The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
lickapop

Law enforced in Queensland

Just wondering if the law for growing lophs in Queensland or other states has been enforced?

What is the penalty for X amount of Loph?

Is Pachanoi legal? I assume it is not, but I can not find any info apart from mescaline added to the

list

Sorry if this has been stated here already. I am not the best at reading between the lines. And I

do not want to sound like an idiot posting trivia questions.

I just want to make informed decisions.

I'm pretty sure trichs are still safe, as long as they haven't been prepared for consumption (ie dried, cooked, etc). Don't know about your loph question, though.

In Qld all 'substances' that contain an illegal substance are deemed to be the illegal substance. This means any substance that contains mescaline is illegal. In Qld the law defines substance as including live plants [in other states the term is 'preparation, which does NOT include live plants].

People have been busted with Lophophora. Also for Trichs but only when large scale or with prep intentions. The law is pretty new, so not enforced all that much yet I don't think. Then again, it generally takes 6 months or more for a bust to come to court and the law is only 11 months old.

Plenty of threads discussing this issue in both the cactus and the legals forum.

In Qld all 'substances' that contain an illegal substance are deemed to be the illegal substance. This means any substance that contains mescaline is illegal. In Qld the law defines substance as including live plants [in other states the term is 'preparation, which does NOT include live plants].

People have been busted with Lophophora. Also for Trichs but only when large scale or with prep intentions. The law is pretty new, so not enforced all that much yet I don't think. Then again, it generally takes 6 months or more for a bust to come to court and the law is only 11 months old.

Plenty of threads discussing this issue in both the cactus and the legals forum.

No that pretty much summed it up for me. Thank you

only peyote is illegal in australi.

prevuian/san pedro/achuma cacti are legal...

It is only specific states that currently prohibit Lophopora Williamsii. It's not illegal yet Australia wide to the best of my knowledge.

Thats not exactly true but there is a few threads on this already, QLD is a bit of a messy one, sometimes things aren't illegal until they are point out that they are.. if you get what I mean.

• Like 1

Yeah we don't want Lophophora taking over our sunshine state like that prickly pear! Good-on-ya Queensland - I, for one, will sleep soundly tonight.

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 1

And the Queensland Police better get lots of little handcuffs for all the cane toads they'll be arresting.

• Like 2

I wonder when cow manure goes on the precursor list in Queensland?

• Like 5

And the Queensland Police better get lots of little handcuffs for all the cane toads they'll be arresting.

& if you've got more then 10 on your property then you're liable for prosecution... :huh:

• Like 1

i am bidding 10 cane toads 4 $ 200 bucks bid starts now!

$ 210

• Like 1

Serious one - now folks:-

In Qld all 'substances' that contain an illegal substance are deemed to be the illegal substance. This means any substance that contains mescaline is illegal. In Qld the law defines substance as including live plants [in other states the term is 'preparation, which does NOT include live plants

The penny just dropped for on this one, people.

Logical folks that live in the real, rational world may need a little elaboration on this quaint quirk of our Law:- Let us suppose a Drug Fiend has 1.99g of pure dextro methylamphetamine base in their possession whilst making some 998.01g of icing sugar in a blender. That criminal wrongdoer notices vigilant constables are running up their stairs to raid them (having secured all the necessary paperwork before hand) and end their wickedness. In a cowardly attempt to evade justice this merchant-of-death drops their illicit poison into the blender and turns it on, hoping dilution will put it below our champions of the law's ability to detect it.

"I've done naught, you filth!" - he cries rudely; "This ain't but harmless sugar what I's got here. You ain't got f**k all on me pigs! Tis harassment - so it is, I say! Me lawyer's gonna do youse traps!"

The constables calmly show the court ordered warrant (that states very clearly his name, address, nature of the search etc. signed by informed judicial) and whilst carefully explaining his rights, they happen to notice "the strange chemical smell" coming from the blender. They humbly invite his comment on this.

"You got me now, cops - you're too good for me! I cannot stand the agitation of my guilt! It is the a"gear"; - that is illicit amphetamine - but not much, mind! what I found in the blender when I bought it."

"Save your explanations Sir! For you are under arrest! It is the courts that will determine your guilt, not us"

You see it is now 1kg of trafficable dangerous drug of addiction (with "estimated" street* value in excess of $100,000-gst, probably from kid's lunch money too!) That dirty druggie will serve some serious time now. If this scumbag had left it <2g, first offence, he'd have only got it confiscated, drug diversion, no conviction recorded and left at large.

Forgive the melodrama above - this is really very serious shit, fellow Queenslanders. I was wondering how they were going to get around certain technicalities with plants, but I had no delusions it would work in the individual's favour. A suspect substance that tests positive to being illegal is entirely illegal and regarded, no less, than the weight of the pure illegal substance alone. Qualitative and quantitative properties and their legal consequences depend on how much legal representation you can afford - the bias being in favour of the most richest, most potent and most purest.

So a trace of mescaline is illegal - therefore a gram of mescaline, is worth a gram of peyote, is worth a gram of San Pedro, is worth a gram of Opuntia Prickly Pear, etc. and all worth your arrest. Well it is said 'the suckers have authority'. Don't be fooled by television CSI - it actually takes Queensland authority labs up to 2 years to analyse what an alleged clandestine laboratory were possibly up to, if silence is maintained. They rely on "verbals" even to this day.

I hope the amount of public relations and applause Queensland politicians expect from this is worth the court congestion, revenue erosion and priority losses it causes. It is like the "boat people" issue - politicians getting popular attention over a really minuscule, trivial problem, largely unheeded, unenforceable, beyond their pompous ability and at the expense of a lot of our money, our global credibility; and lots of real, genuine human suffering.

*What ever street that is I'm not going there.

Edited by Pat Uri

ta, bullit!

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 1

This Queer Queensland situation - as enforceable as taxi's carrying bales of hay, at all times - is due to the fact we don't have a Legislative Council so our laws don't have to make any practical sense...I wonder if urine samples that are positive for drugs become the drug itself too?

Well I might have taken them seriously if they knew which orifice of the horse they are getting their information from.

I know many people who have mescaline containing cactii on their property right now:- if you wanna come and bust them.

If not - just make yourself look like ridiculous buffoons (bufo = "toad" as in puffed up, ineffectual threat)

Many thanks Mr T for trying to make them see reason (like the rest of the world);

Torsten (yesterday) representing our interests to the Queensland Government

Edited by Pat Uri