The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
TheDudeAbides

Bananadine

from 'anadenanthera' by torres and repke,swinburne1976,studied leachate from the fruit of cavendish bananas.fruit was misted and the runoff collected.anthranilic acid and another compound were found......the latter was thought to be bufotenine.....

posted for completeness and as a source of rumour......

t s t .

It is water soluble isn't it?

I've never heard of DMSO or injections working, but I have heard of it killing plants.

Cacti aren't sterile, or rather axenic, using axenic conditions with cacti strikes me as a mistake, disinfecting invites more infection than it solves in many cases. I have yet to learn of someone rotting their cactus from letting it soak in water overnight.

I find the pumping pedro article to be outdated and pathetic.

I've seen cacti injected with (plain) DMSO - they survived. If you keep the amount small and spread it out over the entire cactus, it's OK. If you use too much, you'll cause the cactus to rot in segments. It generally recovers (but doesn't look pretty if you are one of those "cactus purists").

Dopamine hydrochloride is soluble in water but much more so in DMSO. I think 0.1M HCl is a good carrier too, can't remember what the literature article suggested as a concentration . It's the cell permeating ability of DMSO that makes it a great option. You can probably just rub DMSO/precursor solution on the skin and get some of it where needs to go (in the photosynthetic margin). Injecting into the core segment does cause the cactus to die most of the time.

Dopamine.HCl tends to turn into black quinones/dimers pretty quickly, especially on exposure to light - not sure if it's still bioavailable to the cactus.

Maybe avoid knocking anyone who is willing to give something a shot like in that "pumping your pedro's article", even if it's just a way of opening peoples mind and encouraging them to do their own research with some improvements. A starting point is better than wild guessing.

Edited by Alchemica

I read an article where bufotenine was found leaching from banana roots.

That it could leach from the fruits is very interesting.

I was told from 'someone that knows what he's talking about' that it is real but you only have one shot at it as your body gets used to it pretty fast.

I believe in it but I'm sure there are many that don't. . .

Kind of a pointless post tho as I'm not going to say my sources :(

One of the security guards at the market says hes mate tried it out many years ago. Meant to have worked from what I know. Don't hold that to me though.

Dragibus curiosa?

Dragibus curiosa?

Don't even go there Teotz LMAO I've read the thread on spiritplants LOL

I amsuming that this whole bannadine thing stems from the good old anarchists cookbook that wonderful black book that if you ever tried to manufacture any of the explosives recipes from you would more then likely end up killing yourself not to mention you would probably be locked up if the government found you in possession of despite the very dubious recipes in there

If the drugs section of this book is as fucking dodgey as the explosives section then i wouldn't go near the stuff LOL

Hand to hand combat section is the only part of the whole book that has any worthwhile info

Does the Anarchist Cookbook really contain errors?

Yes. Lots of them. A classic error is the recipe for extracting the drug bananadine from banana peels. The flaw is that bananadine does not exist; it was mentioned in the March 1967 Berkeley Barb as a joke but the Anarchist Cookbook took it seriously. [Reference: "Storming Heaven: LSD and the American Dream, p. 336, thanks to Lamont Granquist.]

There are more inaccuracies in the demolition section. Most of this section was cribbed from the U.S. Army Field Manual 5-25 "Explosives and Demolitions". However, the Cookbook discussion is simplified or even made up in several cases. For instance, while the Field Manual has a long discussion of the difficulty of demolishing suspension bridges, the Cookbook simply gives six places to put charges.

On the other hand, despite the errors the author of the original Anarchist Cookbook did use actual reference materials. This is in contrast to many of the online files, which get much of their content from pure imagination.

For a review with several specific errors, see the anarchistic publisher Spunk Press's rather negative page on the Anarchist Cookbook: http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/spunk/cookbook.html .

Also see a review at http://hyperreal.com/drugs/faqs/FAQ-Clandestine-Chemistry that describes the Anarchist Cookbook as a flawed classic, full of all sorts of mistakes.

http://www.righto.com/anarchist-cookbook-faq.html

I was told from 'someone that knows what he's talking about' that it is real but you only have one shot at it as your body gets used to it pretty fast.

interesting, I know that what I felt 10 years ago and lasted 5 mins was pretty intense and lasted 5 mins. I thought it was more likely a placebo, but now I am not so sure

When I read books on the topic as a child there was no mention of bananadine. But there was mention of use of bananas and experimentation. The books I recall reading claimed that alkaloids had been found and since then I have seen enough confirmation to believe that banana plants can be used as sources of psychoactive molecules and precursors.

Don't even go there Teotz LMAO I've read the thread on spiritplants

:lol:

Edited by Teotz'

Alright motherfuckers, more interesting stuff on bananas. I will narrate it as it stroke me

[this is no joke, mind you]

Alright, a friend was telling us about curanto, a food cooked with burning stones , in its traditional form in a big hole in the ground, in some kind of coffin-sized clay pot I think. Many other names exist, like curanto. The food, well the food consists of about anything, all kinds of meats, seafood, veggies, spices. The guy who told me this was present in the preparation too. He also mentioned that layers of foods were separated by banana leaves, but at that point this wasn't of any importance to me - it's a food, not an inebriant, right? Anyway, on top there's a thicker layer of banana leaves and then it's covered with burning charcoal and soil. Then he went on to tell about how tasty this is and everything.

Ok, here's the interesting part, I have not bothered to look a lot for this on the net, but it seems to be absent from many articles on curanto. It's interesting that from following wiki articles and curanto recippes it seems that not all variations of the food contain banana leaves for separating food layers, and also searching the net won't find much about the inebriating qualities of the remaining liquid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curanto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachamanca

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalua

Ok, back to my friends narration, [by the way he saw and tasted this in some polynesian island]

so after emptying the coffin from the baked food, there is a remaining liquid which is is served in shot-glasses, and as far as I remember each one of the participants to the fiesta got only a single shot.

This shot causes an inebriated state similar to drinking a whole rum/whiskey bottle

Alright, now I was struck and begin thinking 'hey, wait a second! it's not normal to become inebriated by food juices, even if it's very varied and delicious'.... so discussing intensely with my friend, we went back and I remembered the banana leaves... !!!!!!

I am more and more convinced that what I felt back then was not placebo after all...

the search for bananadine continues...

The great banana hoax

L Bozzetti Jr, S Goldsmith, JT … - American Journal of …, 1967 - Am Psychiatric Assoc

... The recent practice of smoking dried banana scrapings to achieve a “psychedelic experi- ence”

led the authors to investigate the hal- lucinogenic properties of bananadine, or “mellow yellow.”

They conclude that the “active ingredient” in bananadine is the psychic suggestibility ...

Such creativity!

From Tales of Beatnik Glory, Volume 3: The Psychedelicatessin

E Sanders - The Review of Contemporary Fiction, 1999 - questia.com

... As a cover the Feds opened a business called Bananadine, Ltd. The place had been a pizzeria

and now the floor-to-ceiling bank of steel-doored ovens was used for the baking and curing of

Bananadine. Business expanded so quickly at Bananadine, Ltd. ... At Bananadine, Ltd. ...

http://www.springerlink.com/content/02060rj354480858/

http://resources.metapress.com/pdf-preview.axd?code=02060rj354480858&size=largest

Many herbs that are said to help depression (like borage) contain large amounts of Phosphorus. Bananas contain this + three sugars and some tryptophan the precursor of seratonin ( also a precursor to Niacin essential for nerve-mylin-sheaths)

The disorders fructose malabsorption and lactose intolerance causes improper absorption of tryptophan in the intestine, reduced levels of tryptophan in the blood[12] and depression
-wiki

Many non-European people have lactose intolerance; something the Europeans have only developed in the last 10,000 years.

What If The Bark Or Even So Root Bark Is Active With This Said Alkaloid.. so if the said exists it can then be extracted, Ive smoked this bananna peel scraping before and ive also tryed the nutmeg trick yeah i must admit i had the strangest dreams that night but i wasnt in any type of altered state of mind whilst awake.. the funny part about it all this nice dreams turned nightmare real quick and i woke crying after what i was told to have been not even 2 hours sleep.

I have heard that in some australian prisons the inmates are restricted from having bananas because they smoke a dried scraping from the inside of the peel.

"Mellow Yellow" is what it is/was called.

I have heard that in some australian prisons the inmates are restricted from having bananas because they smoke a dried scraping from the inside of the peel.

"Mellow Yellow" is what it is/was called.

yeah ive heard somethin like that