The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ironsun419

Leonotis Napetofolia Wild-Dagga seeds and flower

i think wild dagga is leonitis leonorus....

no???? what you got is probebly somthing else i think....

Guest reville

This plant and its relatives are interesting

and we've known about them for ages but i have only rarely seen it in a harvestable state

so can anyone confirm that it produces a decent amount of sticky resin on the flowering tops?

Ive read that the resin can be scraped off and smoked or mixed with cannabis but what a job! ive noticed some stickiness but i seem to always be out of town at peak flowering stage so i miss inspecting my own plants

Ive tried smoking the leaves (L leonurus and L sibiricus) and if it wasnt for the harshness of the smoke im sure it could be popular

It would be much easier to find some way of extracting the goodness to a standardised extract, making it smoother.

Again ive been out of town so couldnt harvest my sibiricus (1.2 m) which have gone to seed and so lost most of their leaf quality - i thought sibiricus was a biennial? mine germinate in autumn grow through winter and flower in spring then die.

and my wild dagga isnt big enough to do a decent test on - ill have to ask for some from gardens nearby

Does anyone have a merck to see what leonurine is soluble in? if that is the psychoactive constituent - which im not sure of anyway

i guess acetone is ol' faithful

Rev - sibiricus is a different genus wink.gif

The leonotis' are great aromatic smokes. I am sure there is a trip report from a resin extract of L.leonurus in the archives.

It's useless down south and where it is too wet. I would really like to try some material grown in the desert somewhere. It needs the dry excessive heat to produce goodly amounts of resin ON THE LEAVES (not the flowers - this is a stoner myth).

i observed selfseeding with leonorus.

smoking it, yes there was something there.

dagga x 10 what a good idea.

eager to hear about it.

i have just tried a home extraction of dagga flowers using 97% ethanol. three times on the material and then the total evaporated off. this produced a sticky resin that was too soft to really do much with and also burned much too readily. perhaps a vapouriser would be better.did produce some mild sedation and euphoria when smoked. next experiment is to bond the resin to some leaf as a 10x extract. will report here on the results.

I do have some Leonotis Leonorus seeds and plenty of Leonotis Napetofolia seeds.Both are called Wild-Dagga on the www. ethnobotany.com.The difference is in look the Leonorus is smaller plant 1m to 1.50cm and the round seed pot is not spiky and long sort of plant leafes and the Napetofolia is growing to 3m with leafes simular to Catnip or Lemon Balm.

Wild-Dagga Let me work out first how to post to my own topic.With our Australian Draught Torsten ,those plants would have the same Leonirines as the Dessert ones,the were harwested where only God has watered them.I weould like to trade them for other seeds,or free.Again the smaler Leonotis Leonorum is only a bit seed leftover but from Napetofolia I could provide Seeds ,Flower,leves or the whole plant ,but no idea how to send them. Help!

nepetafolia has a very pleasant 'mint like'

flavour and an effect suggesting to me a usefulness in smoking mixes.

smoking leonorus leaves with a friend,we were sent outside by the lady of the house,due to the smell,shiva would have been acceptable.effect was quite noticable and put down for future research,which has prob not been done due to other things being more interesting.

sibiricus was mildly pleasant.

t s t .

Guest reville
Originally posted by Torsten:

Rev - sibiricus is a different genus   wink.gif

I know that you know that i know that wink.gif

I was just being lazy - my apologies for perpetuating a common misconception.