. Most of my broken spines under the skin are as a result of pulling it out

Oxalis the bane of my existence

Can't answer your question, but glad to see you have that damned weed that I do.... it's sooo annoying. Most of my broken spines under the skin are as a result of pulling it out

Yeah and when you pull it out it takes half the pebble mulch and soil with it...grrrr I hate that stuff... :uzi:

H.

Yeah and when you pull it out it takes half the pebble mulch and soil with it...grrrr I hate that stuff... :uzi:

H.

u must admit it is a 'pretty' weed.heart shaped leaves and yellow flowers! good luck getting rid of it!

- but seriously -who knows if urs is the same than the so-called 'aussie pc'???? what is a 'aussie pc' how can u be sure??? without genetic testing?

ive grown pachs from seed that look exactly like that plant,but its not a 'pc' nor is it your plant.

only way u could tell is if u could test ones dna somehow.

Edited by incognito

Don't know what you've been reading Nitrogen but the most widely available clone here appears to be the same. That's all we can say though, "appears".

Re weeds: newspaper, about 8-10 sheets, under pebble mulch is a green method of elimination.

Edited by strangebrew

hhmm, might be the same one...

The Oxalis - gets in all my trichos - does it do any harm though? I suppose it drinks some of the water and slurps up a portion of the nutrients, but does a weed like this negatively impact growth rate or health? It is a pain in the ass - clever little plant, stems detach readily so the roots are near impossible to pull up.. And the seeds "jump" somehow, dunno what that's about... I pull it out, but really I think I'm just "pruning" it more or less, it come right back bushier than before...

I would think it could be offed by withholding water - since it's small and leafy it needs water, whereas the tricho can go for quite awhile without - so if water is withheld the Oxalis should perish soon enough, right? Well, I tried this for about 10 days, and the Oxalis was indeed looking pretty scraggly, but I broke down cause its growing season here and I want my trichos to grow...

nah oxalis is not doing any harm!!!! fixing nitrogen in the soil~! would be beneficial infact!

I think the American and the Oz predominant cultivar pachanoi IS the same thing.

had oxalis in a pot with a cactii,2 kinds,one from a bulb and creeping oxalis.

performed an experiment,pissing directly on the plants.

3 doses,one on each of 3 consecutive days, killed the oxalis .

oxalis has not reappeared,cactus may have shown a little yellowing but otherwise powered on.

t s t .

.....pissing directly on the plants.....cactus may have shown a little yellowing......hahahahahaa...from the wee wees? :lol:

nitrogen draw down in the soil?not sure if thats the right term ........but yeh,lol!

t s t .

Hey don't diss the piss!

A young plant that ended up being twice as strong as normal was pissed on regularly, albeit watered down. It's the only thing I can think off as to why it was better.

only my oldest cacti have tose pesky clovers, cant get rid of them!

hhmm, might be the same one...

The Oxalis - gets in all my trichos - does it do any harm though? I suppose it drinks some of the water and slurps up a portion of the nutrients, but does a weed like this negatively impact growth rate or health? It is a pain in the ass - clever little plant, stems detach readily so the roots are near impossible to pull up.. And the seeds "jump" somehow, dunno what that's about... I pull it out, but really I think I'm just "pruning" it more or less, it come right back bushier than before...

I would think it could be offed by withholding water - since it's small and leafy it needs water, whereas the tricho can go for quite awhile without - so if water is withheld the Oxalis should perish soon enough, right? Well, I tried this for about 10 days, and the Oxalis was indeed looking pretty scraggly, but I broke down cause its growing season here and I want my trichos to grow...

doesn't seem to slow growth in my pots....

thats creeping oxalis....it will spread to other pots.....breaking it up will make more plants ..... try my pissing tek!

t s t .

thats creeping oxalis....it will spread to other pots.....breaking it up will make more plants ..... try my pissing tek!

t s t .

1/4 strength roundup works well too, but I don't put that near my active plants.

1/4 strength roundup works well too, but I don't put that near my active plants.

its systemic yeah?

http://www.groworganic.com/item_PBT770_All...y_Herbicid.html

this is the weed spray i use, not quite as effective as round=up. just apply twice :)

Non-selective weed and grass herbicide for environmentally-responsible vegetation management. Made from a special blend of synergistic components that cause burn-down of unwanted top growth foliage. Contains citric acid, garlic, acetic acit, yucca extracts, and water. Repeat applications may be needed for perennial weeds. Use a shield when spot-treating. Approved for most food and fiber crops.

good luck killing oxalis with 1/4 strength roundup!

i put a 10'er on the oxalis.

try my pissing tek!

LOL

actually piss is very beneficial, but you need to store it a while before you pour it to the ground... but then again it won't act as an oxalis-killer!

i pee om most of my plants when i can. the thing to keep in mind is to do ir sparingly.

cacti seem to really thrive on the monthly golden shower, caapi seem to relish it, and my ibogas are particularly fond.

LOL

actually piss is very beneficial, but you need to store it a while before you pour it to the ground... but then again it won't act as an oxalis-killer!

but it did!!!

thats what i found and now i'm asking someone else to verify........one dose straight on the plant for 3 days in a row.........that was nearly a year ago and i've had no return of either oxalis!

t s t .

i pee om most of my plants when i can. the thing to keep in mind is to do ir sparingly.

cacti seem to really thrive on the monthly golden shower, caapi seem to relish it, and my ibogas are particularly fond.

I also pee at the base of my cacti, help let the animals know that it is mine dont touch and fert's them. My PC has been only fertalised with pee and the cactus is huge now it was my first trich :wub: .

Some people see it as pissing on a plant, I see it as a sharing of energy :)

Edited by sharxx101

good luck killing oxalis with 1/4 strength roundup!

i put a 10'er on the oxalis.

You'd owe me 10 ;) Oxalis is extremely susceptible to roundup. Local cacti and succulent nursery gave me the tip as it's what they use to kill the weed but avoid damage to the plants.

ok this has turned into an oxalis & urine thread & while urine is great in so many ways & theres some good suggestions about oxalis i'm gonna try to bring it back on topic & say that from my experience in australia there seems to be two distinct 'cultivars' (i use the term loosely) of the pc pachanoi circulating.

one of them is in mass production in at least one large wholesale nursery that i know. this one seems to be generally of a larger girth, is v fast growing but seems more suseptible to disease.

the other seems to be more prevelant with collectors in the ethno world. seems to have a direct link to old imported trichocereus collections in victoria & around the country. fast growing also but seems to sets basal pups MUCH more readily.

i don't know how truly distinct they are. could be they are exactly the same, the former just being jacked up from many generation of cuttings in mass production with many artificial means of growth enhancement. that said, i've been growing them for a number of years & they continue to show consistent differences.

nitrogen to me your plant looks similar to the latter plant i mentioned.

do others agree with what i just postulated?