The Corroboree
MindExpansion

Need some advice

Do you have any shady friends? Because for some unknown reason (seriously) im listed in the police database or whatever as a "known drug dealer" and my friends have had theirs cars stripped randomly because they're known to hang around me. It's so stupid. So maybe they're just taking a peek because you've once been seen having a drink with someone they think is no good and your just unlucky. But as you say you've got nothing to hide so just be polite and they most likely will be too.

Dude,

You're not obliged to anything as helpful as you did.

The first thing we all need like a lightning habit, is an excuse why you're busy and can't talk.

Me, my g.f is diabetic- and unless they are detaining me for a specific incident that needs needs a name, and backed by a law.. "i'm so sorry, but I just don't have time to help- my girlfriend needs her insulin.."

If you have a sound reason for not being able to talk, they need to detain you which drastically elevates the situation. They may some shit like 'well, we can do this down the office' - to which you say, "im sorry but I really just have to do this now" Am I being arrested? detained? for what reason, and under what law? Please name that law..

Paranoid or not- YES, they use these tactics a lot. Notice they always ask, and if denied, will make you feel suspicious as hell for not doing every single little thing they want.

Being helpful to police is STUPID. Don't be rude, or unhelpful- simply be curt and hastily distracted with something that is far, far more important than them.

There's some good strategies to know for dealing with police floating around- I suggest checking them out and knowing your rights.

But unless you're doing something wrong, which ME said he's not, there's no reason not to be helpful. They're doing their job like you do yours 5 days a week (or whatever the case), and there is nothing that makes a shitty day better like friendly helpful customers.

Yeh, in this case where I'm not doing anything wrong, and where they werent being assholes to me, I don't see a reason not to be friendly and helpful, had they rocked up and assumed i was a wife beater and treated me as such off the bat I don't think I would have been so helpful, but they were polite enough so why not be helpful, also makes you look as unsuspicious as possible if they were sus on me for some odd reason.

Peace

perhaps you should have expressed your suspicion? perhaps it would be fruitful to ring or call into the cop shop and query them? dunno how that will pan out.

this thread has some very interesting advice, including:

"Don't be rude, or unhelpful- simply be curt and hastily distracted with something that is far, far more important than them."

perhaps you should have expressed your suspicion? perhaps it would be fruitful to ring or call into the cop shop and query them? dunno how that will pan out.

this thread has some very interesting advice, including:

"Don't be rude, or unhelpful- simply be curt and hastily distracted with something that is far, far more important than them."

There is really not a way to say don't come in my fucking house please to the police. Me, being me, I would "try" and think of something, probably would not work, but Al least I would try. I don't have much to hide, I just don't like giving them fuckers power where they should not have any, that's my real probably with it.

But, I was pulled over one time, and took down to get a piss test, and it all worked out well. I told him I don't do drugs anymore, and that I take methadone for pain. Of course they don't believe you. I probably wouldn't believe me either. It end up they had to paid for all that shit, because I tested N. for nothing.

I tried explain, it just didn't work. Oh well, they got fucked on that deal. I had to go down the police debt. and tell hey look I didn't do anything wrong, why and I being charged for this!!

Well, they end up having to paid it!! all!! Now they don't fuck with me!! The just let me go, ass holes!!

Edited by neo1

ME, as Thunder suggested, I'd try calling the local police dept.

When I got my whole car searched/defected, I couldn't believe how fucked it felt.. Middle of the main road and all I did was go 10km over the speed limit. I was fuming! Cop asked for the keys, but without me even answering he took my keys out of the ignition and opened the boot without asking me (long story short).

Anyways, I called the local dept to find out what my rights were and what their rights were. The cop on the phone was really nice and gave me the info I needed.

Peace