The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Neoshaman

Morning Glory Wine

Hey guys I'm assuming this tek is not legal over here but I have recently come across reports of an active wine by soaking morning glory flowers anyone know people overseas who have experimented with such.

Further to that does anyone know the alkaloid content of the flowers

are they variable between species and to what degree.

how many flowers need to be soaked to create activity .

My friend overseas is very keen to try this tek so i'm helping him gather up information

I think it does pose some intresting question though if other parts of the plants can be safely used

From my reading its suggests that the whole vine is potentially active..even the roots. The leaves contain the ergot alkaloids ergometrine, isolysergic acid amide and lysergic acid amide. The biosynthesis of these Indole alkaloids occurs in the leaves, while the subsequent translocalisation leads to an accumilation of the alkaloids in the seeds. The cultivars Heavenly Blue, Pearly Gates, Summer Skies, Blue Star, Flying Saucers and Wedding Bells all contain psychoactive alkaloids...Ipomea Muricata..the white blossoming flower....all parts of the plant contain up to 3.7% Behenic acid which has stimulating effects upon the central nervous system and also appears to have psychoactive and aphrodisiac effects and also contains the alkaloid Ipomine.

H.

Thankyou Hunab

Most information we have been able to find in relation to biossays have used approx 20-30 flowers resulting in mild effects slightly alcoholic with a mild psychadelic edge , we were thinking that providing there is not a great deal of risk in doing so was to attempt to use a much larger number and therefore have a higher concentration of the actives.

I have found reports that indicate white wine is also a suitable medium however i imagine that that could potentially heighten the risk of extracting more undesirables especially when using larger numbers of flowers

It might be helpful to dissolve in a larger quanitity of alcohol than you'd intend and then, once you've dissolved etc., evarporating a portion of the ethanol. The difficulties of course would be determining the alcohol contnet (post-evaporation). Additionally are all the actives of interest hydrophillic? I'm not sure what to do if they're not. Maybe some sort of natural emulsifier (I'm thinking egg whites)...

Anyway: Luck.

Stuffed a flagon of cheap wine as full as possible once, and extracted in the dark for 12 hrs resulting in a nice rose colour. Did nothing. :(

thers a teensy amount of talk in this thread about doing this with Ipomoea indica flowers. something worth noting is the mention of the leaves (& probably the whole plant) being a laxitive. so use of large amounts of material for this purpose could be dangerous/messy.