The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
KlUe

Fungus looking growth in a couple of my grafted loph pots

Evening all,

I've repotted one grafted loph after seeing a some form of fungus occur, however have noticed another loph now experiencing the same effects.

Underneath of the "mini shrooms" soil were almost web-like areas of mycelium looking growth, with tiny pin-head sized whitish/yellow ball type formations all around little pockets of surface soil (1-5cm deep and spreading)

Is this something I should be worried about? As its occurred on a second prized loph of mine, I'm getting a little worried this could do some harm.

Any help would be appreciated, pics attached (sorry or quality)

Peace out

post-2817-1234599362_thumb.jpg

post-2817-1234599412_thumb.jpg

Edited by KlUe

Shrooms are a sign of way to much moisture.

I'd recommend changing your mix to something with better drainage/less retention and also cutting down on watering.

cheers

ed

prolly got something to do with the wood bits in the soil...ala woodchips and woodlovers

Thanks for the replies guys. I admit I had my suspicions regarding the wetness - I bought Debco Cactus/Succulent Mix (only brand I use) however noticed it was MUCH more barky than usual (closer to their Pot Power mix). Might have to go thru and repot the ones with that batch of soil.

Peace

commercial stuff is generally bunk in my opinion....anything woody i avoid like the plague for most cacti.

Hi KLue! This woody stuff is a commercial cactus soil? This suprises me! Due to the wood chips, it takes way too long to dry out! The shrooms dont hurt your cactus but on the long term i would use another soil! bye Eg