The Corroboree
Plantsoma

Un-urgent Legal Info needed

Hi all, I was harrassed by a police officer in my main street a few days ago. He didn't do anything corrupt or anything i could pin on him but i took a photo of him and later that day he rang me and tried to intimidate me for taking the photo. I know it is my legal right to take photographs in public, most of you know i'm into photography.

I would like to know if it is legal for me to publish the photo i took of him and his name on forums and explain how i was treated? (for the record, i have no criminal record or bad repore with police, which the officer confirmed when he rang me to intimidate me)

His name is fucking hillarious, so if its all good to post you'll be the first to see here! I really need an accurate legal position, i don't want to do anything illegal as you all know what most police are like.

Edited by Plantsoma

The man against the MACHINE!

Don't forget to take a shifter because you'll be needing it!

you really need to ask a lawyer or better even a lawyer that works in a media outlet as he would be up to date on such laws.

Going by what media are allowed to do I would assume it to be legal to publish the picture unless a court order prevents you from doing so.

As for publishing the name, did he provide the name to you or did you find it out some other way? If he provided it then I can't see any reason why it would be illegal to publish.

The question is, do you really want to piss him off?

The question is, do you really want to piss him off?

Wise words Torsten. I think i will chose my battles and leave this one. Although the police officer did not go by the book, I don't think it is to my advantage to pubicise/explain his lack of ethics. I would like to think they have bigger fish to fry (and real crimes to attend to).

Thanks for the advice Torsten.

mind you, in a year or two he probably won't remember you and won't know where the pic came from if you publish it THEN. sometimes it is best to just sit on it for a while and play your cards when it is advantageous to you.

as tempting as it is to fuck with police, it's probably not wise to make your name stand out to them for any reason.

it could be the difference between having your car pulled over or not by cops, when you might actually be doing something that could be misconstrued as illegal.

quick question: are the police's past interactions with you permanantly kept in the police database, regardless of whether or not you were arrested? i remember when i had to file a police report it was mentioned to me that i was searched by police several years earlier, even though nothing came of it.

i cant think of many worse things than having a copper as an enemy.

i would drop it like a hot pie.

"We certainly hope you all enjoy the show. And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there're still some things that makes us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. Everybody." - Elwood Blues

B)

hehehe

nah fuck em they are all wankers anyways (mostly)

99% of cops give the rest a bad name

police are required to give their details if requested

I had one shit for brains here last week who would not leave when requested and out came my video camera, he pissed off pretty quick then

just be careful of defamation

and yes when you start stirring them it is war and only paper work makes them pull their heads in

and if your reading this Sgt KISS MY HAIRY ASS!

mind you, in a year or two he probably won't remember you and won't know where the pic came from if you publish it THEN. sometimes it is best to just sit on it for a while and play your cards when it is advantageous to you.

'Revenge is a dish best served cold'

Remind me not to piss you off :P

I would not start fucking with the police! your only going it in up making it harder on your self down the road. I been there done that, let it go......

Fuck it, now if its all the time and he just will not leave you alone, then you go after this ass. But until then, leave it be. You don't want your name as a person who like to fuck with the police, they will just target you more!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you surely don't want that!!! You have to respect them, even if you want to see him in a wood chipper!!! They are the police, and demand respect. IF he fucking with your rights to the point where it's gets out of hand, then you got to do what you got to do, but not until then, most the time it never get there, so just let it go.

I just try to stay the fuck out of there way. That how I live my life, and its worked for me thus far. No DWI'S, no felonies, and no bloody record!!! nothing!!! And you want to know why? But I trY very hard to shut my mouth, and bit my lip, when they get in my face with that type of shit. I let them do there thing, and most the time its work out for me. I agree, you don't want to make enemies with the police. They will target you "MORE!!!!"

Edited by neo1

Yea, under the radar!

Yea, they HAVE A DATA BASE!!! AND YEA, EVERY TIME YOU CALL THE "POLICE"!!! FOR ANYTHING AT "ALL" IT GET LOGGED THE FUCK DOWN!!!! it does NOT MATTER WHAT KIND OF SHITE ITS FOR!!!!

your fault, you next door neighbor fault, the cat, the dog, the chicken, bird flying over, no matter just make them more suspicious OF "YOU"

I DON'T CARE IF ITS OVER A STICKER ON THE OUT SIDE OF YOUR APT. IT GET'S LOGGED THE FUCK DOWN!!!!

BE SMART "LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

YOU DON'T "NOT" WANT TO FUCK WITH THE POLICE UN LESS THEIR IS NO OTHER WAY OUT, THEN YOU BURN HIS ASS!!!! BUT OTHER THEN THAT, RESPECT THEM! OR THEY "WILL FIND" "SOMETHING" TO PIN ON "YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Remember they are a lot better then you are at this!! as they do this shite daly!!!!! They know the law better then you!! and they will use it against you!!! Plus they are a cop, so who's a judge going to believe????????????????????????????????????

Let me tell you, they are not going to believe "YOU" over him!!!!!!! its not going to happen!!! or most likely not going to happen.

it not right what they do, no its not!! but stay the fuck out of there freaken way!! and they might not target you ass!!!!

If you really want to man up against them, it better be for a "damm good reason!!!!" other wise "let it go!!!" They will forget you, and you will forget them!!

I had the same thing happen to me, pulled me over for "no reason!" took my ass to the local ER and had me drug tested "on the spot", "in hand cuffs!!" and I did "nothing" wrong!!!

I kept telling the guy, I take methadone for pain, the idiot told me they don't give that for pain, I thought what??? Cops are pretty stupid about that kind of shite. I don't know, to make a long story short, I didn't have nothing in my system, as I don't really do drugs anymore.

I kept telling him that, but of course they don't believe you. They even had to pay my bill for the ER, I had to take it down to the court house. After that, they don't fuck with me.

I do think my rights were violated, and I could have possibly made a big deal about it. My sister wanted to know who the cop was, I never got the name, and I didn't want to. I knew it would only make my problems much worse!(down the road)

Even when I went down to the court house the lady at the front desk told me, "well he had to be doing something wrong" I was like WTF!! is wrong with you people?????????

"DO NOT" get your self caught up in the fucking legal system!! I have watch many friend do close to what you want to do, and guess what, yea, they all have record's, but "me"

Yea, do not fuck with the police!! then they will hate you, and "target you ass!!!" They will catch you doing something when you "least expected" and fuck the mother fucking hell out of you, or take you out in a "corn flied" with NOBODY ELSE around and "beat" the "living day light's out of you!!" Its one thing if they get caught on tape. But the smart cops know how to make you ass disappear!!! off the face of the earth and never be found!!!!! They don't fuck around!! They much smarter then you are about this shit type of shit.

I think of the police as "Neo Nazis thugs!!"(AND THEY "LOVE THIER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")

"DO NOT GIVE THEM A REASON" TO TARGET "YOU" to target your ass, and most likely, they may very well leave you the fuck alone...

The reason I am telling you this, to help you not have this happen to "YOU", because once you get caught up in the legal system, its a never ending battle!!! Its like the movie the Bates Motel, you can inter, BUT YOU CAN'T GET OUT!!! Even if you beat the case, its just going to make them want to get YOU more!!!!

sooner or later your luck will run out!!!!

I hear about people talk about beating a case, and seem to think its the end of their problems, ITS NOT!!! it just make them know you BY NAME!!! and target you MORE!!!

I've seen it a million times, its classic!!

Walk a way man, you be better off. un less you want to take on the whole force, walk the fuck away.

Edited by neo1

off topic sort of but i photographed a military man in libya in 2007, and they set me up for all sorts of stuff. i spent 10 weeks in lockup over there. ended up trying to stand my ground while behind bars, did so for a couple of weeks, but then my flatmates decided that five of them could take me down. i have had brain damage ever since

so five of the guys in the cell with u beat u up?

off topic sort of but i photographed a military man in libya in 2007, and they set me up for all sorts of stuff. i spent 10 weeks in lockup over there. ended up trying to stand my ground while behind bars, did so for a couple of weeks, but then my flatmates decided that five of them could take me down. i have had brain damage ever since

If the topics "Urgent legal Info needed" I'm pretty certain your still on topic with a touch of "Urgent medical attention needed" to go with it.

Hope you've mostly sorted that series of events out. All the best for the future.