The Corroboree
blip

Bush doofs

Been doofing well over 10 years, in Brisvages for Earth Freq, maybe some of you SAB heads can say hi, as i am a stranger to theses parts, just look for the camera :lol:

hugs

coffs harbour ones are fucked.

ive seen more punchups and goonbags at a b&s ball.

northern rivers ones are choice, and of course egas mini doofs are choice.

If you use facebook a good way to find partys is to join the various crews FB groups and they'll send you a message every time they put one on.

If you're located within driving distance of canberra our next ecotek gig will be in april - feat. Tristan Boyle (Zenon recs). I'll post it in the chill section here a little closer to the date :)

ive been to around 4 over the last 2 or 3 years. i reckon they're awesome places, really peaceful and it's awesome to see so many trippers. i'm planning on going to another sometime in feb or march

Hey incog, cheers for gettin back to me when i was in coffs... fckin jerk :P jokes...

but yeh the coffs ones seem to be gettin worse and worse, no good for me in the fragile and often paranoid and socially anxious state i end up in out there.

Can't stand seeing all the fights and shit, I have no problems with goon, in fact if you've seen one out there I may have been holding it, while I don't usually drink much out there that is what i generally take because it's what i often drink. So I don't think we should blame the goon, but we should blame the idiots who have fun fighting and causing trouble with other people. one prime example i saw was at one of the basscamps, think it was artoficial afterparty, where some guy was standin on his own peaceful groovin to the music, think it was cosm, and these fucks, who do the same shit every time, ran up behind him, blew an air horn in his ear and ran off. What the fuck is that?

Hopefully they up the security though, and start crackin down on the dickheads starting fights...too much goey, too much booze, and most importantly, too many dickheads.

Peace

the few basscamps i went to seemed to be unorganised, dangerous, shitfights.

Sorry ME i would be embarresed to be seen 50metres from a goonbag..to be honest!!

i just cant conjure up a bigger 'dero' image than someone pissed holding a goonbag. Ill neck myself first before is slip that far :P what i did find entertaining was the skulling of goon through the beer funnels-thats some crazy shit!

i was dancin with tripitaka at one when this hefty lad crashed through uspunching some kids skull into a pile of bottles thrown against an acaia tree...was full on. I tried to help and was set on by about 8 little fukers who thought i was the one bashin the kid! try that on a belly full of funghi!

Other than the violence, the trashing of the bush in which the doofs where held was atrocious. Bottles and goonbags(eek) just thrown through the bush. Majority of the people there couldnt give a fuk.

There where no bins,no security, just seemd like a venue for underage kids to go and get fucked up.

One i went to out of coffs they turned of the music and demanded money of the crowd before they continued, calling the crowd 'cunts'.

ps.ME i think u turned up in coffs long after i left.

it's been done to death at OT and i'm not sure why i'm gonna continue on the topic here but... what you guys are describing really sucks.

i think i know one of the main factors. most of the nnsw parties i've been to were slapped together. no offense, but they don't invest their money in much other than dj's and speakers, so it's really hard to imagine they are hiring security. if the situation is as bad as some descriptions (i've never seen it myself), i would say stay away from the bad areas which from the sound of it are nimbin and coffs, unless serious money has gone into the party.

edit: from what you're saying it's been going on for a long time, and you raise another good point. the litter can be feral. in this instance i'm thankful to be a queenslander. speaking of queensland, we (amongst others) will be host to highcosmo (highko and cosmo) pretty soon.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

All good man was only jokin bout the no contact thing.

I do agree though, lots of kids getting wasted and not much else out there anymore.

And I can assure you my goonbags always came home with me, and like I said, I never got that drunk, it usually went home almost as full as it was when it went out.

Don't know that I'll be going to another basscamp, if i do it will be to see old friends and thats about it.

There are good ones in coffs I think, but not the basscamps, and unfortunately those are the only ones I've been too bar one...and it was plagued by a few total fucking scumbags hooning around throwing each other out of the boot of a commodore in the grass next to the dancefloor....

Peace

If you use facebook a good way to find partys is to join the various crews FB groups and they'll send you a message every time they put one on.

Thanks for the tip.

I just joined the 'AUSTRALIENS' group & 'The Australian Suburban and Bush Doof Appreciation Society' groups.

Any other you can recommend?

cheers,

Mick

Security is unnessisary if only the right people are invited ;)

that sounds shit. all the doofs ive been to have been in newcastle and have always been really peaceful and chilled out, everyone gets along nicely and i've never seen a fight there. part of the reason i enjoy these things so much is because it's somewhere to go where you can get away from those type of people you normally find in the cities. that really sucks to hear that kind of stuff going on, it'd just ruin the whole vibe.

Edited by mardybum

Security is unnessisary if only the right people are invited ;)

lolz.

well worth it just to see Richie Jay and Daheen..the later being one very funny fucker..if he does the impersonations of Bush with mask on and monkeys and pirates etc...its a riot..I've never laughed so much as when I saw Daheen perform with guitar and Bush mask on...really nice tunes he produces as well.

H.

Nice. Daheen (Dave) is a good friend of mine, love his vibe and tunage!

My time for bush doofs was between 2002-2005. I saw the scene seriously deteriorate into a seedy drug scene towards the end of 2004. It's a shame it went like that, as my initiation into the scene was such a beautiful place and some serious exploring of conciousness took place regularily. It seems dirty party drugs have sort of taken over in some places. I can't really comment on what it is like at the moment except for reports i get occasionally from friends who go regularily. Still there is nothing like a party in the bush. I agree with those that say it is hard to go back to an indoor gig after being in crystal clear nature for such an experience.

I'm listening to one of my fave psytrance albums while typing this: 'Gataka: Drop the Mask' - it's old but it pumps!!

Bring on the goosebumps!

I'd love to organise a reunion type party and see if its possible to recapture that amazing vibe the scene had years ago. Fuck me, I MISS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In many cases I regard bush doofs as little more than environmental rapeism. :angry:

Went to one a few months ago in the alpine region of victoria and was quite scared by the people, music and atmosphere there. Actually it was my first in victoria, i have been to heaps in WA and they has always been very spiritual, friendly, mind bending experiences.

I got introduced to the dark side of the acid culture. The music started off alright with a little prog and then hard trance around 12, then it suddenly progressed into the fastest deepest darkest psy i have ever listened to and this continued through the morning and next day.

After listening to the tunes for a while and rejecting the plan to neck some fungi i went to my car and went to sleep untill the morning, hoping that the music will have changed and i could have a groove to some morning prog i woke up to the same crap music and a bunch of drug fucked lowlife scum strewen across the dance floor. I thought to myself at that moment " this is not how this scene is supposed to be"

I hung around for an hr or so and then left for home

I have since attended rainbow in vic and it was a wonderous experience. Met some great inteligent people, danced to stomping good beats and sampled some great ethno's. Will be going back next year

*insert pages and pages of dark VS prog whinging. dark wins.*

shit man. the drug fucked lowlife scum bit seems a bit strong, not that i was there of course. dancefloors are pretty freaky at night but the prog hordes actually scare me.

• Like 1

WA!

1 fight in over 30 parties and that was between a mate and sum dick who were both drunk as all fuck before it was even dark. professional fighter friend hit guy twice and guy dislocated sholder as he hit the ground. Doof over for him as he was not welcome with that attitude. Thats the only fight and alcohol was main contributer. However I will agreee I have never seen so many goon bags, lmao.

Our doofs are always left cleaner than when we arrive. Admittadely there is sum minor damage to flora and fauna through cars, wood for fires and people walking around. But I think it is acceptable damage when u consider that they are regrowth forsts, once raped completely in the past and large areas of land are still raped daily.

I personally love the hard dark psy, but can understand why it is a bit much for sum people. Just eat more acid if u don't understand dark psy :P But I love it all, the atmosphere, being out in nature, could never feel the same indoors. All the stars, thesun coming up, watching the leaves blow in the wind, climb a tree, swing on a rope swing, go for a walk and explore, find a nice peaceful spot to sit and just chill or even sleep. I love the exchange of home made food stuffs, brightly coloured sweets and fresh fruit. hugs instead of handshakes, laughing yoga, did any1 catch our angel kimmy's laughing yoga at rainbow? Hehe, good way to get a doof started and get people to drop their social inhibitions, u feel like an odd one out not participating.

Peace n love u all

Pretty hard to say what is acceptable damage when in many if not most cases no environmental assessments whatsoever are done.

I also love good dark psy, but the party i was at went a little to far. The music turned into dark/death trance, 180+bpm crap.

No complexity, no rythmn, not even music. The people were not there for the atmosphere, just for the drugs and messyness

WA has the best scene at the moment. So chilled, great people and great music

Hey naja, yeah caught kimmys laughter workshop at rainbow. Sensational like always! lways gets the endorphins running.

She is one of the most down to earth, fun loving people i have ever met

what is laughing yoga?

have either of you been to a QLD doof? i reckon they are pretty good too, but you've inspired me to go check out some WA review threads and see some piccies.

WA scene = perth only?

I'm curious which event you are talking about, lampy.

Do you have any recollection of its name, a more specific location and the date it was held?

umm cant remember the name but it was last year about october/november. It was out at marysville, big river campsite i think??

Was it a small one? Sky High Frequencies, November 15?

i've been to nothing but top knotch psy parties in victoria. shit, maybe i dont get out to enough parties to see the shit side lol!

it hasnt been hard for me to sus out which crews and which DJs/acts are gonna put on a sick party.. pretty easy really *shrugs*

i know its a 2 year bump. couldnt agree more about WA doofs! awesome vibes, chilled, great set ups! was one last week called mario party, a farewell party for for a certain crew going to VIC (look out melbs, seriously :P) was estimated about 700 people past through the gate. 700 people and great vibes! that is rare! was even a sudden end (evacuation)due to bushfire. but still the place was left tidy!