The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
n00dle

broken pm folder, problems with email reminder

a ) My sent items folder is permanently empty

b ) I generally receieve duplicate emails saying "xyz has sent you a new personal message", sometimes 3.

:huh:

Edited by n00dle

How many times is 'generally'.

Possibly the person sending the PM's was having browser issues and ended up accidentally sending the message several times.

Also I don't think default is to save sent messages so it's not surprising that that folder is empty.

May be wrong though.

Peace

My sent items is always empty and cannot for the life of me find a function to have it save them.

Unless someone changed the settings, as far as i know sent items were always saved... though i havent been on here in a long time. possible it's been changed.

generally = the last 15 messages or so. didn't do it before that. might be the other person's machine but if they sent it twice i'd expect two messages in my inbox. i dont get this, just one message from them, and two from the shaman australis bot.

before you send the message, there is an option down the bottom to save a copy to sent items.

before you send the message, there is an option down the bottom to save a copy to sent items.

I noticed that last week & it works for me,

I have never had duplicate emails it may be something to do with your ISP or email provider you use ?

Edited by mac

save-to-sent hasn't been default for a couple of years now. I opted for more inbox space at the expense of default saving sents. no one ever cleans ou ttheir sent folder, so it used up a huge amount of space [and is a security risk for some people].

you can save any PM by ticking the box below it before sending. you can also track it there.

as for duplicate emails, this is most likely a problem with your mail server. check the detailed headers for time stamps put on by my server [corroboree.info]. if they are the same then the problem is at your end.