The Corroboree
blip

Bush doofs

Edited by lsdreamz

Curiously enough, I've never been to one of these shindigs either.

i was broken in about 6 months ago. although it generally isn't the music i listen to, i decided to go on a whim anyways. for the first hour i felt out of place but i've always been touched by the friendliness and kindness of complete strangers at these types of events. it was very rejuvenating for me cos around that time for me it felt like life was losing its flavour.

fond memories, would definitely love to go again sometime. and it's quite surreal watching all these drug affected people, jiving to electronic music in the middle of the bush as the sun's coming up. i remember thinking "fuck, if aliens were watching us now, they'd probably be commenting on how odd the human courtship ritual is" :P

Edited by twix elbert

Both the events listed on australiens in NSW this weekend are indoor parties, not bush doofs.

Not that that means they won't be worth going to but I prefer to party outside.

Curiously enough, I've never been to one of these shindigs either.

funny you should say that..I've been a Psytrance geek from day one..I started off in London back in 91 with "Return to the source" and various other squat parties, Glastonbury etc..

I then ran a club with friends at Holloway Uni every second Friday nite.."Club Alien"..even produced and released various psy tracks on different labels here and there..Have been to many indoor gigs here.."Eat Static" at the Gaelic Club and did the sound for "Ygasil" at the Abercrombie Hotel...but I've never been to an outdoor aussie bush DOOF..unless Summer Dreaming counts..?

A friend of mine does the sound for most of the events around NSW and I can vouch for their friendliness..definitely on my list of shit to do.

H.

Been attending for about five years now.

The bush doof is an amazing thing and highly recommended :)

ps.. maybe avoid any nnsw doofs as introductory ones, they seem to have not the best vibes of late. Oh there is one called Earth Freq in seqld this weekend, meant to be one of the best in the area.. Bit of a road trip from syd though!

^^^ To be sure it has a lot to do with some of the crews that are rocking up with the wrong intentions.

Good to see some organisers employing better security and actively trying to get rid of the trouble makers, I've even heard of some occasions where the music is stopped until the trouble makers leave the doof. Personally I think it is unfortunate that it comes to that, but I'm glad it does when there are troublemakers there detracting from everyone's experience.

Peace

victria bush doofs are where its at. our shit is the best :lol:

yeah bush doofs. i used to be pretty hardcore into it in the mid -late 90ies to about the mid 00ies. started when i was about 15. loved them. guess i started to get a bit over the 'scene.' y'know, you hear it all the time about the vibe changing & all that so i'm not gonna bang on about that. the rampant drug abuse made me need a change & some of my best friends were pretty much the core of the hardcore.

i really enjoyed making music & playing & all & i still love psytrance, i just don't listen to it that much anymore. it's sort of a set/setting thing for me these days.

for me, at least at the beginning, bush doofs really were, for want of a better word a 'spiritual' thing. at the start to me the social aspect was secondary. i mean good psytrance played on a really clean large system provides such an incredible space in which to journey into the deepest realms of inner space while dancing. & having a lush bush setting & being surrounded by lots of other folk who are thoroughly getting into the experience really is an amazing thing. i would often dance for over 12 hours straight until i was completely drained. the places you can go in your inner cosmos while riding on that current! :o:drool2::wub::blink::wacko::wink::lol:

anyway later on i got more into the social side of it. it certainly attracts some beautiful people. needless to say though, it attracts a bunch of fuckheads too.

anyway i went to my first doof in about 4 years a couple of months ago in the mountains. it was a beautiful spot & it had a pretty nice vibe. i had a good time. it was awesome to see heaps of old friend who are still full on passionate about it & doing it every week still after so long.

bush doofs are amazing. :wub:

i've been going to the odd one here or there for some 13 years and they are just the best experience. so layed back and chilled out, they just seem so much more communal, and organic.

I dont like the idea of going to indoor events anymore.

i think once you get in there and get into the outdoor doof vibe you cant go back.

Having said that, you do get a few dodgy ones, where the vibe isnt there. over the last couple of years i have noticed an increase in alcohol usage and i personally find that a bit unpleasant, especially when there are heaps of people sitting around consuming it.

and sometimes they can be too loud. just cause your in the bush doesnt mean you have the crank the sound system.

but if its all well organised, and good vibes, they can be mind blowing events.

nothing like watching the sun rise over the trees, and blissing out to wicked tunes. :P

yeah!!!

cheers, Ob. B)

I found out about Doofs through my connections with the EB circles... First went to one in 2003 and have been a convert ever since :) :)

Next doof will be Earth Freq in SEQLD this weekend... and I think a large contingent of plant heads will be there :)

WA peeps.

First bush doof NYE last 07/08, went cause my town is small ass bum fuckville and nothing happens worth going to unless ur a meth head. Went to electrypnose a few weeks later. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type...+perth&aq=f

Been hooked ever since. Went to about 15 in 4 months and lost count after that. Been to like 30 in a year and have only missed a few cause of my new GF who doesn't like them and doesn't really like me going cause of all the pretty young girls there. AND it's a 4 hour drive for me each way too attend and I don't hesitate cause it's worth every bit of it! Earth dance was like 8 hours drive for me and 3 day event which I stayed 4 cause I was too tired todrive and needed sl;eep b4 driving.

I'd have to say that I think Our doofs are probably thebest equipt and organized with only minor problems with dickheads from time to time, but thats been sorted out now too. 1500L of water for mist dome, chill out domes with movies, etc playing, best sound system ever! Sum of u may have seen it at rainbow last week. The odd looking megaphone looking ones. And they only ran at 10% at rainbow. Sum freak of a half man, half yowie that climbs around trees and puts up wicked ropeswings(WARNING, Not suitable for intoxicated hippies :P) awesome light set ups. and the cops are so in awe when they see the set up and how pro it is they let us continue, every time so far. Hand out but buckets for smokers and do big litter clean up before we leave and leave place tidier than when we arrived. Fires and fire twirling only in winter and extingushers in abundance. Smoke, bubble machines, laser shows, mist is best for that and I muct say sum of the best locations ever.

But I prolly am a bit bias.

Trust me, go! Even by yourself if u must. I have been alone too my third one and had the best time ever. I'd recommend sum sherbert.

Peace

n565202151_2059506_2636.jpg

Sherbert, sour skittles and some warheads...or just a bottle of lemon juice.....deliciously sour. heheh.

hey lsdreamz, i don't think many events get posted on australiens. it's a shame but you need to go to oztrance to find events, and at the moment it's not possible to sign up.

earth freq will be good, in fact, do you want to drive me there? awesome, it's a plan, pick me up friday. we can volunteer 9am sunday for free entry, two hours of litter patrol, well worth it considering $100 door price.

edit: those trumpet looking speakers are nuts man just nuts. all doofs should have fake, trumpet-looking speakers for visual effect.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Edited by lsdreamz

.edit: those trumpet looking speakers are nuts man just nuts. all doofs should have fake, trumpet-looking speakers for visual effect.

LMAO, not fake dude and it was their lack of asthetics that was critisized the most. but when u hear them, asthetics go out the window. Each tweeter is worth $6000US and the subbies close to 10k, the mid range were not cheap either, I think 4k each for them, approx 30k all up without anything to run it. These are absolutely the most incredible speaker I have ever heard and are designed and built locally here in WA. I have a pair on order :P

i never said they were fake!! but all doofs should have a pair of fake hooters (in the absence of a real set).

lsdreams, don't let your allies worry about the 'no booze n drugs' on the flier. as sina mentioned though, it seems that booze and meth are the allies of choice for some idiots kicking around nnsw, so i had a look in the nsw section for you (yes, nnsw is such a big scene it gets its own forum). however organisers in the nsw section don't bother to put the fricking date in the fricking thread title so i gave up. bent perception in early may is getting lots of attention.

Could anyone thats a member of Oztrance be able to copy.paste any upcoming decent NSW or surrounding area doofs ?? Im interested in going depending on how much they are and what allies i can bring with me to keep me company :P
JOIN US ON ANOTHER 3 DAY OUTDOOR ADVENTURE!

3cbdi9bm7j0iodg0y9ob.jpg

***** WEEKEND PSYFARI *****

2 hours from Sydney.

FEATURING:

TETRAMETH – LIVE - Zenon Recs, Melbourne, http://www.myspace.com/tetramethmusic

VANGHOUL – LIVE – Up Records, Israel, http://www.myspace.com/vanghoulmusic

DISECT – LIVE – Canberra, http://www.myspace.com/disectbeats

DAHEEN – LIVE - REGEN, Sydney, http://www.myspace.com/daheen

TURNITUP – LIVE - 3rd Eye, Canberra

ONDA – LIVE – REGEN, Sydney/Canberra

RHYTHMIC SUN – Wollongong, http://www.myspace.com/rythmicsun

MERKEBA – LIVE - Sydney, http://www.myspace.com/elfunkshui

BUMBLE – REGEN, Sydney, http://www.myspace.com/bumblebeatszzz

SATORI – LIVE, Outback Alliance Productions, http://www.myspace.com/sat0ridarkpsy

COSMIC SNAKE – Hotlegs Records, France, http://www.myspace.com/cosmicsnake

BLACK SAMURAI – Up Records, Sydney

GISKIA – Synchrology Records, Italy

ABUSE – Lucid Visions, Newcastle, http://www.myspace.com/serotonebeats

ALTAFARI – LIVE - Columbia, http://www.myspace.com/altafarimusic

Not to mention:

dicA, Bio[diversity], YOBI, ALEX UP, NEZBIT, RAPTOR, JEANNIE, PAWANA, ATREYU, TRAVELLER, C-NOT, FREAKY ROUTE, BOUNCE, LEEROY, KALYA SCINTILLA, BEN, JUJU*, D-ANgel, ELLIOT, BOUNCE, PIRATE LOVE, SUPERBEAST, PHSIRIS, TWINKLE DEE, ERECSEAN, CHAPPO, SERAPHINE, CIRCUIT JERK, DISTEMPER, MNOITNEMRETSIM, SARISS, AK-FORTYSARA, THE MIGHTY INSTIGATOR, HAMMER & TONGS, PETE PARANOID, WEEMAN + more

Two BIG systems featuring the finest of psychedelic and progressive tunes on the main stage, and an outstanding array of genres on the second.

lighting by luminous lights.

decor by noisy kids, chickens and jay's word.

get your ears, tails, wings, horns and dancing shoes ready...

more info in coming months...

RHYTHMIC EARTH

Date: Fri 10th - Sun 12th April ~ Easter fullmoon

Venue: Location 2 hours from Sydney

LIVE

Samadhi (Blitz Studios; Russia)

Terrafractyl (live) (Sundance Records; Melbourne)

Sienis (live) (Gi'iwa Records; Sweden)

Sensient (live) (Zenon Records; Melbourne)

Akin (live) (REGEN Records; Sydney)

Daheen (live) (REGEN Records; Sydney)

Fracas (live) (Sydney)

Tripy (live) (Malta)

Satori (live)

Serotone (live) (Lucid Visions; Newcastle)

Deej

Agent 23

Ritchie Jay

Pawana (Shapeshifters)

Nezbit (Shapeshifters)

Megatron (Speakahuggers)

Atreyu (Speakahuggers)

dicA (Revealing Mind)

Solar Spiral

Noisemaker

Nachoes

..more tba

Visuals:Team Visual

Lighting: Luminous Lights

Decor:Pegasaurus

After a fruitful summer the time comes to celebrate the upcoming preparations for winters subterranean growth. Rhythmic Earth is in motion to be a convergence of music and art for varied tastes. Undoubtedly some new artists will be on board to add to your list. Internationals along with more interstate and local producers and djs to be announced upon confirmation. All other details regarding will be announced soon. With such a massive summer ahead and knowing how fast time fly's we thought we'd give everyone time to prepare and consider :~)

Ahh shit I didn't realise Samadhi was gonna be in the country, he better play down Vic way!

well worth it just to see Richie Jay and Daheen..the later being one very funny fucker..if he does the impersonations of Bush with mask on and monkeys and pirates etc...its a riot..I've never laughed so much as when I saw Daheen perform with guitar and Bush mask on...really nice tunes he produces as well.

H.

I'm planning on heading down for the Isotopia festival.

Has anyone been to past events?

How was it?

I actually went to my first doof last weekend.

I love psytrance so I probably enjoyed it more than some others might. Anyway, it's great fun and everyone is so nice :) At one point, my girlfriend was dehydrating so people were giving her fruit and water haha. But yeah. Has a great vibe to the place.