The Corroboree
teeko

Wanted: Radula marginata

I am looking for Radula marginata seeds, I am located in the U.S.

"New Zealand liverwort Radula marginata"

Life Plantae Marchantiophyta Radulaceae Radula marginata

[broken-link XX]-->hXXp://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20m?kind=Radula+marginata

Thank You for any assistance. I will gladly reimburse, share and gift. :)

peace

Hi Teeko! I was looking for the plant myself but unfortunately it seems that it isnt commercially available! bye Eg

same here

id like to locate this plant

Hi Teeko! I was looking for the plant myself but unfortunately it seems that it isnt commercially available! bye Eg

Hi Catfish! Nice seeing you around! I´ll have an eye on my sources and if i should ever come across some seeds, i´ll let you guys know! In case i get some, I would spread the seeds in order to improve the availability! bye Eg

lots of radula species around i see this one and one other mentioned as of interest but what of the others.......untested i assume?in europe and oz it seems........

what else is in these?any nasties?

t s t .

I am looking for Radula marginata seeds, I am located in the U.S.

"New Zealand liverwort Radula marginata"

Life Plantae Marchantiophyta Radulaceae Radula marginata

[broken-link XX]-->hXXp://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20m?kind=Radula+marginata

Thank You for any assistance. I will gladly reimburse, share and gift. :)

peace

Hi there im new to this,

pm me and i think i can help you out.

peace

zero

Hi there im new to this,

pm me and i think i can help you out.

peace

zero

Thanks zero, pm sent.

EDIT:

You do not yet have permissions to receive private messages. Please respond here and i will make sure you receive my email address.

THANKS

Edited by teeko

Zero, If i remember right, you gotta have 5 posts at least to send or receive pms! That could be the reason! Just take a look into the spam thread and make a few posts to unlock your pm feature! But helly eah, thats interesting! bye Eg

Zero, If i remember right, you gotta have 5 posts at least to send or receive pms! That could be the reason! Just take a look into the spam thread and make a few posts to unlock your pm feature! But helly eah, thats interesting! bye Eg

can't find the spam page so i will spam this one lol

sorry

but if anyone has a few pictures of Radula marginata i might be able to help you guys get a plant.

i hope i can send a pm soon

im sure i have sent more then 5 by now

BUMP

Any new info on sources?

Thank You all and have a great week.

peace

BUMP again. haha

Well, heres some info i guess. This Radula species was found on Lamington Plateau.

Anyone know of anyone in NZ who lives near Lamington Plateau? Ive got a big bag full of seeds/extracts/isolates for whomever makes it happen. I would really like to acquire living samples, gametes, spores. All forms actually would be preferred, so as to be able to reproduce forever in my greenhouse.

BUMP, any progress in locating propagation material of this plant or bioassay reports?

A friend and member of these forums has bioassayed it, hopefully he will step in and comment.

I think he was propagating it at one point but not sure.

Greetings,

Brand new poster so I am not sure if commercial links are ok, however, I just noticed one above for the Kiwis so I am going to link you all to what I see here now.

If it is Liverwort,

You will find more results under that . Here is a tinyurl to just one:

http://tinyurl.com/7fyzqjm

seems pretty clear to me now why we are not finding so many seeds out there - tis because this one looks like a creeper, not a seeder!

There are some forms of Chamomile who do the same thing (English)

I hope that this helps. (I can not help with the assay, but if more of us figure out how to propogate this gem then we may be able to work on that together!)

Just noticed this thread here. Well I have been growing Radula for months now, but a better word would probably be "keeping alive". Lol. Maybe next weekend I'll buy some more of these kickass propagators I have (only have 2 atm), and then I'll use one to experiment with Radula propagation.

I have two plans:

A] Treat the Radula as a moss, and do a moss-style buttermilk culture. I have not researched this enough to estimate the likelihood that this will work. A botanist (they get forced to study this stuff right?) would know if it can regenerate this way. If it can, then growth rates can probably be increased by hundreds of percent by growing on muslin draped like:\/\/\/\/ in a box,

increasing surface area and reducing the intensity of light on the plants.

B] Roughly test the limits of the Radula's growing habit. Increase light levels (I had some survive on a mixture of clay and sand outside in a doctored milk bottle with no care for quite a while before slowly perishing), increase humidity, increase soil fertility (it is often found on peaty clay or straight on heavily decayed branches, which are rather shit for most other plants).

But anyway, for the people who think you can dry the plant and smoke it - you almost certainly cannot. I have tested it dry a couple of times as well as an acetone extract and found practically nothing. Even if you went to 5x the amount I used (for either dry and extracted), you wouldn't be able to grow that amount in less than 7 years or so with current methods. It is worth further research, but it's 99% not a natural cannabis substitute as is.

I can probably get ahold of spores from my little grove, but I haven't researched when it's likely to drop spores. From memory, liverworts prefer to spread their spores aqueously, which could cause a problem if that's the case.

Edited by βluntmuffin

Out of interest - Is there a species preference of decayed wood ? or certain community type it grows in (riparian, rainforest etc)?

Hey guys, nice to see there's actually some people interested in cultivating this facinating plant.

I've managed to locate and contact some people in NZ who would be willing to send a pice of bark with R. marginata overseas.

Despite the fact that the plant might note make it alive and / or through customs I could really need some help on how to take care of the plant, does anyone have some good advice? (@ βluntmuffin: How did your plans work out, does the moss appreciate one of your two cultivation conditions?)

Cheer's!

I haven't yet been able to test my experimental cultivation methods. I'm currently in my final year of a really tough degree, and when I'm not studying maths, I'm studying maths. ^^

But I'll try. The main thing is to keep it moist with good airflow and enough humidity (I don't know how much is enough humidity yet). Liverworts might also be able to regenerate from partially dead tissue also I think, so don't throw it away if it is dry. The light levels can also be quite low, certainly not direct sun, but reflected or highly filtered. That's about it for keeping it alive.

Thanks for the info!

I'll report my experience as soon as I've got the Liverwort.

And all the best for your degree, I've just recently been through the same!