The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yawning Man

Anyone looking for a housemate?

Hey guys

I'm going to be looking for a new place to call home soon and was wondering if anyone is looking for a housemate or if in my situation a new house to share with someone. A bit fed up of the place i'm in now.

So, i face the prospect of being on apprentice wages for the next four years, so the cheaper the rent is the better, although i'm pretty resourceful and have always done pretty well on limited funds, but ideally i'd like to stay under $150 a week. Not to fussed about location, but this position i'm trying out for is in east Keilor, so the closer to that or the easier it is to get to the better.

I'm easy to live with i think. Hardly make any mess and when i do i clean it up, easy going. It would be cool to live with some likeminded folks who i could talk to about plants and the like. I have bouts of being social and enjoy a beer, but i also enjoy some down time to myself so i wont always be hounding you to come to the pub with me.

Anyway i don't know what else to type so if you wanna know anything else don't hesitate to pm me or whatever.

cheers

Edited by peaceful_son

Yes!! about 1000km out of your way tho.. :)

You get that Zoo thing man?

Let me know what burb you reckon and when you wanna move. May be interested man

Gen

Hey. Some advice:

I've recently moved places. With regards searching for a place: I didn't find gumtree to be useful, but instead looked through the melb uni website and the melb uni union noticeboard. Most of the places advertised there are closer to the city, so not sure how useful for you. Otherwise check if there are any educational facilities closer to where you're looking (eg. uni's, tafe's) and see if they have sort of housing database / advertising scheme.

Luck.

Hey guys

Thanks for the advice pala, didn't think of that avenue! Will deff check it out. lol sorry toby, but best of luck in your search man. Tardist i'm looking for an apprenticeship in horticulture, mainly parks and gardens!

I'll keep ya posted Gen, but pretty much looking at any suburb.

cheers

did i really forget to tell you that horticulture sucks? because you are worked like a beast and paid like a horticulturist.

you are worked like a beast and paid like a horticulturist.

HAHAHA! I don't know why that is so funny but it is. Any burb makes life easy man, if you can hold out a little i have a few cards up my sleeve. At least 3 cards.

Gen

did i really forget to tell you that horticulture sucks? because you are worked like a beast and paid like a horticulturist.

haha it's all i know man. Take it you've worked in the Hort industry? Hey gen, yeah bro looking like i'll be staying put for at least another few months yet. But keeping all doors open just in case.

cheers

i only lasted a few years. i'm ready to move on to even shitter but better paying things.

It may be a little bit in the wrong direction for you considering you said Keilor but I was looking for a housemate more in the direction of Geelong. Somewhere in between could work. I guess Hoppers/werribe would be the most halfway point in that regards. That's about a 30minute commute, give me a yell if that appeals to you.

Edited by kenny

Pm'd Kenneth!

good to see some westies here. im in st albans, i like the western suburbs of melb.

I'm looking for two housemates!

rent is $150 in the inner west Sydney, 15 mins to city by bus.

Just thought i'd put it out there. PM if interested.

(just realised this thread was initally started for melb.. whoops)

Edited by The Spoons