The Corroboree

Hey Guys,

For a while now lots of people in Perth have been speculating for some reason that our native Christmas Tree (Nuytsia floribunda) may be a MAOI. When the flowers are smoked it produces an effect similar to b.cappi, I have recently just boiled some of the flowers and bark into a tea along with the bark from a Acacia. I'm starting to feel a very strong sedation and sense of well being. I will keep you updated as I go deeper into my journey :)

Love and Light

-Koala

Edited by Koala (Luke Perth)
  • Like 2

Sounds good brother..if the Acacia becomes visually active you might be on to something...keeps us in the loop.

H.

i am worried about this post, for cultural reasons, although i am not nyungar i have reason to beleive that the christmas tree is a sacred tree, which i will not talk about here in public as it is not my place to do so, but i am concerned that making this information public will bring about over harvest of the plants we shouldnt be playing with.

EDIT to say i think consultation with nyungar leaders should be sought out.

Edited by VelvetSiren

LUKE!, I think this info is meant to be kept within the family. Atleast edit ur post to exclude our acacia species name.

Peace

hehe u r a beast koala :lol:

thanks for the heads up on the christmas tree!!

lookin forward to seeing u again u wild man :worship:

kept within the family eh? wats the go with this division amongst plant heads??

knowledge only for the worthy it seems, or does it go deeper than this.. i dunno. someone pls explain

• Like 1

self regulation may prevent regulation............

semi parasitic sp with very limited distribution.hard to grow,slow to regenerate in wild.

want to see the u tube vid with the crazy guy on nutsier........just a school kid he learnt about it by googling......ending up here!

you're in the family ,no difference to you.....i was told about this on sunday ,person to person,had never heard of it before.

actives seem unknown atm?

t s t .

7guests 3members here atm, anyone can actively participate in this family and become a member ........the knowledge is not witheld,the people choose not to seek it?

Edited by t st tantra

knowledge finds its way to seekers when they are ready to process the information the knowledge has to offer. hence a lot of ground work needs to be done to obtain this type of powerful sacred knowledge. to take in these sacred plants without being ready can cause as much damage as it can create answers for those ready to recieve. most people are not ready for the knowledge but things are getting pretty desperate for the planet and we may need to be ready very soon. its a contentious issue but as always the key is respect of these powerful plant.

knowledge finds its way to seekers when they are ready to process the information the knowledge has to offer.

its funny that most people that speak this sort of thing or talk about keeping it in some secret club, are funnily enough already in said club or have access to these things.

Are people that live in extreme poverty just not ready enough to experience a life outside of poverty.

Its easy to say that things should be kept in the family when you are not the one missing out.

Edited by GingaNinja

those with the abiltiy to process the information available as part of the plant human relationship, live with knowing that they have the responsibility to pass on the knowledge to others in the right mindset. as for being kept in the family i think he was refering to the family of the earth. some seem to almost see this as some type of cult, which is no further from the truth. again it comes back to respect for the plants, and native culture. these are increadibly powerful tools and you really need to know what your doing with them or you could well become cursed or even possesed by malevolent forces. hence they are somewhat guarded secrets for only those initiated.

ginganinja you will know when your time comes. just enjoy the moments of anticipation leading up to the rediscovery of what you already know, as you discover you are the creator of your own vision.

Edited by ethnodude

So how did it go Koala?

seems like there are so many maoi plants this will prob have little impact......many a lot easier to come by for most?

t s t .

Hey Guys,

For a while now lots of people in Perth have been speculating for some reason that our native Christmas Tree (Nuytsia floribunda) may be a MAOI. When the flowers are smoked it produces an effect similar to b.cappi, I have recently just boiled some of the flowers and bark into a tea along with the bark from a Acacia. I'm starting to feel a very strong sedation and sense of well being. I will keep you updated as I go deeper into my journey :)

Love and Light

-Koala

When.....?

When.....?

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay with my reply! Now I need to play around with the ratios but for my first sample I did not experience any visuals I only felt a very very warm sense of well being which did seem to feel like the acacia working. I will be testing again tonight with a higher dose of the christmas tree to see if I can really activate the Acacia but it def feels like I'm onto something. I will have a full report written up for you after a few more tests :)

Love and Light

-Luke

Yeah it seems it is a situation that starts to repeat itself. We devolve the information and wait for the repercussions or keep it to ourselves and through only one man's trials show minimum breakthroughs. Any information released is to the benefit of us all if we use it sustainably. If it is a MOAI inhibitor then we can't just take and not give back. Planting has to be done for any species that we start to harvest. On bush http://www.bushfood.net there is quite a bit of information and speculation about the plant"Despite its obvious attractions, N.floribunda is not often cultivated due to the difficulty in propagation. As a result plants are almost never available through nurseries but there have been isolated reports of successful cultivation in Western Australia. One grower reported success by sowing seed in situ in the garden using couch grass planted nearby as a host. Another report indicated that cutting-grown plants using the exotic, deciduous crepe myrtle (Lagerstroemia sp) as host showed considerable promise."

I am testing it with koala and it is very similar to Caapi. Strong meditative state and awakening after effects. Dose was one cup brewed from 4 flower stalks. Bark and leaves to be tested soon. The flowers have demonstrated a an amazing effect in another mix and on tests in their pure form they give a meditative effect with a nice grounded after effect. It was noticed that it also relieved cold symptoms and opened the bronchial tubes.

Yes, this plant in effect is almost the Noongar symbol, as it defines their tribal boundaries. After some research I found that the plant is woman's business, but that it relates strongly to birth and death. I am currently investigating it through sources so as to understand the plant better.

One thing is certain is that it has a very grounding effect and seems very feminine. More to come as my research continues.

The plant is a member of the Loranthaceae or mistletoe family and as such I suspect the active ingredient is possibly related to apha ethyl tryptamine or similar.

Plant flowers tested negative to fluorescence under UV.

Yeah it seems it is a situation that starts to repeat itself. We devolve the information and wait for the repercussions or keep it to ourselves and through only one man's trials show minimum breakthroughs. Any information released is to the benefit of us all if we use it sustainably. If it is a MOAI inhibitor then we can't just take and not give back. Planting has to be done for any species that we start to harvest. On bush http://www.bushfood.net there is quite a bit of information and speculation about the plant"Despite its obvious attractions, N.floribunda is not often cultivated due to the difficulty in propagation. As a result plants are almost never available through nurseries but there have been isolated reports of successful cultivation in Western Australia. One grower reported success by sowing seed in situ in the garden using couch grass planted nearby as a host. Another report indicated that cutting-grown plants using the exotic, deciduous crepe myrtle (Lagerstroemia sp) as host showed considerable promise."

I am testing it with koala and it is very similar to Caapi. Strong meditative state and awakening after effects. Dose was one cup brewed from 4 flower stalks. Bark and leaves to be tested soon. The flowers have demonstrated a an amazing effect in another mix and on tests in their pure form they give a meditative effect with a nice grounded after effect. It was noticed that it also relieved cold symptoms and opened the bronchial tubes.

Yes, this plant in effect is almost the Noongar symbol, as it defines their tribal boundaries. After some research I found that the plant is woman's business, but that it relates strongly to birth and death. I am currently investigating it through sources so as to understand the plant better.

One thing is certain is that it has a very grounding effect and seems very feminine. More to come as my research continues.

Hey Rastazungu :) How is your brew coming along? Let me know when you sampe next!

-Koala

The plant is a member of the Loranthaceae or mistletoe family and as such I suspect the active ingredient is possibly related to apha ethyl tryptamine or similar.

Plant flowers tested negative to fluorescence under UV.

I am very interested to compare Nuytsias from areas proximal to interesting Acacia populations as well as those from areas where Acacias are absent.

If it is found that Nuytsia is taking tryptamines from Acacias the next step would be to determine what it is doing to it and what metabolites are being formed

then the next step would be to feed nuytsia some interesting precursors and see what it makes ;).

I collected sum misteltoe flowers from directly off of our active acacia, but did not sample. Maybne next year

The sharing of information and knowledge and experience is what keeps an internet community alive... there are many internet communities where people do not choose to share, where they could... and so the community becomes stale or stagnates. I am not saying this is totally the case here, but here, as with a lot of these communities, people hold their cards close to their chest and this doesn't help!

Julian.

• Like 1

I collected sum misteltoe flowers from directly off of our active acacia, but did not sample. Maybne next year

Hey Naja we have also collected a heap of the misteltoe! :) Are you up in Perth anytime soon? come visit me at my new place!

Quite fascinating.

Any scientific analysis being done by anyone? Curious to know what's in there.

I wonder when/if uni will let me use their gear! :lol:

Are people that live in extreme poverty just not ready enough to experience a life outside of poverty.

"This is a prime example of how flatland holistic theories almost always end up agressively instrumentaizing individuals: since all are really strands in the wonderful web, all are subservient to its overall functions (its functional fit). And the theorsts who can describe the "final Whole" (even though there isn't one) get to tell you what your purpose, your role, and your real meaning is (because they have the final context, the "real Whole" that defines the functional fit - and therefore the "truth" and "meaning" - of each member)."

By Ken Wilber. Sex, Ecology, Spirituality: the spirit of evolution.

Wow! Just sitting out in my mobile lab boiling the bark and leaves for the next test on the Christmas tree. It is uncanny that the smell is so close to vine being cooked that I wouldn't tell the difference. Amazing dark tea like tannins coming out. I have to keep on smelling it to try to make a comparison but I can't. So close it's ridiculous.

Got the mistletoe from the acacia all ready for processing to see if it extracts from the tree what we seek. Exciting stuff.

Edited by rastazungu