The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Neoshaman

Gold Tops

I was quite amazed to see several patches of P. cubensis growing in a paddock on my way to work this morning first patchhh contained several large mushrooms but is very close to a house with a large dog so no spore prints from them then I noticed another patch right down the far end of the paddock ( which i'm intending to get a spore print or two from tonight ) I just thought I'd post this as I was under the impression it was very late in the season for these to be appaering ?? Especially in decent numbers there was at least 10 mushrooms in the two small patches i spotted from my car when driving past no doubt a closer look will locate more should be an intresting weekend for microscopy resaerch on the spore print :innocent_n:

It is pretty late for the cubes but it has been fairly warm lately so i dont know why its not possible :)

Good find may be the last of the season.

Peace

I was quite amazed to see several patches of P. cubensis growing in a paddock on my way to work this morning first patchhh contained several large mushrooms but is very close to a house with a large dog so no spore prints from them then I noticed another patch right down the far end of the paddock ( which i'm intending to get a spore print or two from tonight ) I just thought I'd post this as I was under the impression it was very late in the season for these to be appaering ?? Especially in decent numbers there was at least 10 mushrooms in the two small patches i spotted from my car when driving past no doubt a closer look will locate more should be an intresting weekend for microscopy resaerch on the spore print :innocent_n:

probably has been because it has been quite humid lately and you can still find rare patches still fruiting..i saw a couple fruit a few weeks ago locally and was a little surprised my self although only 3 fruits where spotted was still an indicator conditions suited ...soon they will be gone for the winter though.. a few straglers here and there still though.

Latest Ive found them is late May but that was SEQLD where its a bit warmer.

Wow and i saw subs today... cubes and subs fruiting at the same time within a few hundred k's of eachother!

Pan cyan have been spotted by friends in Wollongong as recent as last week and I saw some myself off Putty Rd accompanied by some truly miniature cubes (i.e. looked miniature of fully grown specimen, not an immature pin) not a month ago.

Edited by apothecary

I have heard confirmations of sightings of cube and pan in the hunter over the past week. I thought it was getting too late also, but apparently not- conditions are perfect.

main fruiting period for Pan cyans around the central coast generally is feb-april. i know of decent finds within the last few days. Cube fruiting generally peaks much earlier though.