The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Amanita Muscaria preparations

So the temp limit when drying Amanitas is 120c?

I have read in other places that it is 90c.

http://www.shroomery.org/8671/Preparation-...manita-muscaria

(190f = c. 90c)

*never mind, i just re-read the article and its 120 F not C.

********************* PLEASE DISREGARD POST*************************

Edited by The Spoons

A friend i know still gets moderate nausia from dried muscaria (food dehydrater) made into a tea with 95 degree water. He is not sure what is going wrong

it would appear your friend has exceeded the maximum temp..?

really? i thought excessive high temperatures would convert the ibotenic acid to and then muscimol and then destroy it. Isnt not enough heat more of a problem?

i have cooked 3 caps (2 large , 1 small) in a small amount of water for about 15 mins, taking to the boil about 4 times. then discarded the shrooms once all the color had run out of them (they where grey in the end). reduced the liquid to a mouthful and skulled. no nausea at all, i actually felt great!!!

felt an onset of energy, for say 2 hrs, then a deep lethargy, like i coulda had the best sleep ever!!!!

next time round i would double the dose, as i felt that this dose was at sub threshold, but the potential was there for an amazing trip.

thanks mutant for the research, this tek works wonders. i do wonder about the muscimol being destryed at boiling temps though.

more experimentation is needed!

sweet, it seems quite a few of us here are interested in these mushrooms of late

:)

Indeed but I must ask again, can the water extract be frozen?

Peace

Edit: well obviously it can be lol but is it an effective way to store?

Edited by MindExpansion

i think i read somewhere about it being frozen, not sure where though or the prep to it so i havent been much help ay

lampy: i have no idea, just parroting what hillbilly said but.... maybe he meant minimum temp 90, rather than maximum?

i hope you guys research what you're doing here, hunab has posted plenty of info.

I'm also going to hark back to my knowledgeable hippy friend in the UK who used to oven dry just thin slices of the caps at 100 degrees for a time...not sure on the length of time ....place on baking paper and then consume the slices in yogurt...he swears by this method...I think there is a fine line between conversion of Ibotenic acid and then destroying the muscimol at too high a heat or boiling more than once...Jono's right though more SAFE experimentation with various temps etc is needed....well it isn't like there is a shortage of the red and white little fellows is there....although the deer may get to them first.... :(

H.

....although the deer may get to them first.... :(

i know there are fairly large populations of feral deer in many areas. at this time of year there may be some potential for ingestion of their piss :P

perhaps in populations which frequent pine forests?

anyone up for bioassay? haha

i know there are fairly large populations of feral deer in many areas. at this time of year there may be some potential for ingestion of their piss :P

perhaps in populations which frequent pine forests?

anyone up for bioassay? haha

I TOLD YAZ ALL..THEY ALL LAUGHED AT ME CAUSE IM SUB NORMAL BUT THERE ARE DEER IN THEM FORESTS MY FRIENDS... :P

i wonder if somebody whom where it would be safe and legal could test for PH of say ibotenic acid and comparing it to say muscimol maybe there could be a change in PH as it converts worth looking into ?

the msds of both that i can find list ph as unavailable

Edited by tardistestpilot

i think i read somewhere about it being frozen, not sure where though or the prep to it so i havent been much help ay

there is an excellent report somewhere on the net,erowid?,in which a guy has a block of frozen fly in his freezer.on winter mornings he would shave off a tablespoon and fly it up with some eggs or something for breakfast.said it energised,warmed and helped prevent the winter blues.

t s t .

A friend of mine boiled up 7-8g of amanita yesterday and darnk it slowly over the day. He also combined it with a bit of herb. He said it wasn't a bad experience. The tea tasted a bit yuck, but he felt quite content all day, but nothing 'significant' was noticed from the brew. Maybe he brought it to the boil once which he maybe shouldn't have done? Nausea was fairly minimal, he thinks adding some salt to the tea would make it a nice soup. Like chicken broth. The feeling is just total contentess with no anxiety about anything. Recommends it to any interested. He also had some milk thistle, 'just in case'.

Tim

The feeling is just total contentess with no anxiety about anything. Recommends it to any interested.

thats exactly the same effect i got from3 caps. however i drank mine in none hit and quite liked tha taste!

went swimmingly with my mate sid!

I found the following interesting:

"Do not consume any carbonated beverage, (beer, soda, etc.) before or after consuming the dried Amanita Muscaria. It appears that Muscimol can be reconverted into Ibotenic Acid in the presence of carbonated water. This reverses the effects of drying where Ibotenic Acid loses CO2 and becomes Muscimol. The resulting effect being similar to fresh Amanita Muscaria ingestion nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, stupor, coma like sleep, excess salivation and no hallucinogenic effect!"

• Like 1

Heheh, looks like someones wanna take a break from tha classics :)

I suppose it is OK to freeze the resulting liquid, but there no big point in doing that. Better dry it like common mushrooms, slicing is recommended.

If one wanna prepare fresh mushrooms like in eating, he can freeze the mushrooms after a bit cleaning. Can help if you find too many.

But surely the best way to store and use more efficiently a big batch is like I said in the other post. Drying

Oven dry in low temp, so as to prevent from rotting [remember this is a big batch] and next sunbathing for a couple of days. I used to expose to UV light at night, but I dont know if it did anything. The dried chips are lastly powderised to created a homogenous material.

The dried powder can be eaten as is, made into a tea [just don't boil too much] or you can even better make a soup with it.

I like the tea from dried material and salt does indeed compliments the flavor.

there is an excellent report somewhere on the net,erowid?,in which a guy has a block of frozen fly in his freezer.on winter mornings he would shave off a tablespoon and fly it up with some eggs or something for breakfast.said it energised,warmed and helped prevent the winter blues.

yeah that guy's reports are great!

PS: Somashamans are full of shit

Edited by mutant

PS: Somashamans are full of shit

Yeah I never trusted those guys. I have seen the shaman of that site eat an amanita phalloides on youtube...They seem to only be intereted in making money and don't seem to give any information.

BTW, I froze the tea I made and settled on the bottom was really dark red liquid. I thawed it for a bit and only the dark stuff melted (didnt thaw for long). Anyway, I had a little and it tasted quite strong. Maybe the good stuff was concentrated? I made an alcohol mixture and am going to let it evaporate and see what I have left. Maybe i'll smoke it? Or maybe eat it in capsules.

Tim

Does the amanita have to be dried before it is boiled or can it be boiled fresh, right after a pick?

Peace

UTSE hehe.

dried most of the acid SHOULD be converted to muscimol already.

cooking fresh does the conversion also.

I believe that when the mushroom is fresh you can make a tea by boiling the mushrooms like a stew and then drink the juice...if you dry the mushroom like on paper or sun dry slowly I believe you can then consume the mushroom its self in slices about 2 -3 medium caps is a dose.

H.

3 caps only seemed sub-threshold to me. unless i cooked for to long and destroyed some muscimol but i dont think so. from what ive red u simmer unti the color is out of the shroom.