The Corroboree
KlUe

High hopes for Arnold Schwarzenegger's marijuana debate

CALIFORNIA Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger said he welcomes a public debate on proposals to legalise and tax marijuana, which some suggest could provide a lucrative new revenue source for the cash-strapped state.

The Republican governor, whose term in office expires at the end of next year, was asked about the idea of treating pot like alcohol at an appearance in northern California to promote wildfire preparedness.

"No, I don't think it's time for that, but I think it's time for a debate," he said.

"And I think we ought to study very carefully what other countries are doing that have legalised marijuana and other drugs, what affect it had on those countries, and are they happy with that decision."

---

Full story/source: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25437381-401,00.html

After pot,....... then the roids will be legalized!

In any case.......... hope he has positive impact! I support regulating pot.

It's good to hear a politician showing they are at least willing to hear arguments on the subject, for once.

It's good to hear a politician showing they are at least willing to hear arguments on the subject, for once.

That's it mate, hopefully this will trigger some further states in the USA to follow suite.... but i'm not holding my breath.

arnie used to have a blurt on a scoobie after workouts so the rumours go.

apparently in some of his old bodybuilding vids at then end he would light-up on the weight bench!!!

pot HAS to be decriminalised and regulated. imagine the tax dollars the govt would reap!!

arnie used to have a blurt on a scoobie after workouts so the rumours go.

apparently in some of his old bodybuilding vids at then end he would light-up on the weight bench!!!

pot HAS to be decriminalised and regulated. imagine the tax dollars the govt would reap!!

haha, i can see a puff after a workout.

But not during... That would be counter productive...

And imagine the fines u would be getting then for growing ur own! Instead of a piddly slap on the wrist fine, they'd fuck u over to the full extent of the TAXATION laws. If they regulated it, they'd also make it just as illegal to grow as tobacco. So, they wouldn't legalize it for u and me to grow, only for themselves to sell. hmmmm.